shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraded HPD setting and new WF band

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Hello amazing PS community - just wanted to share some pictures of my beautiful 1.62 CBI ‘J’ stone that has been re-set in a custom platinum HPD NYCS (New York Classic Setting).

I decided to pair my solitaire with a WF Platinum Benchmark Spaced Eternity Diamond Wedding Ring set with approximately .10ctw diamonds (this was custom made as this style of ring is offered in YG & WG but I wanted to get it in PT).

I know its been a challenging time around the world at the moment and I do hope no one thinks its in bad taste to share my rings here - I really just wanted to share in the same spirit of everyone who generously shares their stories, experiences & pictures - I know that I love being able to come to PS as a retreat from the everyday stresses of life (more so now than ever).

Here are some lovely shots taken by the very sweet & talented Alicia at HPD. As with my prior experience dealing with everyone at HPD - they are truly amazing and deserving of all the accolades showered on them.

Special thanks to @LaylaR and @Wink and their entire team who go above and beyond in their customer service.

It would be remiss of me to fail to mention the amazing service I also got from WF - in particular Liza - just THE nicest and most down-to-earth person as well as a wonderful and knowledgable associate at WF. My interactions with other staff at WF @Vera W - also exemplary! Thank you WF!!

I just received my package from HPD today and I am waiting a little while after spraying the box to get my rings out. In the mean time - here are the lovely shots taken by the lovely Alicia at HPD.

Thanks for letting me share.

1273D4B3-8E8F-449C-AB10-250339267B0D.jpeg

0577782C-E352-4024-966A-87EFED5EB885.jpeg

376BA16D-807F-4861-A46D-8BEE8C0F30EE.jpeg

B56FA3FC-1AC6-427A-A9BE-2131A7BDAC2F.jpeg

728FBAAA-BA8A-444B-9B18-6FFD4F881A34.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful and no, of course it isn't in bad taste to share them! I can't wait to see handshots of the rings together! Your band is reminiscent of the Bezet band that Tiffany sold - I had that band in yellow gold at one time. Congrats on a beautiful set of rings and please come back with more pictures!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello amazing PS community - just wanted to share some pictures of my beautiful 1.62 CBI ‘J’ stone that has been re-set in a custom platinum HPD NYCS (New York Classic Setting).

I decided to pair my solitaire with a WF Platinum Benchmark Spaced Eternity Diamond Wedding Ring set with approximately .10ctw diamonds (this was custom made as this style of ring is offered in YG & WG but I wanted to get it in PT).

I know its been a challenging time around the world at the moment and I do hope no one thinks its in bad taste to share my rings here - I really just wanted to share in the same spirit of everyone who generously shares their stories, experiences & pictures - I know that I love being able to come to PS as a retreat from the everyday stresses of life (more so now than ever).

Here are some lovely shots taken by the very sweet & talented Alicia at HPD. As with my prior experience dealing with everyone at HPD - they are truly amazing and deserving of all the accolades showered on them.

Special thanks to @LaylaR and @Wink and their entire team who go above and beyond in their customer service.

It would be remiss of me to fail to mention the amazing service I also got from WF - in particular Liza - just THE nicest and most down-to-earth person as well as a wonderful and knowledgable associate at WF. My interactions with other staff at WF @Vera W - also exemplary! Thank you WF!!

I just received my package from HPD today and I am waiting a little while after spraying the box to get my rings out. In the mean time - here are the lovely shots taken by the lovely Alicia at HPD.

Thanks for letting me share.

1273D4B3-8E8F-449C-AB10-250339267B0D.jpeg

0577782C-E352-4024-966A-87EFED5EB885.jpeg

376BA16D-807F-4861-A46D-8BEE8C0F30EE.jpeg

B56FA3FC-1AC6-427A-A9BE-2131A7BDAC2F.jpeg

728FBAAA-BA8A-444B-9B18-6FFD4F881A34.jpeg

BEAUTIFUL!!!
I do not think it’s in poor taste for you to share your joy & excitement during such a time of concern, gloom & doom!
I’m a healthcare professional.
I just got home from work, stripped down, scrubbed down, and changed into clean clothes. The first place I came was PS!!
You have made my incredibly stressful day much BRIGHTER!
I can’t wait to see handshots!
Congratulations on a beautiful, classic, and chic set!!! :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stun-ning!! And thank you for sharing! I enjoyed such a beautiful diversion from the world events! Can’t wait to see your handshots!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I just love that Classic NY setting! Thank you for sharing pictures! Did you have WF send the band to HPD for the pictures? What a beautiful set! I really like that band!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a Pricescope set if I've ever seen one! What a beautiful pair! I love the e-ring profile. Congratulations and wear it in the best of health!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Such elegant setting. Very beautiful!!!! Congrats!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! Would love to see hand shots.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings, congrats!!!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh it’s beautiful. I can’t believe it’s a J color. Do you notice any tint at all? It looks so lovely to my eyes.

It’s not in bad taste, many of us are happy to be distracted with shiny things with all that’s going on in the world.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so pretty! I really love the band and setting. Can’t wait for more phooooottttoooos

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful rings!! Congrats and enjoy!

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! congrats on 2 lovely rings from 2 fantastic vendors :kiss2: :kiss2:

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I can’t wait to see hand shots! And thank you for sharing your excitement and beauties with us!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, what a beautiful set, congratulations--you must be thrilled! :love: And no, don't feel awkward about it in these times. Life has to continue & go on, plus its such a diversion during these crazy times. Birthdays, anniversary's etc are all going on continuously, and we must celebrate. Enjoy your new rings in health and happiness!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh SO lovely and classic. To be ENJOYED!

cheers--Sharon

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your sweet & supportive replies!

