carat
color
clarity

Updating Dated Marquise Engagement Ring

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a note:

There are a few ways to do five-stones with trapezoids: the second pair of stones might be traps, squares, rectangles, bullets etc. - step cuts by any other name ! The two pairs may be produced together, or combined from different sources: I imagine that either way they can fit very well. I know that AOP does many five-stones with such sides; the other makers - I simply do not know their style & stock as well. Take a look if you wish.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I asked to see if he could make the band appear more like this since I really like the floating appearance of the side stones and how the band curves when it meets the baguettes.

IMG_0992.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have requested the stone be sent to GIA since David Klass graded the stone after removing it from the setting which is quite a bit of a different from the appraisal report :eek2:. I will also be getting it inscribed to help insure a little protection on it. My husband might not agree with having it graded but after seeing such a large disparity between the gemologist and the jeweler I think an official report is needed.

Appraisal (in setting)
Size: 4.45
Color: O-P
Cut: Brilliant
Clarity: VS2

David Klass (out of setting)
Size: 4.68
Color: Q-R
Cut: ?
Clarity: SI1

Did you get the GIA report yet?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look great together! Color and shape are wonderful combination.

What color metal is your other jewellery? I think the stones would look really nice in a warmer metal unless you really want to highlight the color like the M/N below.

M/N OEC
upload_2017-9-30_12-52-38.jpeg

This is a K in a rose gold. I really like the warmth together. LoveAffairdiamond
upload_2017-9-30_12-58-45.png

You can always mix metals to let the ring go either way. LoveAffairDiamond.
upload_2017-9-30_12-59-33.png

I'm not sure if DK can get it, but you could ask about "peach" or "champagne" gold. Its basically a yellow gold with some copper added for warmth. Its a pretty good color match for old rose gold and really looks pretty with warmer diamonds.

Peach on right and rose on left. These are from an online vendor (not mine :)

upload_2017-9-30_12-49-30.jpeg

upload_2017-9-30_12-48-54.jpeg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I started a CAD thread for the design, we actually were just talking about what metal to use

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don't be sad about clarity. Like you said ou can't change it. Plus it sounds like its eye clean. On top of that, you're not planning to sell it so it is what it is. Nice to know you've got a definitive answer on the color.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[reading the report]

The thing is HUGE & with very interesting proportions !

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
[reading the report]

The thing is HUGE & with very interesting proportions !

Yeah I have absolutely zero knowledge over marquise cuts so now that I have the report I will have to do some research

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this as an example. The center stone here is just an M but thy did the two tone look with white sides. So hard to find examples like this.
https://instagram.com/p/BZuKBD7HP6X/

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is an example of what I would like to achieve, I am still waiting on the requested photos. I really wouldn’t mind J colored stones but I just wish they had been wider.

066B0943-E841-4BFF-A1C8-C57B7BD19C34.jpeg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an example of what I would like to achieve, I am still waiting on the requested photos. I really wouldn’t mind J colored stones but I just wish they had been wider.

066B0943-E841-4BFF-A1C8-C57B7BD19C34.jpeg
Gorgeous inspiration! That really helps crystallize what you are looking for.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worth the wait.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results