shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent Q re: shipping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys,

I am about to go to the appraiser to pick up my stone. I would like to get it to Leon ASAP, so I do not want to use USPS Registered Mail, because others have said it can be maddeningly slow.

The stone is already insured through Jewelers Mutual.

What are my options? FedEx? UPS? USPS 2-day/overnight? Which one should I choose?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
anyone? pretty please?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
not sure right off hand but i know there have been several threads about which is best. maybe do a little search for one.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 1:11:00 PM
Author: jcrow
not sure right off hand but i know there have been several threads about which is best. maybe do a little search for one.

Thanks, jcrow. I tried... I must be using the wrong keywords...

Am I right in my understanding that since the stone is insured I can send it FedEx express without insuring it further? If someone could answer that for me it would be very helpful because the I will use FedEx...

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would ship overnight with UPS

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your insurance will probably not cover shipping it anywhere. I am pretty sure about that, but please check if you have any doubts beofre shipping it.

Using UPS with full insurance will be a good and fast way. Overnight, 2nd day, 3rd day or ground are all excellent.

You can use UPSP Express with up to $5,000 insurance coverage for fast delivery.

Fed-Ex is no good for jewelry shipping unless you are in the jewelry business and have a private insurance arrangement.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried to respond earlier but my computer was being wonky and I had to restart it twice... at the time there were no other responses, sorry! LOL Anyway, just wanted to remind you to take your camera ;-) hehe I used USPS priority REGISTERED mail with postal insurance.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash had me send my ring back for resizing via USPS insured registered mail.

Whiteflash said it had to do with insurance and I just listened because I''d rather have it insured correctly than risk losing the money I spent on it!

If I''m not mistaken, UPS has a specific policy that states they will NOT insure jewelry. I read this on a thread a few weeks/month or so ago where someone actually pasted UPS''s no jewelry policy in their post. And apparently a UPS employee had told another Pricescoper that they could send jewelry, so they did. The item arrived fine, but it definitely said in UPS''s policies that they did NOT insure jewelry.

If it were me I would ship insured registered mail because I''d rather wait a few days than lose out on big $.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
UPS will apparently not even ship loose stones, so obviously insurance would not cover anything.

Based on everyone''s responses, I went with USPS Registered Priority. I know the priority probably doesn''t mean anything, but I needed the box, anyway, and it gave me a little more peace of mind.

Thanks everyone. The stone is on its way to Leon.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Good Luck! If it makes you feel better, the Hope Diamond was shipped USPS! Also, I know it is too late, but Fed Ex can be arranged to do it if the vendor you are shipping to has an account and you allow the vendor to charge you to set up shipping - Fed Ex does not allow personal shipping, but will allow businesses to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results