shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading my CE diamond to a LGD

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
My phone corrects text to whatever it thinks it should be, despite what I've typed, and I don't always catch that it's posted the wrong word(s)! :lol:

No worries!
We've all been through that!

BabsNMK

Rough_Rock
As an update. I went back to IDJ the following week after requesting to see some other stones that were a slightly higher price point and larger, similar to what I found here. I was a bit disappointed when I went all the way back there and they had nothing for me to look at even increasing my budget. I once again looked at the diamond I had seen previously and it was really beautiful. Since this wasn’t a purchase I even needed right now, and the price was great I agreed to just take that one.

Here’s where things went off the rails. I was then being told the cost I was quoted for stone and repair was now just the stone. Despite the fact it was written down on my ticket. Yekutiel tried to tell me that wasn’t what the numbers meant and there’s no way he could give me that price because it was too low. So I said then just put my old diamond in, and I’ll keep it as is. I was pissed not only that they didn’t get me other LGDs to look at which made my whole trip there unnecessary, but also that the price was being changed. I was walking out the door when he agreed to give me the diamond for what he originally quoted me.

Now it could’ve been a mistake on his part, because I did research it and this diamond was a great deal, but the whole day really pissed me off. I hate feeling like someone is trying to pull one over on me and that’s what it felt like.

In hindsight I think the first time I visited he offered me such a deal because this was something sitting in his inventory that he wanted to offload. I’m not sure if he remembered what he quoted me or on the second visit he wanted it to seem like I was already at the top of my budget so he couldn’t possibly find me a better one.

Regardless, I calmed down and did end up with the diamond. And I’m really happy for what I paid for it. I’ve also cooled off enough that I’ll move on from what happened. IDJ has made me many pieces over the years and this was the first time I felt any irritation so I’m going to let it go. The results are great and now that I know enough about Lab Diamonds, I can go bigger down the road. Yekutiel also took my old CE diamond and made it into a necklace which I love.

So if you’ve followed along this far I’ve attached photos of the final result. I’m not a photo expert and these pictures suck, but I’m thrilled that this is a diamond I can finally see arrows in even in a bad picture!

Thanks for everyone’s help! IMG_0126.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Glad it all worked out, and your ring looks AMAZING, as well as the pendant!
And your nails are also to die for!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love your new ring and your pendant!

BabsNMK

Rough_Rock
Glad it all worked out, and your ring looks AMAZING, as well as the pendant!
And your nails are also to die for!

Thanks! This set is almost done so I have to think of what I should do next. Maybe roses.

BabsNMK

Rough_Rock
Ok I tried to get a few more in sunlight today. Still not great but I guess better? I don’t know how you all get such good pictures (and non wrinkly hands). IMG_0146.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpeg
    IMG_0145.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg