shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade from 1.52 to 2.03..yay!! but.....worried about SI1 clarity!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
J-Flo...where is your inclusion located?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That's for me to know and you to find out.
naughty.gif
11.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i wish someone would tell ME how to post a link. i feel like such a novice pasting long web addresses in my posts.
sad.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
reena, I just PM'd you...hopefully the blind leading the blind will be successful in this case.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Harharhar. Is it directly under the table and in the center of the stone???

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
NO.

3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, the superbcert's inclusion IS!!!
9.gif
So you can't compare!!!!
But your stone is beautious dahlink!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
LOL.
wink2.gif

Edited: Seriously, I was trying to show slammie what a SI2 looks like under 15X (10X loupe positioned thoough a 5X magnifying glass in macro) scrutiny. Thought it might be of comparative value in terms of looking at different types of inclusions.

Interestingly enough, Garry has said (in an old post) he prefers an inclusion high in the table vs. one in the crown on SIs. More food for thought.
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Interesting!!! That does make sense b/c I bet you really wouldn't see it through the pavillion and it wouldn't be 'sloppy'.... So where is MY si1 or si2 with an inclusion high in the ta, table off to the side? I want one.
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
THANKS jflo. (i like that nickname MMM) i'm going to experiment with it in a minute.

is the inclusion that teeeeeeny white line about 3/4 of the way to the edge of the stone at 10:00? i thought that was just a reflection but it's my best guess--the darn thing looks perfect.

reena

Ideal_Rock
like THIS???

Edited to add: YAY!!!! thanks jflo!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, reena, on the link! isn't it cool?
10.gif

Sorry--no, there is no inclusion at 10 o'clock. The ring is positioned in the same way in all those photos too, so there is no "trickery" involved. But you sure made me feel good.
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, Hey Jen or Reena, can one of you send me a PM on how to do that linky thing?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK- is it just me or is that link Reena posted a link for boob jobs!! LOL

OK- There's no way to find the sucker. I sure as heck don't see it. My only guess would be at 3:00?

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, whoops--i wanted to practice posting links but i didn't have anything in particular to link to . . . so i just went with the first website on my internet explorer "favorites".
rodent.gif
rodent.gif
rodent.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thinking about "upgrading"? LOL

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/25/2004 10:43:46 PM Patty wrote:

Yup. And once you hit 40, ALL diamonds are eye-clean.----------------

ROFLMHO!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

That is SOOOOO funny! And you know... there have actually been times when I have looked at my diamond and thought, "Hey, buddy, what's with you??! Let's see some SPARKLE!"
nono.gif
And then I put on my reading glasses, and go, "OH! You ARE sparkling!!!!"
rolleyes.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
No--nothing at 3 o'clock either.
9.gif

reena--interesting, very interesting
naughty.gif

noobie--I'll send you the directions.
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You tease! Let me ask you this....if you look at it face up....knowing where it is....you can't see it, right? Well, how the hell are we supposed to LOL....
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/26/2004 4:37:30 PM reena wrote:

oh, whoops--i wanted to practice posting links but i didn't have anything in particular to link to . . . so i just went with the first website on my internet explorer 'favorites'.
rodent.gif
rodent.gif
rodent.gif
----------------

Whoops my a**!!! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ROFL

Rodent Man to the rescueeeeee

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/26/2004 6:51:35 PM moremoremore wrote:

You tease! Let me ask you this....if you look at it face up....knowing where it is....you can't see it, right? Well, how the hell are we supposed to LOL....
1.gif
----------------

I dunno.
loopy.gif
wacko.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Reena...LOL!! you are too funny
21.gif

Jennifer, thanks for the example but I can't see it..can you indulge?

reena

Ideal_Rock
why yes, i have been thinking about upgrading my half carats to three carats.
naughty.gif
6.gif
naughty.gif
6.gif
just kidding of course (kind of
Up_to_something.gif
), although i AM moving to so cal, and we all know that the only things bigger than the diamonds in so cal are the b
6.gif
6.gif
bs.

