shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade from .5 to 1 carat

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it, the size is perfect, and the rose gold is beautiful on you. Enjoy the wedding countdown!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding weekend tips!

1) Have a welcome party if you can, that way you can spend more time with everyone
2) Budget enough time to get ready on your wedding day, so you aren't rushed
3) Have a trusted friend or family member oversee set-up day of, put vendor cash tips in marked envelopes and have a friend help distribute them at the end of the night so you don't have to worry about it
4) Bring comfy shoes that are the same height as your fancy shoes for dancing
5) Take a few moments to step back, enjoy the moment, and let it sink in
6) Don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy every minute of your wedding!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding weekend tips!

1) Have a welcome party if you can, that way you can spend more time with everyone
2) Budget enough time to get ready on your wedding day, so you aren't rushed
3) Have a trusted friend or family member oversee set-up day of, put vendor cash tips in marked envelopes and have a friend help distribute them at the end of the night so you don't have to worry about it
4) Bring comfy shoes that are the same height as your fancy shoes for dancing
5) Take a few moments to step back, enjoy the moment, and let it sink in
6) Don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy every minute of your wedding!

Thank you so much! We have a coordinater who is making sure we have plenty of buffer in the timeline and will handle everything the day of, she's amazing.

We are doing a welcome party the night before, but everyone who sees it on the website is shocked and asks incredulously if we are inviting everyone?? Yes we want to see everyone! Yes we know it will cost more money! Let us have the wedding we want and stop judging!

Honestly planning a wedding has been tough with all the opinions flying at you but it's quickly turned me from someone who was extremely sensitive to people's opinions, to realizing IDGAF what you think, I'm going to do what I wanna do thanks! Lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@DoeEyes Lightbox came out with the one carat non pierced necklace. I don’t think you want to go that route now that you purchased the .88...but just to let you know..It’s already sold out...of course..

banjodeb

Rough_Rock
I am a lurker here mostly. I managed to snag a 1 carat white necklace before it sold out. I ordered the pink 1 carat a few weeks ago but returned it because it was too dark of a pink for me. I will let you know what I think when I receive the white 1 carat pendant. I have always wanted a 1 carat diamond. I have a couple of 1 carat moissanite stones but they get that yucky oil slick stain on them.

DoeEyes .88 carat is beautiful. I love how white it is - it glows. I hope my necklace looks as good as her diamond does.

Last edited:

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@DoeEyes Lightbox came out with the one carat non pierced necklace. I don’t think you want to go that route now that you purchased the .88...but just to let you know..It’s already sold out...of course..

I saw! Definitely a little annoyed that if I had waited longer I could have had the full carat, but only because then I could say "it's a carat" instead of "it's just under a carat." Truly though, no one ever asks how big it is so it's NBD.

I wouldn't consider getting it now, I can't return the .88, I'm already in the hole for the first $800 ring that's sitting in a box now, and the difference between .88 and 1 carat wouldn't be worth another $1000 for me. Maybe if they keep this up, I'll be upgrading to a Lightbox 2.5 carat for my 5 year anniversary. For now I am still loving my .88 and very happy with it.

I am a lurker here mostly. I managed to snag a 1 carat white necklace before it sold out. I ordered the pink 1 carat a few weeks ago but returned it because it was too dark of a pink for me. I will let you know what I think when I receive the white 1 carat pendant. I have always wanted a 1 carat diamond. I have a couple of 1 carat moissanite stones but they get that yucky oil slick stain on them.

DoeEyes .88 carat is beautiful. I love how white it is - it glows. I hope my necklace looks as good as her diamond does.

Thank you! I'm thrilled with it and I'm sure you will be too. They are very good quality diamonds and obviously, the price can't be beat. Took this video last night. Not even freshly cleaned, and sparkle city.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw! Definitely a little annoyed that if I had waited longer I could have had the full carat, but only because then I could say "it's a carat" instead of "it's just under a carat." Truly though, no one ever asks how big it is so it's NBD.

I wouldn't consider getting it now, I can't return the .88, I'm already in the hole for the first $800 ring that's sitting in a box now, and the difference between .88 and 1 carat wouldn't be worth another $1000 for me. Maybe if they keep this up, I'll be upgrading to a Lightbox 2.5 carat for my 5 year anniversary. For now I am still loving my .88 and very happy with it.

