shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade by JbG and Erika Winters

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I had the perfect diamond and setting. Except I had moved from a halo to a solitaire. Don't get me wrong I love the look of a solitaire I just didn't have one that was a big enough diamond to compensate for that real estate coverage you get with a halo. :-o Grace told me this when I bought it but what does she know? :cheeky: (more than I do).

In January '15 I met ROL in Miami to cruise the Antique Jewelry Show. On this trip Grace found this beauty for her. http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-56ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vvs2-916#.VwO7fXr3aK0
I had the misfortune of trying it on first in the diamond holder. That was it, I'd been bitten by the bug. It was so stunning.

Flash forward to this year's Miami Antique Show. I had talked DH into going. With my diagnosis/surgeries last year we hadn't celebrated our birthdays, our engagement-versary or New Years and we were due! We arrived just in time to visit with Grace in the afternoon before she took the red eye home after a week of diamond shopping. (I want her life). She introduced me to this little pretty.
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-69ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.VwO8UXr3aK0

DH and I studied it and I handed her my BGB 2.0 ct set in the very beautiful Victor Canera Evelyn for her return home asking her to list it and to start the ball rolling on my upgrade. To my surprise a very busy JbG Instagram account meant there would be a flurry of inquires. :appl: we are still working out the final details but she listed it in the February Jewel Journal and it sold by 4/4. This was a nice surprise. :appl:

Today my upgraded arrived in the Erika Winters' Laurel. This was not an easy choice. I picked it for two reasons. One, I still wanted the look of a solitaire. Two, I'm a flush fit girl. I love, love, love the Margot but I like my bands to sit flush. Owning two EW bands I really wanted one of her settings. I'm also a matchy matchy girl. (Borderline OCD). I love the finishes and the details. Actually, I love everything about her designs.

This diamond is so white it glows. It's so hard to get the true glow in pictures. Anyone thinking a J OEC is warm... Think again. My pictures are never great and these don't come close to matching the beauty. I will try this weekend with the nice camera to get better pictures.

Now sharing pictures of my latest upgrade. :devil: Hopefully my last. (Don't quote me and don't bookmark this and remind me when I'm off on another adventure).

_2881.jpeg

_2882.jpeg

_2883.jpeg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More bad pictures.

_2884.jpeg

_36937.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!!! I was wondering what you were up to when you where selling your VC.
And what a fabulous outcome. Your diamond is so big and sparkly and the EW setting is a dream. I love the combination with the band. Ah! To be able to wear a set like this. :love: :love: :love:

Hope you have recovered from surgeries. Enjoy wearing your new ring.
Pleasssse post a lot more pics

Q

Queenie60

Mayk - absolutely gorgeous ring! Congratulations. You deserve it after all that you have been through. Enjoy it for many years in good health. Sending blessings your way.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I'm in love with the bands as well! Congrats on your new upgrade!! NEED. MORE. PICS. ...much more. :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOw!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

You always have the prettiest rings!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely new upgrade, especially in the EW setting! Hope you continue to enjoy wearing it for many years to come! :appl:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More! :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, It's Gorgeous :love: The setting is beautiful and it pairs perfectly with your bands :appl: Enjoy!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful Mayk! I would love a close up!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you say "meant to be?" :appl: I'm so jealous but really happy for you! :mrgreen:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congrats on your old ring selling, and the new upgrade is gorgeous! :love: :appl: Choosing the Laurel was perfect to go with your pretty bands! Now we need some close up shots including the profile!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: It looks lovely with your bands too! :appl: Perfect set! Congratulations! :clap:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is amazing. I love the bands together. It's a perfect set.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!!! Love the story and it feels so meant to be!! It looks beautiful on you!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That looks spectacular!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh it is beautiful! The bands, everything, congratulations! :love: :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a couple better shots.. thanks to DH..

img_11336.jpg

img_11337.jpg

img_11338.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring and set is perfection, Mayk. I can't stop looking at your pictures. Just gorgeous.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the very nice comments. :love: {{((hugs))}}

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I adore it! So lovely - congrats on your upgrade. :love: Also, you have perfect hands!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh MYYYY!!!! its stunning, MayK! I love the size on your hand the way it works (obviously!) so perfectly w the EW bands you have - fantastic selections and what great luck you had with all the pieces falling into place!!

Can't wait for the 'big girl camera' to come out and play, so we can get even MORE pics to drool over :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is such a beautiful stone and ring.. congratulations!!

:love: :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and elegant - congrats on your new ring!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Boy I loved your VC ring, but this one is more amazing! Enjoy that beauty!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade, MayK. I can't believe it doesn't have fluor, it's so white!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Canoli! I love her so, so much ! The EW set is just simply, stunning !

I can't wait to see you again, dear friend and I am glad I could be a part of this upgrade in that small way.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Soooo Gorgeous!!! :appl: Fabulous upgrade Mayk, what a rock! :dance: Beautiful stone and amazing finger coverage, and I adore that setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results