shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! So exciting!!! YAY CHEWBACCA!

As to the ETA on my ring, it should be in approximately the next two weeks. I thought it would be done sooner, but it turns out that Jeff Cooper was closed for two weeks and not one like I originally thought. The official ETA is 7/31 but things usually show up a little sooner so I'm still crossing my fingers.

I'm so excited for you Chewbacca!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dust dust dust and fingers crossed!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca said:

I'm an engaged lady!

SO got down on one knee in our living room on Saturday! We told our parents on Sunday night. I'll start my own thread ASAP!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OHMYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wahoo!!!!! Congrats Chewie!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wahooooooooo congrats love!!!!!!! All the best to you :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif
congrats.gif

YAY!!!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
ASAP is not soon enough!!!!

Congrats! We need the full story AND pics of the ring of course!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Woohoo! :appl: I can't wait for all the details (and pictures of course)!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! I am so happy and excited for you Chewy. Come share your story and pics ASAP! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Such a bad Chewie not bringing pictures to the party!! Congrats sweet!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics and the proposal story!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
so glad I checked in and read this update!! Congrats Chewy!!! So happy for you!!!! :appl: :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*crickets*. please talk to me peeepolez!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1374626918|3488844 said:
hi. :))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1374631162|3488901 said:

herrrrrroooooo! anything new with you?

jennredsox

Rough_Rock
Congrats Chewie!!! :appl: :appl: Can't wait to see photos and hear the details!

SO and I just planned a mini holiday away. We'll be driving up to Byron Bay (about 9hrs north of Sydney). It's the Eastern most part of Australia and it is just gorgeous! We're staying in a small boutique hotel and we have our own little villa for 4 nights. The resort has got a mineral pool and we have our own private full outdoor Balinese bathroom. It looks very posh! :love:

I've hinted (not very subtle) that it would be the perfect place to propose ;-) Watch this space!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Jennredsox- That sounds like so much fun! When do you leave? Do you think SO understands the hints... you know how boys are. :nono:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1374632101|3488912 said:
lin_ny|1374631162|3488901 said:

herrrrrroooooo! anything new with you?
noooope. my life is pretty boring. lately I've been pretty bummed about too much work and not enough summer vacation or fun :(

how bout you? any vacation plans??

jennredsox

Rough_Rock
Antique, we leave in about 2 weeks. I can't wait! I hope SO can take the hint. It would be the perfect place to propose---

I know the ring is in the house somewhere, and I'm trying not to go crazy thinking about it. But watch him do it on a random night when I come home all gross and sweaty from the gym.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you, Jenn!

Frankly, at this point he could wake me up from a dead sleep and propose and I would be estatic. Bring on the sweaty gym clothes proposal. Hehehe!

We talked about eloping to Vegas again last night and made it clear that we would not be discussing that until there was a sparkly on my finger. Although I did find an amazing photographer for half the photography budget yesterday. I am refraining from emailing her.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1374848822|3490758 said:
I am so excited for you, Jenn!

Frankly, at this point he could wake me up from a dead sleep and propose and I would be estatic. Bring on the sweaty gym clothes proposal. Hehehe!

We talked about eloping to Vegas again last night and made it clear that we would not be discussing that until there was a sparkly on my finger. Although I did find an amazing photographer for half the photography budget yesterday. I am refraining from emailing her.

Your restraint is admirable. Good for you.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha. You are so sweet nowicanseethemoon. Maybe you havent seen my posts about how I search for the ring and try it on when he's not home? lol :naughty:

But yes, I want to save the fun of planning for when I dont have to start my email to vendors... "Well I dont have a date... or a ring.. but..." JK

How are you doing? Have you and your SO had any good talks about rings lately? Were you able to bring it up? :bigsmile:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1374861701|3490903 said:
Hahaha. You are so sweet nowicanseethemoon. Maybe you havent seen my posts about how I search for the ring and try it on when he's not home? lol :naughty:

But yes, I want to save the fun of planning for when I dont have to start my email to vendors... "Well I dont have a date... or a ring.. but..." JK