BEAUTIFUL!!!
I do not think it’s in poor taste for you to share your joy & excitement during such a time of concern, gloom & doom!
I’m a healthcare professional.
I just got home from work, stripped down, scrubbed down, and changed into clean clothes. The first place I came was PS!!
You have made my incredibly stressful day much BRIGHTER!
I can’t wait to see handshots!
Congratulations on a beautiful, classic, and chic set!!! :kiss2:

@Matthews1127 - Thank you for your service and being in the front-line.....so glad I was able to bring a little bit of brightness to your day!
=)2

Stun-ning!! And thank you for sharing! I enjoyed such a beautiful diversion from the world events! Can’t wait to see your handshots!

Thanks @Slick1 - handshots to follow. In the meantime will attach a couple more glamour shots.

I just love that Classic NY setting! Thank you for sharing pictures! Did you have WF send the band to HPD for the pictures? What a beautiful set! I really like that band!

Thank you @OdetteOdile - I do love the band - alone it is rather dainty but next to the solitaire it seems to hold its own while letting the solitaire shine. Its a bit of a long story but I had the wedding band made soon after I got the original ring. When it arrived - I had sent my e-ring to HPD for some adjustments. I then decided to upgrade the Stuller setting to a custom HPD NYCS - I was lucky enough to meet the wonderful Layla locally as I wanted to compare my J with an I (also a 1.62) along with a newly cut 1.75 J.

I could not see much of a difference in color between my stone (J) and the I (only really apparent from the side). I could not discern much of a size difference between the 1.62s and the 1.75. Ultimately - I decided to keep my original stone and just upgrade my setting.

I had taken along my new WF band and Layla kindly offered to send it to the bench so that when they made my new setting they would make sure the band would sit comfortably with it.

Oh gosh it’s beautiful. I can’t believe it’s a J color. Do you notice any tint at all? It looks so lovely to my eyes.

It’s not in bad taste, many of us are happy to be distracted with shiny things with all that’s going on in the world.

Thank you kindly @Lvoeshinythings - I do see a tint - its very bright white from the top - but I see the tint from the side. It does not bother me at all.

Couple more glamour shots that show off the profile of the NYCS. I will post some handshots tomorrow!

D28E42D9-9ECF-4395-8F69-BD93B67CF410.jpeg

D9F84D0D-E66A-44EA-A10C-BEFE2E9208A6.jpeg :kiss2:

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
So in love with the set, lovely pairing!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pair of rings, Congrats! :clap:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning set! So clean & classic!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh stunning! Cannot wait until you can get them out the box and share handshots with us!

Never ever feel bad about sharing a treasure on Pricescope. It brings everyone joy, and it's nice to share in yours at this otherwise rather alarming time.

I've found myself escaping in my sparkly rings even more than usual in the last week or two... And escaping in Pricescope too!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I should add - thanks for the information about your comparison with a slightly larger I... That's helpful. Could you still see the tint in the I as easily? I also have a J and am colour sensitive so easily see the tint from the side, but it doesn't bother me at all for now. I know potentially one day I would like to go up in colour but I don't feel the rush to.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am revisiting this thread because this set is perfection to me. Size-wise, everything. What an inspired choice of band!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful set, thank you for sharing and brightening my day. May you wear them in good health for many years.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set!

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Oh I should add - thanks for the information about your comparison with a slightly larger I... That's helpful. Could you still see the tint in the I as easily? I also have a J and am colour sensitive so easily see the tint from the side, but it doesn't bother me at all for now. I know potentially one day I would like to go up in colour but I don't feel the rush to.

Hi @Lykame - the slightly larger stone was actually a ‘J’ I believe. Comparing the two 1.62s (J & I) - to me they were equally bright face up. From the side I could see the difference in color grading. Between I & J (same carat size) there was not a compelling enough difference for the price jump. I don’t think I am too sensitive to a slight tint in the diamond - but everyone’s tolerance is different.

It might sound a bit nutty but I feel like my diamond actually appears bigger and brighter in the new custom setting than it did in the original Stuller 6-prong setting.

Here are some handshots for those that asked! Please excuse my quite wrinkly & fleshy fingers! Oh and my not so neat nails!
:shock:

Early morning sunlight indoors - loved being able to capture those arrows!

4BE49077-7212-4CC8-B763-9543955339B9.jpeg

460E3731-E9CE-465C-8A7F-320B1C21C2DF.jpeg

My attempt at a nature shot :lol:

C94A51D4-71B3-4A8E-B5DF-3F099E0C3220.jpeg

At a distance.

49DC92BC-E9F4-415F-8DB8-161A5656AC03.jpeg

27C764DD-1221-4083-B925-31CD991A524D.jpeg

A few fire shots....little bit hard to capture as its quite cloudy today.

5ECA7E0C-BF27-4B73-B69C-B2337B3B72E6.jpeg

5EDE19CB-FB66-4EA3-AC66-C237F02EFD98.jpeg

15090030-99B7-40B9-8B76-223B8296CDED.jpeg

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
I am revisiting this thread because this set is perfection to me. Size-wise, everything. What an inspired choice of band!

Thank you for your kind words @alittlelight - I absolutely love seeing everyone’s diamonds on PS. While I understand that everyone has different desires, personal budgets & constraints - for me personally this size stone is ideal.....its actually bigger than I originally thought I wanted (1 ct range). The fact that is actually over 1.5 ct AND a super-ideal cut makes me feel super blessed.

With respect to the band I wanted something simple - and its a fortuitous coincidence that both rings pair together so well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results