Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrading setting - what to do with old simon g setting?

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock
Hi all -
We are upgrading my e-ring setting, and I am wondering what people do wit their old settings?

It is a Simon G platinum eternity band with bead set diamonds - somewhere around .6 carats? I have a 1.52 asscher in right now, but am told you can change the head to accomodate other shapes.

It seems a shame to just trade in for scrap or to have sit in a jewelry box. Is there a place to resell?

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock
thanks! i was wondering if those were the only options or if there was something i wasn't aware of. how do you suggest pricing the setting versus the original price? i can get specs and photo...will post later tonight

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd probably cosign it with JBEG, Pearlmans, or GOG (I think they will consign designer settings). If I were buying a used designer setting I'd feel more comfortable purchasing from one of them rather than off ebay. I have purchased designer jewelry off ebay but for very cheap and other folks will be looking for a deal too. If you do opt to do ebay, I'd do a search to see what other items are going for so you can get a good idea of what the ebay market will bring.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it's a designer setting I would contact Pearlmens and also jewels by erica grace and see what they can do for you before listing it on ebay/CL. ::)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like the setting I would keep it for a colored gem RHR.

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I will look into consigning...and great idea about a colored gem for the setting. I will post a pic as soon as I can take a good one. Need to figure out how to take a decent pic.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.