Thank you! I'm thrilled with it and I'm sure you will be too. They are very good quality diamonds and obviously, the price can't be beat. Took this video last night. Not even freshly cleaned, and sparkle city.

@DoeEyes Wow! It’s so sparkly! I agree there’s not much difference between the .88 and 1 carat to justify spending more. I‘m so happy you love it! I hope you will post photos after your wedding in May!

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock

It looks gorgeous!

banjodeb

Rough_Rock
I received my 1 carat today but decided to send it back. The sparkle was great but the color was too dark for me. I want something whiter. Oh, well, back to the drawing board. I could also see the Lightbox logo quite easily on the table.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I received my 1 carat today but decided to send it back. The sparkle was great but the color was too dark for me. I want something whiter. Oh, well, back to the drawing board. I could also see the Lightbox logo quite easily on the table.

@banjodeb Thats a shame you didn’t like it..but it’s great that you can return it. There was a card in the box that showed the color range of GHIJ...Mine is really white...That’s so strange you can see the logo too...I used my Bausch and Lomb 14x loupe and didn’t see it at all...

Last edited:

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I got both in today, and now I'm having a hard time choosing. LOL. But I also can't see then engraved logo without my loupe. I did find it on both stones with a loupe.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got both in today, and now I'm having a hard time choosing. LOL. But I also can't see then engraved logo without my loupe. I did find it on both stones with a loupe.

Yay! Please take some photos! Do you like it? What magnification do you have on your loupe @Miss_LK?
I just went back to give a harder look..and I still can’t see it under the table...:think:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DoeEyes Forgive me if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but can you tell me the mm measurement of your stone? Thanks so much! And congrats on creating such a gorgeous ring!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@DoeEyes Forgive me if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but can you tell me the mm measurement of your stone? Thanks so much! And congrats on creating such a gorgeous ring!

I used callipers on it while it was still in the necklace setting and it said 5.93mm which is estimated to be about 0.75ct based on a Google, and it's supposed to be 7/8 or 0.875ct. They do allow a margin of error but for 0.875 it shouldn't be any less than 0.8 based on their chart.

When I had it reset I forgot to ask the jeweler to weigh it after taking it out of the necklace and she had already set it into the ring when I remembered to ask. I could have it removed and weighed, but at this point it doesn't really matter to me and I don't want to mess with the prongs. If lightbox cheated me and gave me a smaller stone that it was supposed to be, it's probably too late now anyway since I bought it last fall and have already reset it. And ultimately I'm happy with how it looks and not concerned about the value.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used callipers on it while it was still in the necklace setting and it said 5.93mm which is estimated to be about 0.75ct based on a Google, and it's supposed to be 7/8 or 0.875ct. They do allow a margin of error but for 0.875 it shouldn't be any less than 0.8 based on their chart.

When I had it reset I forgot to ask the jeweler to weigh it after taking it out of the necklace and she had already set it into the ring when I remembered to ask. I could have it removed and weighed, but at this point it doesn't really matter to me and I don't want to mess with the prongs. If lightbox cheated me and gave me a smaller stone that it was supposed to be, it's probably too late now anyway since I bought it last fall and have already reset it. And ultimately I'm happy with how it looks and not concerned about the value.

So helpful!! I have a mount that takes a 6mm stone so this info is extremely useful. Thank you! And your ring looks incredible on you!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
This pic popped up today, 2 years ago I was printing and cutting out different sizes of diamonds and trying to decide what I wanted lol. That's a 0.5, 0.75, and 1ct.

Screenshot_20200820-103142.jpg

And my lil beauty, with her future wedding band that I'm not wearing yet (covid postponed us to next summer).

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200818193607587_COVER (2).jpg

Finally happy! Unless LB comes out with a 2ct for $2k... DSS is real y'all. :lol-2:

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
glad you got what you wanted! I think its beautiful! I looked for a 1 ct stone to put in a solitaire setting recently too. O originally wanted the full ct but settled on a 0.86 ct RB lab created stone for the same reasons you did. It faces up very near the 1 ct too. I get it this coming week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results