carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy...

;(
I'm so very sorry. Losing a loved one is never easy, even when you're doing the best you can by them.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
LLC, So sorry to hear about your precious pup. She was beautiful! Thinking of you. Big hugs! ;(

Sorry to hear you are ill on top of all that. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear LoveLikeCrazy, RIP.

Chewy...congratulations, woohoo!

As for me, still waiting. I thought it might be during a Santa Barbara trip a month ago with another couple. Then I went to a Bruno Mars concert with girlfriends and thought, what if he surprised me on stage during Marry You (which would be too public for him anyway). So still waiting, I don't pressure him and easy going but I get my moments :razz: Europe in October, but I don't want to wear anything valuable on vacation anyway.... I'm hoping by the end of the year?

Aaand still keeping my nails long and manicured alll the time...hehe

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god... so sorry to hear about your pup! I am getting teary eyed over hear after reading what happened and seeing your puppy. :(( Hugs!! And thinking of you.

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry about your dog, we had our Border Collie put to sleep 07/06 and it was heart breaking. Wishing you all the best love.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
So much love to you LLC!!!! I know how much you loved dear Bella. May she be running around with more stuffed animals than she can imagine up in doggy heaven.

I suppose I am truly a LIW now...I had my first engagement dream (or perhaps nightmare) last night. I had gotten home from work and DBF had gotten dinner ready then when I went to change out of work clothes, he comes in and gets down on one knee and says nice things and I'm all excited. I don't even look at the ring til a few minutes later then realize it's a bow ring with little pavé diamonds and not Giselle (my ring) so I ask him where my ring is and he said someone stole it which then I'm all upset and ask when, how, did he have it insured yet or did he report it to the police. Then he got upset that I alway ruin surprises and mutters something about how he was going to give it to me in a week (so on my birthday). So we didn't tell anyone yet except I did come on here and tell all you ladies haha and then I woke up :(sad :knockout: :errrr:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LoveLikeCrazy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Bella was darling.

*big internet hugs to you*

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Sorry i kinda stalled the thread...

PB, any new nightmares recently??

Jumpin_Jacks,at least your fingers will be ready at any moment!

any new updates???

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
You didn't stall the thread, I'm an awful lurker and you've been able to hear crickets for a few days!
OH and I had a chat about wedding bands today and it was the same story as always- he knows what he wants for a wedding band, but when I mentioned what I liked it was topic changing time!
I think I'm really fed up with the fact that I get absolutely no say in when we get engaged/married. It's the same for everything we do, he is much better off financially than me, especially since his dad died. So everything has been decided by him- if we can go on holiday, when we moved in together, when we buy a house, when we get engaged.
And I realise I don't really have a place to complain but it's like we don't even have a future. I don't mean we're breaking up or anything,but it feels like we've completely stagnated and we're just going along this same path and will do for the foreseeable future and I can't bear it.
Okay I'm rambling. Sorry! I don't have anyone else to talk to about this, my mum is fantastic but she and dad were married at 21 and just celebrated 42 years, so she doesn't really understand.

If anyone is in the mood for a read I'm going to keep rambling.
When I was turning 21 OH and I had been together 3ish years? And somehow some close family friends managed to get the stupid idea in my head that he was going to propose. And we all went out for dinner at this really posh hotel and he gave me my presents, one box was bigger, but all the others were ring box sized. And he pulled one of the boxes aside and said 'open this one last'.
I opened the big one first and it was a Pandora bracelet (ungrateful time: I really don't like Pandora, at all.) And I was kinda disappointed, and then I got to the ring box sized boxes and each one was a Pandora charm (each uglier than the next, yes I really am an ungrateful little swine you don't have to tell me.)
And I got to this last box and even though I knew what was coming for some reason I let myself have a little hope and I opened the box and it was another bl**dy Pandora charm. And my heart just sank, completely. And ever since every time we've had another anniversary or birthday or gone anywhere nice I've gotten my hopes up (even though I've tried not to) and just been so disappointed and upset. I'm at the point where I know we're not getting engaged, therefore not getting married for years yet due to circumstances in our lives and everyone around us is getting married and planning for the future and we're...not. And it leaves me with awful feeling inside that has really started to effect me the last few weeks.

Any who! That's probably enough over-share right? And more than enough reading?

TL;DR Nope, no updates from me!

ndc923

Rough_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy I'm so sorry for your loss! I know the loss of a "pet" ( don't really fancy that term. To me family member, best friend, companion come to mind first) is so very hard :( just keep all the wonderful memories you have close to your heart. I went through this as well, and even though it's one of the hardest decisions I'm sure you ever had or will have to make, you made the right one, and you should be proud of yourself for being able to put Bella's well-being before anything else. Bella is your angel now! :halo:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
My birthday was yesterday (quarter of a century...man that's weird) and nothing! Although he did try to bring me flowers at work but he came by the drive through and obviously the bouquet wouldn't fit hahaha. So at least that made the last hour of work a little better. We are going back to my hometown this weekend though to celebrate...probably a movie on Friday night, then he suggested that we get a couples massage on Saturday! And then going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant Sat night :) no hopes that it'll happen while we're out and about though since he's not big on PDA and I'm not sure I would want all that attention on me in the middle of a bunch of strangers either haha. It'll be nice to get away though regardless!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
PB, dust to you!!!! it could happen before, or after...doesn't have to happen at dinner! :naughty:

