shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates in pics... Oval diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Love the etoile band. How about the Lucida style with the Etoile type band. I hope that makes sense. LOL!

12259433_HTML_MED_OVER_1.jpg

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I found this one also. It is very blingy but so different! It would be awesome with an oval!

bud.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:53:38 AM
Author: ForteKitty
Eesh! Where do you live?
about 2 hrs west of toronto.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 9:45:51 PM
I know it seems silly to go from solitaire to solitaire, but i have several other diamonds that have diamond sidestones already, and only 2 plain solitaires. Both my solitaires taper in, so I wanted a more substantial style, and this stone would look a lot better with a thicker band, I think. Less e-ring-like. I usually wear it on my right hand.
Now that makes sense. You lucky girl... you own several other diamonds, huh? Wow... Anyway, I think you''re heading in the right direction considering your circumstances. I will share a picture of my ring since lucida style you''re looking for will look more or less like my cathedral setting. Good luck ForteKitty!!!

princess in catherdral.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Kohdy, is your band brushed plat/wg? I love it!! yes, i am very lucky... i have acquired several diamonds via eBay, and I''ve been very fortunate with my purchases. This one came with this setting, and i never really wear it much because it looks so much like a dainty engagement ring. I really wanted something more substantial to wear.

Beeweaver, I have an etoile band but it''s not really growing on me, so I don''t think i''m going to go that route. but i love how it looks on other people!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 1:05:11 AM
Kohdy, is your band brushed plat/wg? I love it!! yes, i am very lucky... i have acquired several diamonds via eBay, and I''ve been very fortunate with my purchases. This one came with this setting, and i never really wear it much because it looks so much like a dainty engagement ring. I really wanted something more substantial to wear.

Beeweaver, I have an etoile band but it''s not really growing on me, so I don''t think i''m going to go that route. but i love how it looks on other people!
My band is platinum. The e-ring setting was puchased from bluenile.com: http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=2385&page=2&show_all_pages=0&col=3&row=1&pos=3&set_shape=
The wedding band was purchased from Facets. The brushed look I have unfortunately comes from wear and tear.
14.gif

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 1:05:11 AM

I do love Kohdy''s band. It looks brushed and I just love that look more and more now. It really sets off the diamond. But, if you are set on side diamonds, and I do love them, I really like the design of that Ebay setting but maybe more tapered like you suggest.

Also, have you seen this setting by Gailrmv:

Gailrmv.jpg

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Beeweaver!

Just for fun, I will attach another photo of my ring at a slightly different angle. I tried taking so many photos, but I must be doing something wrong... nothing turns out as it should. This isn''t so bad, so here it is...

princessincathedral.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results