How are you doing? Have you and your SO had any good talks about rings lately? Were you able to bring it up? :bigsmile:

If there was a ring in this house and I knew it was here, it would NOT be safe from me... And I'd be really glad we have a small house. :devil:

The SO and I have had a couple of good talks about marriage and the ring. I showed him the Julia from JbEG and a diamond I found (an OMC) that I really like. He told me to put it in an email with links for him, but then he said that picking it out (when he's ready) is the fun for him. I'm honestly (and maybe this makes me a brat) not excited about him just picking it out. He's not the bargain hunter I am, nor does he like to research jewelry like I do. Now, if he's researching a shotgun, he is all over that. Jewelry and diamonds, not so much. He still has his ex-wife's ring (and he says he's not sold it because he doesn't want to take a bath on it - I really don't believe he's hung up on her - in fact, I'm positive), and I mentioned that he might talk to Erica about consigning it, or that we could list in on LT, which would give him a little money and also get the sucker out of the freaking safe. So, he's thinking about that too.

After the last few talks, I think the issue is more his fear of marriage than the ring buying experience. The problem is that we've been together 2 1/2 years and while we're both divorced, marriage is very important to me. He says he wants us to be together forever and he can't imagine life without me, but the marriage thing scares him. So I don't know where we go from here. I don't think I can compromise and just live together. It matters too much to me. We're still talking and have opened up some good communication on the topic, so I consider that progress. He doesn't get that weird look on his face when I mention marriage, which I consider a bonus. So while I have no clear answer or direction, the talks have been progress and we're getting there. Let's hope. :rolleyes:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like the talks have been productive. At least all the communication is open. Glad to hear that! Does he give you an idea of when he might be ready to get married again? Do either of you have any children?

Just curious. Not trying ot be nosey so feel free to ignore me.

The very first fight SO and I ever had was about 10 months along in our relationship and I mentioned marriage. He said that wasnt really a possibility for him because he didnt believe in it so I would just need to be content with our relationship. I was so upset about it, in fact, we almost broke up. I hung on because I loved him so much and not 3 months later he came to me and apologized and told me that he never believed in marriage becasue he never had a relationship worth taking to that next step. It was very sweet... and a little cliche but exactly what I wanted to hear. It meant a lot because I knew I wasnt forcing him to do anything or giving him an ultimatum and he had decided on his own terms it was something that he wanted.

I guess my advice would be to allow him some time. He knows that it's something that you want. Give him a couple months to think about it and mention it again when it feels right.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
No kids for either of us (and I never thought you were being nosey). And I think that's a blessing at this point. He isn't sure he wants kids, and I'm not sure either, so there's no pressure to figure it out for the ol' biological clock. I feel good about the conversations and keep telling myself that he heard me and he's very conscientious. He always listens carefully to what I say and does what he can to do what I tell him I need (not marriage specifically, just in daily life stuff). Patience is something I struggle with, so that's for me to work on. So, I guess I'll keep living vicariously through you all and we'll see where we are in a few months.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
You are very calm and level-headed. I could learn something from you. I admire it greatly. :bigsmile:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1375124168|3492573 said:
You are very calm and level-headed. I could learn something from you. I admire it greatly. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Not so much... But I'm trying to be. This is important, and like you, I love my guy so much that I really can't help but believe everything is going to work out.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Sad update over here...

My sweet Bella crossed the rainbow bridge last Friday at 3:50pm after a 6 month battle with osteosarcoma (primary bone cancer - extremely aggressive - no cure). She was just shy of 8 1/2 years young. She lived twice the amount of time that the vet gave her. My girl is a fighter, but we had to let her rest in peace with some dignity and not keep her around for us. ;( Our two year anniversary was Sunday and it was a very somber day. On top of this, i am really sick with a pretty nasty upper respiratory infection - so this weekend has prob been the worst weekend of my LIFE. And yes, i mean life. My 4 legger in a fur coat was my world.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1374926831.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results