Stephny691, that's really rough. :(( I had a friend who had been dating a guy for 5 years, HS sweethearts - and everyone kept telling her he was going to propose - and no matter how hard she tried to ignore it, she was let down everytime it didn't happen and it made her more and more resentful towards him, even though it was EVERYONE else's fault for putting the thought into her head. I am sorry you feel like you have no say in anything. I think that as we get older, we kinda do have a "say". It's not like we can pick exactly when we get engaged, but discussions of rough timelines and such can lead the way to what you both want. Maybe you can have a discussion about where he sees himself in 3 years? Or something like that? Maybe approaching it that way, instead of straight to wedding bands will help you see what he sees in the future. Either way, i'm sorry you are feeling stagnant. it's an awful feeling. :((

NDC, thank you so much for your condolences. I am awaiting Bella's ashes, they should be arriving tomorrow via FedEx. I am tracking them incessantly. Right now shes over in NC! I live in an apartment complex, and packages from fedex, ups go directly to the office. I have already called them and alerted them how precious the goods are. SO and I have cleaned off a nice place in our living room on the hutch of our beautiful desk. I had made a hardcover photobook while she was sick, so that will be up on the hutch, along with multple pictures in frames of her, and us with her. My little shrine to my beautiful baby. I also have her HUGE polar bear (seen in 95% of her pics, it was her favorite toy), but its way too big for the desk. I have decided it will rest on top of a bookcase i have in my room. It makes me happy to have something she loved so much close to us. I will feel so much better to have my girl "home". I can't wait till tomorrow. (sorry if that makes me sound crazy).

Speaking of crazy, i wanted to add one of those bouquet picture frames to my eventual bridal bouquet. i think it's assumed those are for deceased parents, etc - would it be super weird if i put a pic of bella in one? She is my family, and she is the one thing i will think about considering our wedding is booked for 2 days after her 1 year anniversary.

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock
I have an update! The stone we picked out came in the mail yesterday!! Now all I have to do is wait for him to get it into a setting (he custom designed it and he won't let me know where in the process it is!) and for him to propose! :bigsmile:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
LLC, I think that is a wonderful idea! I love those! I just bought some online and they arrived the other day. ;))

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
LLC- That doesn't sound strange at all! I think it's a lovely idea to include a picture of her in your bouquet. When we got Flo's ashes back they came in this lovely ornate wooden box (nicer than people's ashes come back in seriously), and Mum didn't know where to put her, so she put the box in the glove compartment and she's still there, Flo loved the car, even though she barked like crazy, so I think Mum is pretty happy with it! Dad isn't quite so impressed lol!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG THE RING IS HERE!!!!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
cygnet|1376116108|3500153 said:
OMG :appl: :appl: :appl:

Have you seen it?!??!?! Or do you get a big surprise when he pops the question?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

eeeeeeek so so so excited. Hope G doesn't make you wait too long!!!! ;)) :appl:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Eep!!!! Hope you get to wear it and show that baby off soon!!!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

lin_ny|1376142368|3500221 said:

Nope! I've seen it. I kind of love the idea of a surprise, but I needed to make sure it looked good because it was delayed initially due to QC rejection and I needed to verify that it looked okay this time around. I actually didn't like the prongs at all, and I was able to get my jeweler to flatten them out a little bit, so it's a good thing I saw it first. Now G has it and he's hiding it.... Hiding...

But it's sooooo pretty! If I do say so myself.

After the ring drama of the last 8 months, I was prepared to just accept anything so I could quit worrying about the ring already, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it looks. I imagined it would be pretty, but it exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to do my SMTB!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
So happy that you can finally enjoy that beautiful octavia cygnet! :appl:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
cygnet|1376197359|3500614 said:
:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

lin_ny|1376142368|3500221 said:

Nope! I've seen it. I kind of love the idea of a surprise, but I needed to make sure it looked good because it was delayed initially due to QC rejection and I needed to verify that it looked okay this time around. I actually didn't like the prongs at all, and I was able to get my jeweler to flatten them out a little bit, so it's a good thing I saw it first. Now G has it and he's hiding it.... Hiding...

But it's sooooo pretty! If I do say so myself.

After the ring drama of the last 8 months, I was prepared to just accept anything so I could quit worrying about the ring already, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it looks. I imagined it would be pretty, but it exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to do my SMTB!
Geez get engaged already! We can not wait to see your SMTB either!!! :appl:

Mine is in hiding too. Isn't it just killing you?!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting the worst LIW-itis. I think he thinks I was kidding when I was grumpy with him today on the phone. More and more people are getting engaged on my Facebook. :angryfire: People who have been together for less time are getting engaged and married!!

