shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading from 1.7 to 2.35 or setting in halo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 9:11:57 PM
Author: EHR2009
What about getting a cute little ring box, and when she opens it, there is a check inside instead of a ring? Still a wonderful surprise, but then you two could embark on the search and decision together? It is a little less personal, but still surprising and thoughtful. That is what I want my husband to do when/if I get an upgrade because I couldn''t stand to not be a part of the decision.
Me to! LOL! Or you can put something more cute in the box, like a one of those rings that is a lollipop.

Do you think your wife would like a surprise or would she like the search for a new setting or diamond?

kswanson

Rough_Rock
Well, I let her pick the first two. She said the reason her mind changes so often is because she made the choice. It wasn''t a present I gave her. I think I am going to go with the new setting since neither of the diamonds has a GIA certificate. I don''t feel comfortable with that. I could also wait around for a different diamond to come around.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can your jeweler call in GIA diamond for you to see?

Do not get a diamond without a GIA cert, it is too risky.

kswanson

Rough_Rock
I love you, but if you want to surprise me. Don''t use your actual last time and post on a forum that you know I look at. Also, log yourself out if you use my computer. This is very kind, but we have been married six months! Lets stop and save. I am VERY happy, though you know that I do want to change in the future. It made me happy that you truly didn''t mean that I couldn''t change it ever again. This was surprise enough.

Thanks everybody for your support. I have always loved silently watching over this forum.

Also, if he is going with the same jeweler as we did before. We have to pay for the certificate out of pocket after we buy the diamond. That''s why it took as a little longer in the past to have them find us an already certified diamond.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 4:41:24 PM
Author: kswanson
I love you, but if you want to surprise me. Don''t use your actual last time and post on a forum that you know I look at. Also, log yourself out if you use my computer. This is very kind, but we have been married six months! Lets stop and save. I am VERY happy, though you know that I do want to change in the future. It made me happy that you truly didn''t mean that I couldn''t change it ever again. This was surprise enough.

Thanks everybody for your support. I have always loved silently watching over this forum.

Also, if he is going with the same jeweler as we did before. We have to pay for the certificate out of pocket after we buy the diamond. That''s why it took as a little longer in the past to have them find us an already certified diamond.
Awwwwww! Although Mr. Kswanson was foiled in this thread, I love hearing from Mrs. Kswanson!

I wish you both so much happiness and joy! Congratulations on your new marriage!
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 4:41:24 PM

What agreat surprise for us! LOL! Mrs.Kswanson you are a lucky lady, now reign him in
2.gif

Poor kswanson!
4.gif
I can''t wait to see his reaction.

Oh, and Mrs. KSwanson -- post pics of your rings in SMTR you naughty lurker!

PS: Even if it takes longer, be sure to call in the certed stones. It is not worth the risk with uncerted if you will be going up substantially in size and spending a lot more money. The possibility of financial loss is too great.

kswanson

Rough_Rock
I am not going to tell him. I am just going to wait until he sees this. I hope it makes his heart drop. hehe. I will post pictures once I take good ones. I was waiting for my wedding photographer to do some, but for some reason she took the rings from us, but didn''t give us any pictures
8.gif

kswanson

Rough_Rock
And yes we know, hubby almost bought me diamond studs that did not have a certificate. Though I am still without studs (by choice), I am glad he didn''t get them, though he thought they were "such a great deal".

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 5:04:50 PM
And yes we know, hubby almost bought me diamond studs that did not have a certificate. Though I am still without studs (by choice), I am glad he didn''t get them, though he thought they were ''such a great deal''.
We will set his straight
2.gif

kswanson

Rough_Rock
Explains why you were being so strange last night and wanted me to check my e-mail. Sorry, I did, but I don''t track it on email. Well this solves the how to tell her and still surprise her dilemma. I am sorry dalia, don''t think its intentional. I looked to see if you had ever posted on this thing. I thought you used the purse forum thing and not this. Also, I can spend my money however I want. I don''t see the point of it just sitting there in a bank. We are 23 and 24, why are you so set on saving for retirement already??? I''ll call you after work. I am sure you are checking this every five seconds to see if I have seen it. Sorry I kept you in mystery for so long, I actually do work at work instead of being online all the time. I love you.

Sorry everyone about all of this personal stuff.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 4:44:16 PM
Explains why you were being so strange last night and wanted me to check my e-mail. Sorry, I did, but I don''t track it on email. Well this solves the how to tell her and still surprise her dilemma. I am sorry dalia, don''t think its intentional. I looked to see if you had ever posted on this thing. I thought you used the purse forum thing and not this. Also, I can spend my money however I want. I don''t see the point of it just sitting there in a bank. We are 23 and 24, why are you so set on saving for retirement already??? I''ll call you after work. I am sure you are checking this every five seconds to see if I have seen it. Sorry I kept you in mystery for so long, I actually do work at work instead of being online all the time. I love you.

Sorry everyone about all of this personal stuff.
Oh sweetie...you have SO much to learn.
9.gif

And good for your wife for wanting to save money. I might get burned for saying this...but diamonds are a luxury item. You take care of everything else (house, car, investments/retirement, kids''/future kids'' college fund) and then you buy the big, fancy rock! You sound like a really sweet guy!

kswanson

Rough_Rock
We don''t have a mortgage or car loans. We don''t intend on having kids and she already setup a 401 K with her work. I just prefer spoiling her than constantly thinking about what might come up. We don''t have any debt and I have money saved up that is "burning a hole in my pocket" like my wife says.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spoil her in other ways if she doesn''t want a diamond right now
1.gif
I love when my DH cleans the house, does the grocery shopping, gives me a foot rub, cooks me dinner.

