shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates in pics... Oval diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Today was super hot and I didn''t feel like doing anything, so I took a bunch of pictures of my oval. I''m still thinking of resetting it, but just cannot make up my mind. I *think* i''m about to settle on a lucida style mount, but I can''t decide if I want diamonds down the shank or not. and I can''t decide on the width.

Anyhow, here is the original thread w/ the specs:

Old thread

my oval diamond pic 1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
fire:

my oval diamond pic 2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
side:

my oval diamond pic 6.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
the prongs look HUGE in the pics... they''re not that big in real life!

my oval diamond pic 7.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
wrinkly hands:

my oval diamond pic 13.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Your hands aren''t wrinkly, and that is a gorgeous diamond!

*M*

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
more wrinkly hands:

my oval diamond pic 14.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
look Ma, no bowtie!

my oval diamond pic 10.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i love this shot for some reason..

my oval diamond pic 4.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, those are great pics of your oval. It''s just gorgeous!!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Poptart and Kaleigh!

It''s so difficult to photograph ovals. I can never capture the twinkles and sparkles. Out of abour 30 shots these are the only decent ones. With RBs, i get much better pictures!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful pics of your oval. And you''ve got beautiful sleek hands; NOT wrinkly.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and your hands are NOT wrinkly, they look lovely. When I take pics of my stuff with my hands in them, I am horrified at how my hands look in the photos! Blech. But your hands look lovely!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Have you considered setting it E/W in a lucida style? This would look lovely on your hand and almost cover it completely.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!
1.gif

I have considered setting it E-W. While I love it on other people, on me, it looks like someone squashed an RB and plopped it on my hand. Not very flattering.

I really love this ring (someone from dt):

rings1.gif

But I love paved diamonds on the sides too. And because of the shape of this oval, I dont think a 3-stone would look good.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your oval!!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It''s such a beautiful oval. I really like a nice oval. What is the color? It''s very pretty.

With your long tapered fingers I would not set it E-W, it is very complimentary in current orientation. I might consider side bags if you want a little more bling going E-W.

It''s very pretty!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- beautiful, nicely-shaped, sparkly oval! I have to say, too, that I actually like the way it is set now!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous oval.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is a very pretty stone. have you thought about colored half moon sides or do you want to keep it solo?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful oval. You do not have wrinkly hands.

Linda

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

If I go with diamond sidestones, I want to keep the accents simple, but still sparkly. While I love baguettes on the sides, it just doesn''t sparkle enough for me.

I kinda want the shank to taper as it moves away from the diamond, so maybe from a 4mm right at the crown to about 3mm on the sides? and I don''t want that straight, horizontal bar holding the prongs together on the sides. I want the prongs to cross at the bottom/sides of the diamond but no straight bars. is that even possible?

And if i want 4mm shanks w/ pave diamonds down the shank, would it drown the diamond? maybe only 3-3.5mm if I want to go with diamonds?

My current jeweler is out of town so I can''t ask him about the designs... gotta wait another week!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 11:33:43 PM
Author:ForteKitty
Today was super hot and I didn''t feel like doing anything, so I took a bunch of pictures of my oval. I''m still thinking of resetting it, but just cannot make up my mind. I *think* i''m about to settle on a lucida style mount, but I can''t decide if I want diamonds down the shank or not. and I can''t decide on the width.

Anyhow, here is the original thread w/ the specs:

Old thread

WHERE do YOU live???

We still have snow
28.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Los Angeles. It was 97 degrees yesterday, and 95 today.
32.gif
WAY too hot!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! it is 2 degrees (celsius) here!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Eesh! Where do you live?

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
By the way, you have really pretty hands. The ring is very pretty too. I really like the setting you have now, but if you wanted to reset it, maybe you should not do a lucida style. Going from a solitaire to another solitaire just seems a little unnecessary. You should change the style altogether if you are serious about changing the setting. I had my cathedral setting for 6 years and it was time for me to change as I have grown out of the look. I shopped around thinking that I wanted a channel set, but ended up with a micropave setting by Ritani. My stone is not set in the new setting yet, but I cannot wait. You should shop around! Good luck!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I know it seems silly to go from solitaire to solitaire, but i have several other diamonds that have diamond sidestones already, and only 2 plain solitaires. Both my solitaires taper in, so I wanted a more substantial style, and this stone would look a lot better with a thicker band, I think. Less e-ring-like. I usually wear it on my right hand.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I just love your oval! And, I am insanely in love with that Marquise of yours! Just awesome. I have never liked the way rounds diamonds look on my hand because I have small hands and short fingers. I love the way marquise and oval diamonds lengthen the hand! I think it would look awesome with diamonds down the shank. But, I am partial to settings with side diamonds. A shank in brushed white gold or platinum and random set little melee would be awesome as well! That Ebay cathedral setting is gorgeous! But, I do think a wider Lucida set is a great idea. The random set melee (Etoile) in the thick shank would be stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results