shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading to 4ct - need advice

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Here is an update on the progress of my upgrade. WF is done with setting the diamond and will be shipping next week!! I will most modeling shots as soon as I receive the ring.

I'm getting a little nervous about the diamond based on a conversation with my sister. She gave me the riot act for buying an I color saying the diamond is going to look yellow. I told that the person at WF assured me the diamond faces up bright white and is stunning. I showed her all the pictures and the video and she is not believe any of the "hype," as she puts it, with ACA, and that the pictures could have been edited. Her best friends dad is a jeweler in town and hence she thinks she knows more than the average person about diamonds. There is a reason my husband didn't buy from this guy, nor will I so we'll leave it at that. I didn't show her these pics cause I don't want her to rain on my parade. I trust the advice on this forum and WF more than her opinion, however it's my sister and her opinions are bringing my mood about this ring down:(

Do you think the diamond is yellow in the pics? The color of the flowers is distracting to me.

Please give me your reassurance!!!
Semi-Custom-Broadway-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_54244_45945_a.JPG Semi-Custom-Broadway-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_54244_45945_g.jpg Semi-Custom-Broadway-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_54244_45945_g2.jpg Semi-Custom-Broadway-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_54244_45945_g3.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beauty. I don't think it will look yellow but you may see a slight tint if you line it up next to D/E stones or CZ which is superwhite. It comes down to your personal color sensitivity but I'd guess it will look white on your finger and dazzling. Congrats!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful! It will be white! Sisters are often jealous, lol! And I bet she will have to eat crow when she sees it!

P.S. I admit I a jealous too! It's gorgeous!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
If you are offered a more impressive colorless stone - so be it...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@miimac7 I am sorry that your sister is bringing your mood down, sisters can sometimes do that.

I wouldn’t worry about the stone in the slightest until you see it. It it a stunning and very impressive diamond and the finished ring looks absolutely gorgeous!

For what is worth, I also have an I diamond and am pleased with it at this time. Diamonds are always about some sort of a compromise between the 4Cs and budget, so I really think that you made an excellent choice!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with others - withhold your judgment until you actually see it. You are never 'stuck' with a WF stone so no worries. I think it will be stunning!!

As for your sister and her friend's father jeweler, I could almost guarantee that he wouldn't have a stone to sell you with the wow factor of an ACA. I used to wonder about all of that too . . . until I bought one!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In none of the pictures you’ve posted, has it looked at all yellow. Not even the side by side comparison with an H! If she’s yet to see it in person and she thinks she knows diamonds cos her best friend’s dad is a jeweller :roll2:, I’d put money on her having absorbed the classic view that DEF are the only colours to consider and anything else will be banana yellow. Also consider if she doesn’t have a 4+ carat diamond of her own, she might be a little jealous and finding fault for that reason.
Your ring looks completely spectacular in these photos and I expect will look even better in person.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yellow AT ALL!!!! It's gorgeous and white and I'm sure you'll adore it in person.

Edit. OMG "don't believe the hype bc pics could be edited"??? That's a nonsense statement. If WF was editing images, they would have been called out on it long before now. Instead, they have an incredibly successful business with loyal customers who are thrilled.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait to see it in person and then decide. I personally think the stone is reflecting some of the colors of the flowers, and I don’t see any obvious tint head on. But colour sensitivity is highly individual. Some people can see tint at H and I and others cannot. Some prefer warmer whites too, whereas others prefer icy blue whites. The only way to know is to see it in person. And you have options if it’s not quite right,so try not to worry until you do.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I may be an outlier here but I do believe your sister is genuinely concerned and spoke on your behalf with no sugar-coating as sisters often do. However, this does not mean that you'd be bothered by the same tint level as your sister nor I since color tolerance tend to differ.

Your previous stone was around G-H correct?
The 4.16 looked just as good as an H on the side by side comparison, so I would not worry terribly prematurely especially given that you always have a choice to return the stone if you're not satisfied with Whiteflash.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Oh one more thing - you are aware of the awesome Whiteflash upgrade policy? If for any reason you end up more color sensitive in the future even past the return period, you get the full $ credit towards your future upgrade. I bet your sister doesn’t know that. ;)2

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you don't like the color you can always trade it in for a higher color stone! Can't wait to see the hand shots! FWIW I think it will be beautiful!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful ring, @miimac7 ! Like others said, try to hold your judgment until you see it in person. I’m sure it is beautiful but as everyone said, each person has different color sensitivity. WF is wonderful so don’t fret if you think it’s tinted, you can exchange it for another stone. It certainly does not look yellow in the pics at all. It looks gorgeous!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be amazing! I can’t wait to see your new ring with it’s fabulous dreamy diamond. I’ve only just seen this thread and I’ve read it through completely, fascinating and jaw dropping, you’ve had such great advice and opinion from people who know and love diamonds and have such a collection of amazing experience and understanding...I think your sister may need to sit down for a little while after she sets eyes on your incredible new ring! I’m sure she’ll be in awe. Please post updates asap...so excited for you. :appl:

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all the reassurance! I know that my sister is speaking from the “classic view” that @foxinsox mentions. I’m feeling much better and my confidence has returned that I made the right choice. I will for sure post pics! Fingers crossed that delivery is not delayed due to nasty winter storm heading our way!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a lovely stone. Since your sister is making you doubt it I suggest not telling her about it once you receive it so you can come to your own conclusion about it. I don’t see any tint, but your sister might believe she sees tint because the jeweler daughter friend is upset you didn’t buy from her father.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous! :love::love::love:

What do you think? I hope you love it.

And yes, a bit jealous here! :mrgreen:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that is a big diamond!! I too am interested in what you think regarding the stone and the size!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: What a gorgeous, gorgeous and huugeee diamond! I hope that you are pleased with it! It looks stunning!

P.S we need more pics:kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous.:love::love::love:

Thoughts?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't just like it.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, it's HUGE (in a good way). What do you think now that you have it and have been able to look at it in a bunch of lights?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Ok I’ve looked in almost all possible lights except natural daylight cause it’a dark. The diamond is so beautiful and even sparkles in a dark room with only light from another room (I.e. my bathroom light shinning into an unlit bedroom). I do not see color in any of lighting settings I tried (thank goodness for dimmers and LED lights).

I’m in love with this diamond!!! Love love love!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I may need to find a good recipe for crow pie!

Nah, just enjoy your new diamond! It looks beautiful! I can't wait for you to see it in natural daylight.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
crap that's a huge HONKER! :eek-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results