shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade time - Help? :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks,

I just sold my mined round diamond solitaire and want to replace it with the same thing or slightly bigger in lab (1.3 or bigger, heh). I am watching in awe as @Kim N and @DejaWiz are finding beauties on Ritani's website. How do you do it? Seriously, my eyes are crossing.

My budget is under 1,000. Not color sensitive since it is going into 18k yellow gold. I Saying that, would prefer to shy away from the blue tints. I don't mind shopping myself, just not sure how you all are filtering for your winners. Oh, and I love fire.

Thanks in advance if you have time to help or have suggestions.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some options for you!

This one is HPHT.

This will likely be pretty fiery, but I'd want to see an ASET image to confirm no leakage.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is beautifully cut, but has a fair number of striations and shows the typical CVD brown tint.

Kim, are you picking up the striations within the reflections as the diamond turns?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I really like the H&A on top, so pretty!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, MMtwo!
Found a couple more for you to take a look along with all the great recommendations that Kim N provided.

The 1.51 GCAL is one that was on my list, so I won't repost it.

This one may be worth a closer look, if you're OK with a very light pink hue from the side profile to gain quite a bit of spread:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz I like that 1.52 very much.

Also looking hard at the 1.51. I see what looks like a mist in the arrows. Is that just reflections or light leaking? I am not particularly good at this.

this.jpg

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You guys posted a diamond on someone else's search I like a lot, but I am not sure about protocol. A 1.33 H&A.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz I like that 1.52 very much.

Also looking hard at the 1.51. I see what looks like a mist in the arrows. Is that just reflections or light leaking? I am not particularly good at this.

this.jpg

It's reflection from the environment during the photo shoot.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys posted a diamond on someone else's search I like a lot, but I am not sure about protocol. A 1.33 H&A.

I love that one too. Since it has been a few days and the other buyer(s) have not purchased or put it on hold, I think it's up for grabs at this point.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

LG...2657?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t mean to barge in, but I wrote to you about something on your sold LT posting @MMtwo, whenever you have a second.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are a bit more but still under $1100, but they get you to 2ct.

I'd want to see an ASET image for this one, but check out the tiny table and perfect proportions.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It was amazing as I went back to the earlier posts on this thread and how many were already snatched.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results