shape
carat
color
clarity

New guy - short on time!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Picture 1 by iphone is not great looking at all.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These stones are not well cut, and they are not natural diamonds. Therefore, we cannot discuss them on this forum. We need to move this discussion to the Man made diamond sub forum.

But these are not natural stones. Unless your GF is ok with a man made stone, DO NOT buy either of these. And even if she is ok with a lab diamond, don't get either of these.

m92371

Rough_Rock
These stones are not well cut, and they are not natural diamonds. Therefore, we cannot discuss them on this forum. We need to move this discussion to the Man made diamond sub forum.

But these are not natural stones. Unless your GF is ok with a man made stone, DO NOT buy either of these. And even if she is ok with a lab diamond, don't get either of these.

The cuts are rated as ideal and excellent on the reports? Is there something I am missing?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cuts are rated as ideal and excellent on the reports?
Unfortunately that doesn't mean they have ideal proportions. Please don't buy either of these unless your GF has specifically said she wants a pink lab diamond and she doesn't care about having ideal cut.

Cut is King in terms of performance. Neither of these are actually ideal.

m92371

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately that doesn't mean they have ideal proportions. Please don't buy either of these unless your GF has specifically said she wants a pink lab diamond and she doesn't care about having ideal cut.

Thank you for the feedback!

What are ideal proportions which will get me a better cut? What should I look for? Are both of these stones noticeably bad? Which of the two (2.99 or 3.01ct) are better (best of the worst I guess)?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So is the 2.99ct worse than the 3.01ct?

Sorry, but according to the tool, the 2.99 scored higher. However, the photos all look different.
The i-phone picture looks so muddy. I really don't know why.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the feedback!

What are ideal proportions which will get me a better cut? What should I look for?
Table : 54-57
Depth: 60-62.4
Crown: 34-35
Pavillion: 40.6-40.8

If you are ok with a man made diamond, make sure to get one that fits into actually ideal proportions, and to make sure you can get more images/videos.

m92371

Rough_Rock
Sorry, but according to the tool, the 2.99 scored higher. However, the photos all look different.
The i-phone picture looks so muddy. I really don't know why.

I've got a message from a friend who is a hobbyist diamond collector and he mentioned that the 2.99 indeed has better clarity, but VS2 and VVS2 is hardly noticeable to the naked eye. He also mentioned that the 3.01ct will be more brilliant due to the proportions compared to the 2.99.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Your eyes under different light conditions will give you more information. Does this vendor take returns?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't make a decision this important without significantly more research. You aren't going to be able to make an informed choice (realistically) in the next 24 hours unless you are willing to change all your requirements or talk to your GF seriously about what SHE WANTS.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your eyes under different light conditions will give you more information. Does this vendor take returns?
Not if the person has never seen an ideal cut in person or doesn't know what to look for.

m92371

Rough_Rock

Yes, the vendors take returns but the last diamond I returned via Brilliant Earth is with US Customs (hold up, as apparently the commercial invoice included did not include the length/width of the 'package'). Major headache - would hate to return another stone to another vendor and get held up again!

Still waiting on my refund from Brilliant Earth - but that is another story.

I guess, out of these, the 3.01ct stone has better proportions overall? I've been told the 2.99 is too deep and maybe that will explain the dull/flat look of the stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results