You both are young and seem like a sweet couple. Thanks for letting us eaves drop a little!

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
LOL. I hope this is real, because it''s just so cute.
1.gif

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 5:14:36 PM
We don''t have a mortgage or car loans. We don''t intend on having kids and she already setup a 401 K with her work. I just prefer spoiling her than constantly thinking about what might come up. We don''t have any debt and I have money saved up that is ''burning a hole in my pocket'' like my wife says.

I am all for the spoiling.....bring on the spoiling!!!! I agree with DD....if she''s not ready for an upgrade...spoil her in other ways. One of the sweetest things my husband has ever done is buy me a big honkin'' gift certificate to a spa. Take her on a nice vacation! Hire a housekeeper. You''ve got a good man Mrs. Swanson!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 5:59:32 PM
Author: lightningbug
LOL. I hope this is real, because it''s just so cute.
1.gif

It is real! I have been a pricescope stalker since last summer. Yesterday, when I got home from work, I got on my computer, wanted to meet my time spent looking at pretty things quota for the week and saw how all the things had the option of replying and the user names were click-able. I so at the top logged in as, so then I just HAD to look at my computers history and found this thread!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Also, I did not look at this at work. Contrary to my husbands believe, I only do that if I have finished all my work. He called me after work and told me about it, unfortunatly I am still stuck at work and have been looking at rings!! I know I would NEVER change my stone, I am glad he didn''t do that. I think I have the biggest stone I will ever need. I do however, think the setting is a bit plain for my taste. When we got it, I got it because I didn''t want to spend so much. I might upgrade the setting now.

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 6:11:03 PM
Author: hmr_mama

We don''t have a mortgage or car loans. We don''t intend on having kids and she already setup a 401 K with her work. I just prefer spoiling her than constantly thinking about what might come up. We don''t have any debt and I have money saved up that is ''burning a hole in my pocket'' like my wife says.

I am all for the spoiling.....bring on the spoiling!!!! I agree with DD....if she''s not ready for an upgrade...spoil her in other ways. One of the sweetest things my husband has ever done is buy me a big honkin'' gift certificate to a spa. Take her on a nice vacation! Hire a housekeeper. You''ve got a good man Mrs. Swanson!
thanks! He is wonderful! I think I want a new setting, I just feel bad bc my MIL made a comment about my ring already being bigger than hers. I just don''t want them to think I am shallow, but I think they know me well enough and know better than that. He did get me a spa certificate once and can''t say I enjoy it too much. I am a weirdo whose mind is always running. We are going to eastern Europe for our one-year. Like I said, I am extremely lucky. We were blessed with parents that have helped us out a lot, so it has been very easy for us. We are extremely fortunate to both work for our families.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
y''all are so dang cute!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 6:47:27 PM
Author: lucky_D

thanks! He is wonderful! I think I want a new setting, I just feel bad bc my MIL made a comment about my ring already being bigger than hers. I just don''t want them to think I am shallow, but I think they know me well enough and know better than that. He did get me a spa certificate once and can''t say I enjoy it too much. I am a weirdo whose mind is always running. We are going to eastern Europe for our one-year. Like I said, I am extremely lucky. We were blessed with parents that have helped us out a lot, so it has been very easy for us. We are extremely fortunate to both work for our families.
MIL''s are like that--if it''s not the ring it will be something else!
2.gif

As for the spa--try it again. The first time I went I couldn''t quiet my mind either....but after that it was much more enjoyable!

Mmmmmm.....a trip to Europe.......the SAHM is covetous!
2.gif

You two sound VERY blessed....and it also sounds like it''s not lost on you either.
36.gif

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 9:59:55 PM
Date: 3/19/2010 6:47:27 PM

Author: lucky_D

MIL''s are like that--if it''s not the ring it will be something else!
2.gif

As for the spa--try it again. The first time I went I couldn''t quiet my mind either....but after that it was much more enjoyable!

Mmmmmm.....a trip to Europe.......the SAHM is covetous!
2.gif

You two sound VERY blessed....and it also sounds like it''s not lost on you either.
36.gif

SAHM? As in stay at home mom??? hehe, at the time, I am not too sure about that. We don''t want kids until we are well into our 30s. I want to go back to school and get some sort of doctorate and have always seen myself as a working mom.

It will never be lost on me. I saw my family turn nothing into a small fortune (own their own business, fully paid for house and cars), I thank god every night for all the blessings he has brought into my life. My husband has always had a comfortable life style, thus why I am the money safety freak and he just likes to throw it around. hehe.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky, I think hmr_mama meant that she is a SAHM and is jealous of your travelling!
1.gif

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
dreamer, like I said in my other thread. Thanks for explaining so many things to me. Haha, my husband constantly tells me I live in a "weird science world", though I can get a 100% in a chemistry test any day, half the time I don''t understand what people around me mean
7.gif

I wish I had the patience to be a stay at home mom, I think that is one of the few positions in the world I truly admire. I am even a poor puppy mom! Thank god my hubbies dad is a vet and my hubby owns a doggy daycare, my poor babies would be so frequently abandoned due to my work hours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results