I had one weekend before the start of grad school in the fall, and I had been waiting for him to decide what we will do as a mini-vacation. He finally chose my choice, except all the hotels in the area are now booked that weekend. More grumpiness. :angryfire:

I have ~4 weeks free-ish before grad school starts and this would be the PERFECT time to scout for a wedding venue. WTF.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID WHEN I WAS B*TCHING?
"Yes, this would be a good time to get engaged, huh?"

NO SH*T, SHERLOCK! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT A YEAR AGO!

Sigh. Anyway. We have a wedding date. And he wants me to start planning. Except I refuse to plan until I am proposed to. :devil:

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Hah Madelise I would be the same way!

I have a teeny update for those interested- me and the OH had a huge argument where he blurted out that he was planning on proposing this year!!
Except his Mum and her boyfriend got engaged 25.12.2012. I'm going to preface this by saying that I do actually adore both of them, but they drive me crazy. Basically if anyone does anything within a year of them doing it- it's to upstage them, or to get one over on them, or to steal their thunder. It's not, you understand, but that's how they take it.

Long story short, it basically means we can't do anything until after they're married because of the s**tstorm it will start with them saying we're only doing it to upstage them blahblahblah. And even after they're married everything we do, they will just compare to their wedding, they just talk down about anything that doesn't involve them. I love them, but the world revolves around them and I can't cope with it all the time. Am I the only one who knows someone like this?

I'm sorry I really do ramble. I'm cranky because I wasn't supposed to be in work today, yet here I am...
Hope everyone is having a good week!

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Steph - I definitely know what you're talking about. I know/have known people like this and at the end of the day -- even though it's tough-- you both have to live your lives with a smile, and as long as you both know the reasons behind the decisions you've both made, that's ALL that matters. I've learned in life that there will ALWAYS be someone with something to say. Keep your chin up and be patient with him, I'm sure he's just trying to keep the peace among everybody.

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Exactly ndc923- there are people like that everywhere, it's just hard spending everyday (we all work together) with them! I love them dearly at the end of the day though, and I'm so excited about their wedding it's going to be fantastic. << This isn't sarcasm even if it sounds it :razz:
My OH does like to keep the peace and I can't argue with that!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1376635641|3504230 said:
I'm getting the worst LIW-itis. I think he thinks I was kidding when I was grumpy with him today on the phone. More and more people are getting engaged on my Facebook. :angryfire: People who have been together for less time are getting engaged and married!!

I had one weekend before the start of grad school in the fall, and I had been waiting for him to decide what we will do as a mini-vacation. He finally chose my choice, except all the hotels in the area are now booked that weekend. More grumpiness. :angryfire:

I have ~4 weeks free-ish before grad school starts and this would be the PERFECT time to scout for a wedding venue. WTF.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID WHEN I WAS B*TCHING?
"Yes, this would be a good time to get engaged, huh?"

NO SH*T, SHERLOCK! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT A YEAR AGO!

Sigh. Anyway. We have a wedding date. And he wants me to start planning. Except I refuse to plan until I am proposed to. :devil:

I'm a little out of the loop... If you have a wedding date, why doesn't he just propose? What's he waiting for (and I'm not being facetious, I assume he has a reason for waiting)? I totally feel your pain - it's frustrating when you're ready and the boy is not.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nowicanseethemoon|1376937967|3506063 said:
I'm a little out of the loop... If you have a wedding date, why doesn't he just propose? What's he waiting for (and I'm not being facetious, I assume he has a reason for waiting)? I totally feel your pain - it's frustrating when you're ready and the boy is not.

I don't know, I'm not him, I'm not the one proposing. It's not that he isn't ready.

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Ummm update alert!
Conversation with OH earlier on;
Me: Shall we book the test drive for Saturday morning? (We're buying a new car)
OH: Yeah sure, so you want to go anywhere after?
Me: We could go to Merry Hill for lunch. (Shopping centre)
OH: Yeah good idea. Why don't we look at engagement rings while we're up there? I'm terrified of getting you the wrong thing. This way we can both get an idea of what you want but I can pick the ring by myself and it'll still be a surprise.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I'm going to try on engagement rings this weekend!! Now I need some diamond advice! We don't have access to the same places in the UK for diamonds you guys do in the US. Eeeek!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
!!!!!

How exciting!! Make sure to try on diff metals to figure out if you're a white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, or platinum girl. Also try on different shapes!! Has any photos caught your eye yet? What have you liked just from photos? A MRB is easiest and most classic style. Are there any large diamond houses that would have excellent or ideal cut diamonds where you are?

Write things down. Bring a note pad. Be very specific. Write down how thick the shanks are of the ring. Ask lots of Qs. If you like micropave, write it down. If you hate channel set side stones, write if down. Ask everything and write down if you like or dislike it. Write down specs of diamonds you DO love, and the prices. Don't settle. Compare prices at diff stores. Are you two willin to buy online from the US? Everyone says that the US has the best prices and best quality for diamonds... Come home w all your notes and check online with PS vendors if everything is on par or if they really are overpriced.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results