shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading???

hansenhorsens

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm new here.
I'm just wondering what you guys do after upgrading your diamond(s)? Selling, keeping and remodelling or what?
If selling, where do you sell? Back to your vendor(/store or whaterver)or on e-bay?
I'm thinking about upgrading my e-ring center stone but if I sell back to the jewelry shop, where I've bought, the diamond value will be 20% cheaper. Is it normal?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a difference between upgrade and buyback.

Buyback 80% is quite generous, then you can use it with other vendors.

Upgraded is usually 100% plus whatever else the amount required for the new stone, with the same vendor for both stones.

hansenhorsens

Rough_Rock
Thank you for a quick answer :)
My vendor has buyback and upgrade policy with 20% deducting at the original price.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
hansenhorsens said:
Thank you for a quick answer :)
My vendor has buyback and upgrade policy with 20% deducting at the original price.

That's great!!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
So even the upgrade is a 20% deduction? I would see what he can get you and then decide if you want to go the buyback and use the cash to upgrade with another vendor or stick with him.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
So even the upgrade is a 20% deduction? I would see what he can get you and then decide if you want to go the buyback and use the cash to upgrade with another vendor or stick with him.

Ditto.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results