shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading to 4ct - need advice

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! :love::love::love: What an upgrade!!! :eek2: It looks stunning!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
@miimac7 can you please post a pic comparison of your new aca next to your previous solitaire. It will be great to see!

There's a saying great minds think alike....

I took this right after trying on my new ring, so the original is in need of cleaning, but you'll get the idea.....(original 2.01ct). The side view shows the proportion so well. I have really small hands, fat stubby fingers, but the hand in overall is small.

video and day light pics tomorrow:)

nbkcXNj0ShiIvwwT+XyLPA.jpg Bf1PBxWZRsqW8b%nKpJcTA.jpg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a saying great minds think alike....

I took this right after trying on my new ring, so the original is in need of cleaning, but you'll get the idea.....(original 2.01ct). The side view shows the proportion so well. I have really small hands, fat stubby fingers, but the hand in overall is small.

video and day light pics tomorrow:)

nbkcXNj0ShiIvwwT+XyLPA.jpg Bf1PBxWZRsqW8b%nKpJcTA.jpg
Wowza! The comparison is amazing! Your new ring is breathtaking really! :love:

But your old one is lovely as well! I can’t wait for you to find it a nice match! Did you reach out to IDJ regarding a match btw?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Wowowowow again! Now, THAT’S an upgrade! Can’t wait to see videos. Congrats again!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I’m going to video my diamonds, but I’ve never done this before- any tips?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@miimac7 -

My apologies if you've already noted this, but could you pls tell me what size your fingers are?

Many thanks!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Okay here are some videos. There is no sun today. I am in the midwest - so pretty much frozen and snowed in! I will update when the sun returns (who knows when that will be). Let me know if there is a better way to shoot the video - I only have my phone.

compared new diamond to original diamond and my 2 cttw diamond studs.

I love my new diamond! Love it!!

Love that I burned my hand right by my ring finger, looks so lovely in pictures!

I have not started the search for a matching stone yet, our money tree needs to be replanted before that can happen;-)

https://dai.ly/x71kopy

https://dai.ly/x71kopx

https://dai.ly/x71kopw

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Let me know if there is a better way to shoot the video - I only have my phone.
Try taking a video under the bathroom lights, with all the lights on including the vanity's.
The video publishing is still in progress... that's why I prefer Youtube...

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
let us know what you think after seeing it in daylight. I have an I ACA and I LOVE it too! Mine has medium blue fluor, so I think it makes it even whiter

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I just looked out of dailymotion and checked the link, did I need to do something to publish?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
:evil2: I have yet to see any video - the publishing is taking too long! :evil:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, @blueMA - now that you post it, I *do* remember reading that - tho I swear I went through this thread twice looking for it!

:wavey:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked out of dailymotion and checked the link, did I need to do something to publish?
Not sure what's is going on with Dailymotion. I wonder if it's because your account is new and needs to be verified? Did they send you an email to verify your email address? Not sure why the delay, but I won't be recommending Dailymotion from now on...:nono:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful outcome! Your stone and setting are gorgeous. Your ring is a classic

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I deleted the dallymotion and I am working on a youtube account. I have a gmail, however my name is attached to it so I need to verify that my name is not visible before sharing the links. Also, if I mark the videos as unlisted does that mean they are not serachable? What about private? I'm not part of social media person, only this and another forum for me:)

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I deleted the dallymotion and I am working on a youtube account. I have a gmail, however my name is attached to it so I need to verify that my name is not visible before sharing the links. Also, if I mark the videos as unlisted does that mean they are not serachable? What about private? I'm not part of social media person, only this and another forum for me:)
You can always create a new gmail account as well. I have a bunch for that purpose.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, your ring is kind of amazing!!!!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is the last video. Are you noticing any difference in the tint in person?
You must tell us of our sister's reaction! She just might ask you to help with her upgrade. :twisted2:

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I’m going to take some more videos when there is some sun. I’m sure I will get more fire from the new diamond.

I do not pick up any tint face up and when I compare the two I think the colors are pretty close if no a little better on the new one. I am happy with the color, I am not picking up tint that bothers me.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
if no a little better on the new one.
That's what I'm noticing through the photos and videos. The bigger stone seems more colorless if not equal through the medias. So glad to hear that you're in love with your upgrade!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely, wear it and enjoy! I’ll bet if you’d told your sister it was a g/h, she’d be none the wiser!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
here's another video that shows more fire and sparkle (and my finger being strangled:lol-2:)

password: thankspricescope

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's another video that shows more fire and sparkle (and my finger being strangled:lol-2:)

it's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

OH yes, the best video by far. You're getting better at this!
The stone looks beautiful. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results