shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading your Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am wondering if someone can advise me about Diamond upgrading.

I''m English and we don''t have this here. If I buy a .75 Diamond ring, does the upgrade policy mean I can trade it in after a while of having it? Is it a way to get on the Diamond ladder so to speak?
I can spend approximately $3000 on a Diamond now and would keep on saving with the hope of eventually ending up with a much larger stone. Is there a limit to how many times you can upgrade your Diamond?

Thanks for reading
21.gif

Maisie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Maise!

Yes, that''s how it works, with vendors who have an upgrade policy. Say you spend 3000.00 on a stone, when you upgrade, that amount goes towards your next purchase. And as far as I know, you can just keep going and going and going...
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Ellen - much appreciated!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just one more thing (I forgot to ask before) - What do they do with the Diamonds which are traded in? Do they just clean them up and resell them?

Maisie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 6:11:16 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
Just one more thing (I forgot to ask before) - What do they do with the Diamonds which are traded in? Do they just clean them up and resell them?

Maisie
Yes, they send them back to the lab for a new report, and polish them up. If there''s any damage, that is fixed also.

Voila, just like new.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think thats really nice! I like the idea of getting a Diamond that someone has loved and the fact that its been upgraded shows they are still going strong!
9.gif

Maybe I am getting a bit sentimental in my old age lol!

Maisie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results