shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraded Diamond Studs 2.16 ctw!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OK... this is the craziest photo collage. Looks like an odd bat creature.

But hope it helps anyone considering martinis vs baskets.

See how the basket set stud on the left pops more? The one on the right is martini set. Gorgeous, but my ear was so cushy and fleshy it kind of ate it up. I felt it blended in too much with my ear or looked like a smaller sparkly dot instead of a stud. On others, it probably doesn't do this. My ears are hungry hungry hippos that ate my studs!
31.gif
Also, it was so flat next to my ear, it picked up the fleshtones and blended in a lot more.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oops, forgot to attach the crazy bat earwig photo! LOL

Left: Basket setting
Right: Martini setting

See how the edges of the martini, being naked diamond - blend into my ear?

The basket setting on the right pops more and is more defined with the frame. It makes the diamond look a lot bigger on my ear, too. It's kind of the difference between a set and unset stone. Martinis are so gorgeous in their nekkidness, but I think I needed the push-up bra for my studs. We were shocked to see the size difference when I tried them on in the store. We were both like, "Whoa!"

Head on, you can only see diamond just like the martini settings. But in life, you're turning and moving and that's where you can see the pop out effect more. OK, I admit it! I was obsessed!
31.gif

crazybatcreatures2.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love the side profile, too! No drooping - the back of the basket comes out a little like a martini setting would... very smart!
30.gif

basketstudsz.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
yssie, thanks! I am like, "Ahhhhh, sweet relief!" I am so surprised because I really wanted to love the martinis on my ears. They are the number one choice among PSers and PSers know best, right? My ears are just an anomaly, I think. Too fleshy. Must stop eating french fries!
31.gif

Laila! Hey sista! That is so nice! Thanks for humoring the insane!
31.gif
I probably drove poor DH crazy. "Is it flat? Too flat?" DH: No, I like them flat. "But you can''t see them!" DH: Of COURSE you can see them. "I can''t!" Poor DH! Love him!

I want you to know... I really want these. Like REALLY want these.

I'm sorry, where did you say you lived again?
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
2.gif

Seriously though, they are stunning on you.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
GAH!! See, this is why I am having a hard time deciding on settings!!

Now, I'm also debating whether or not I should take the bigger stones and give the smaller ones to my daughter. Haha
31.gif

They turned out beauuuuuuuuuutiful!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh yeah, I saw the thread where you put your earrings on the magazine photos...too funny.
41.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2009 5:10:20 PM
Author: Bliss
YAY! RESET!!!!
36.gif

Four prong platinum Vatche basket settings.
36.gif

Sorry about the super gross ew-tastic ear pics.
Congrats, dear Bliss!!
36.gif

They look very nice indeed and they *do* pop out, def more definition than the martini's. You were right, but of course!
1.gif

I love this pic! Lovely well defined arrows.
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I''ve been meaning to say: you have really lovely hair, rich thick dark and luxurious. I''m so jealous!
1.gif

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
oh, WOW !!! The new setting is exquisite and the earrings look absolutely perfect on your ears !!! I also agree with Pheonix, you have great hair.

PS: I so look forward to opening any thread started by you or Phoenix because you both have such gorgeous collections ! Thank you to both of you for my viewing pleasure
30.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - I really, really love the new settings!! I hadn''t thought much about how a basket setting can make the diamond "pop", but after looking at your other thread with celeb photos and now these new settings, I think I may just go for baskets on my next pair of studs. I, too, like that "pop"! Congratulations! They look stunning on you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results