shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrading setting - what to do with old simon g setting?

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock
Hi all -
We are upgrading my e-ring setting, and I am wondering what people do wit their old settings?

It is a Simon G platinum eternity band with bead set diamonds - somewhere around .6 carats? I have a 1.52 asscher in right now, but am told you can change the head to accomodate other shapes.

It seems a shame to just trade in for scrap or to have sit in a jewelry box. Is there a place to resell?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
cragislist, ebay etc?

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock
thanks! i was wondering if those were the only options or if there was something i wasn't aware of. how do you suggest pricing the setting versus the original price? i can get specs and photo...will post later tonight

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd probably cosign it with JBEG, Pearlmans, or GOG (I think they will consign designer settings). If I were buying a used designer setting I'd feel more comfortable purchasing from one of them rather than off ebay. I have purchased designer jewelry off ebay but for very cheap and other folks will be looking for a deal too. If you do opt to do ebay, I'd do a search to see what other items are going for so you can get a good idea of what the ebay market will bring.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it's a designer setting I would contact Pearlmens and also jewels by erica grace and see what they can do for you before listing it on ebay/CL. ::)

Phasers

Rough_Rock
What size is it? Got a pic?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like the setting I would keep it for a colored gem RHR.

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I will look into consigning...and great idea about a colored gem for the setting. I will post a pic as soon as I can take a good one. Need to figure out how to take a decent pic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results