shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraded my CBI to an 2.62ct G VS1...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, we are twins too! Our specs are just about identical - yours is 9 points bigger than mine. Can't wait to hear your thoughts - especially compared to your last stone!

Wake up already in CA!!

MGR, JMO...
Stone #1 the 2.35ct H VS1 had a smaller table with 76% LGF. The arrows were more distinct and it performs very well in low light condition like inside a fancy restaurant.

2.35ct.jpg

Stone #2...had a larger table with a lower crown it performs well outdoor under the sun. does that make any sense? IDK :confused:

2.60ct.jpg

Stone #3...during lunch today I viewed the new stone with my hand under the table inside a restaurant and the stone was on fire! :love:

AGS 2.62ct.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I'm super curious. What made you upgrade colour? Was the H bothering you? Or were there other reasons? You obviously don't have to answer if you don't wish to. :))

I'm also super impressed you could use the same setting, I thought tension settings were a one time only deal. So that's awesome!
No the H color don't bother me at all, in fact if the right H colored stone comes along in the future I wouldn't mind going back to an H. G/H is fine with me.

A tension setting can be reused if the new stone have the same diameter as the previous stone. In my case you tell by looking at the AGS reports that stone #2 and #3 are the same diameters.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
That's really interesting seeing the numbers and hearing your experience on how each diamond has performed in different lighting conditions.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DF - How does your new stone perform in regular lighting? Does it look whiter or brighter than your last stone?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DF - How does your new stone perform in regular lighting? Does it look whiter or brighter than your last stone?
I'll let you know after I get the chance of playing with stone under different lighting conditions. What I can say for now is that the smaller table stone does look a bit darker under normal lighting condition. Again that JMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I
I'll let you know after I get the chance of playing with stone under different lighting condition.
[/QUOT

I thought you were out doing this all day today! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys :wavey: for all the nice compliments. PSers are the best...:clap:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful BIG stone!!
I too just upgraded my CBI in colour from an 1.76ct VS2 H to a 1.80 VS2 G. I can see a slight difference in colour in certain lighting.
I may be tempted :shhh: to go back down to H if I can get over 2ct for not too much more :$$):

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so curious about the color difference as well! I have an H on hold but keep second guessing myself. Luckily I'm having it sent to me to see in person, but I'm so antsy to see what you think.
I haven't had the chance to compare it to my wife's GIA H color yet. She may get suspicious if I asked to see her ring...:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond @Dancing Fire I love your ring, it’s perfection.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new stone DF!! Amazing that you could reuse the setting.
Thanks CM. Even if I had to do a new setting it would only cost me like $230. I'm too cheap when it comes to settings. I would rather spent more money on the stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll let you know after I get the chance of playing with stone under different lighting conditions. What I can say for now is that the smaller table stone does look a bit darker under normal lighting condition. Again that JMO.
Are you referring to the 2.35 stone with the 54.6 table?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Have fun & tell the tale!

If anyone ever wished to measure these subtleties, [laughs!]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if they are almost identical what made you change your stone? Both look awesome to me and enjoy

cb36

Rough_Rock
Out of curiosity what ring does your wife own? Have you always loved diamonds? Your stone is beautiful

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if they are almost identical what made you change your stone? Both look awesome to me and enjoy
I wanted to try on a G color, plus this stone does have a smaller table with a taller crown. Just my own preference. ;))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my ACA has a small/taller crown, I was surprised really when I received it. it's almost as small and as high as my old OEC, well let us know after you have had it a few days what you think. Me personally, I believe I will never be totally satisfied :) going always be changing as long as I can afford which right now I can't so there you go.

I wanted to try on a G color, plus this stone does have a smaller table with a taller crown. Just my own preference. ;))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not jealous at all ;-) :D

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I turn around you're upgrading, DF! How sneaky of you! It's a beauty for sure.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS is why I went with HPD. The upgrade policy is so great. congrats!!!!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be fabulous DF.

I was pretty happy with my 2.79 F-VS1 CBI where the AGS lab report was dated on our 20th wedding anniversary, :lol-2:
The 2.99 ct CBI ain't gonna happen. I often joke about with Wink that's all. As you know other bidders will most likely out bid CBI for the rough then they'll polish a deep 3ct + from the same rough.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah dude!
Beautiful stone!!! :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results