shape
carat
color
clarity

Upset with WF service on repair - feedback appreciated...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Upset with WF service on repair - feedback appreciated..

I will definitely look at that, but what it results in is that you pay JM for the maintenance rather than the jeweler. If I had been paying extra premiums for maintenance all these years and only had one incident that needed maintenance, I would be definitely worse off financially! To me, insurance is to cover things you cannot readily afford to replace or that would be very costly to replace.

Okay, I went to the JM page and put in the two items I insure. I pay Chubb and annual premium of $499 for just under $50k in value. The premium with JM was $761 for the same coverage except JM covers minor maintenance. That is $262 more per year! Much wiser to pay out of pocket for maintenance, in my opinion.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

diamondseeker2006|1459286988|4012716 said:
I will definitely look at that, but what it results in is that you pay JM for the maintenance rather than the jeweler. If I had been paying extra premiums for maintenance all these years and only had one incident that needed maintenance, I would be definitely worse off financially! To me, insurance is to cover things you cannot readily afford to replace or that would be very costly to replace.

Okay, I went to the JM page and put in the two items I insure. I pay Chubb and annual premium of $499 for just under $50k in value. The premium with JM was $761 for the same coverage except JM covers minor maintenance. That is $262 more per year! Much wiser to pay out of pocket for maintenance, in my opinion.
In your case, the numbers may not make sense. But in other scenarios it might.

I don't think JM increased their rates when they added the preventive maintenance benefit. In any case, it's always important to shop around and compare apples to apples in terms of coverage,deductibles and such.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very true! Always important to compare prices!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results