lol, this whole discussion has got me wondering whether maybe there is some parallel pricescope website out there for people in the market for THAT kind of upgrade . . . you know, a place to chat about who's used which surgeon and to answer such pressing questions as "how big is too big" or "help a newbie decide: silicone or saline?". lol. maybe they even have similar names for their message boards--like "Titty Chitty", "B
6.gif
6.gif
b Hangout (no pun intended)" and of course, the most fun of all, SHOW ME THE RACK!
naughty.gif
("trust me, guys, the pictures just don't do them justice!")

reena

Ideal_Rock
hmmm, upon further reflection i hope i don't get in trouble for that! i was just on a plane for four hours and i'm a little giddy.
wacko.gif
oh well, i'm going to argue that i have a valid defense because i didn't actually spell out the word b
6.gif
6.gif
b.

but i suppose my use of the word "
wavey.gif
i
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
y" might be tougher to explain. /idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
"Show Me The Rack" LOLOLOL!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo...to get back on topic, I will chime in with my two cents on SI stones and inclusions. It's harder to find larger SI stones with inclusions you can't see but it can be done. Jennifer's stone is a good example, and I have also seen others. It will sound amazing but at times the sparkle in the table and all the other things going on inside there can actually really help to mask the inclusion. Look for white, wispy inclusions rather than dark carbon...the white/wispy are harder to see and easier to hide.

Keep in mind also that those pictures are at huge magnification, so it looks monstrous but in reality it will probably not even visible with your naked eye. Did you ask Barry about the inclusions? Can he see them? Does he think it's eye clean for a normal eye? If you trust your vendor, which in this case it sounds as if you do, then I would really grill them as to how this diamond looks and if they think you will be happy with it. When I purchased my SI (went from a VS), I was apprehensive as well but I trusted my vendor's eyes and I was thrilled with the result. When I upgrade later, I will definitely be going SI all the way, SI2 if I can swing it and find the stone I want.

Bottom line, there are some great SI stones out there, if you do your homework. Also the return policy from SC will cover you if it turns out you have Superman eyes and can spot it a mile away...but what is to lose by trying?

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mara for your 2cents....unfortunately I gave run into a glitch and I'm going to give the party the opportunity to resolve this before I comment here...
angryfire.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/27/2004 12:39:45 AM reena wrote:

lol, this whole discussion has got me wondering whether maybe there is some parallel pricescope website out there for people in the market for THAT kind of upgrade . . . you know, a place to chat about who's used which surgeon and to answer such pressing questions as 'how big is too big' or 'help a newbie decide: silicone or saline?'. lol. maybe they even have similar names for their message boards--like 'Titty Chitty', 'B
6.gif
6.gif
b Hangout (no pun intended)' and of course, the most fun of all, SHOW ME THE RACK!
naughty.gif
('trust me, guys, the pictures just don't do them justice!')
----------------

I bet they also discuss shrinkage over there
11.gif

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/27/2004 6:30:56 PM quaeritur wrote:

----------------
On 9/27/2004 12:39:45 AM reena wrote:

lol, this whole discussion has got me wondering whether maybe there is some parallel pricescope website out there for people in the market for THAT kind of upgrade . . . you know, a place to chat about who's used which surgeon and to answer such pressing questions as 'how big is too big' or 'help a newbie decide: silicone or saline?'. lol. maybe they even have similar names for their message boards--like 'Titty Chitty', 'B
6.gif
6.gif
b Hangout (no pun intended)' and of course, the most fun of all, SHOW ME THE RACK!
naughty.gif
('trust me, guys, the pictures just don't do them justice!')
----------------

I bet they also discuss shrinkage over there
11.gif
----------------

OK, if there is a boob site, let us know.

For this topic.

MORE INCLUSIONS ARE BETTER, A DOZEN INCLUSIONS ARE BETTER THAN TWO!!!

An SI can have VS sized inclusions that are tiny pin points that are invisible, but just have too many of them to clock in at VS. A dozen invisible spots are better than one nasty black dot on the table.

I know, i know. Sometimes you can get a totally clean SI with a nasty black or feather on the girdle and you can 'prong over it'. If not, go with the tiny almost invisible dots over the fewer big ones. My opinion.

reena

Ideal_Rock
----------------
OK, if there is a boob site, let us know.
----------------

awwww, lighten up!
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results