shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jumpin Jacks!

Yes my last one was a knife edge as well. I am nearly 99% sure they missed the modification note - I just got to work and all the girls say it looks thinner than my last knife edge from James Allen. If it was going from 2.5mm to 2.9mm - that shouldn't really happen. Waiting to hear back from BGD at this point. I might also swing by jewelers row after work to see if I can get someone to measure it professionally.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
maple2012|1371649429|3468580 said:
Hi Jumpin Jacks!

Yes my last one was a knife edge as well. I am nearly 99% sure they missed the modification note - I just got to work and all the girls say it looks thinner than my last knife edge from James Allen. If it was going from 2.5mm to 2.9mm - that shouldn't really happen. Waiting to hear back from BGD at this point. I might also swing by jewelers row after work to see if I can get someone to measure it professionally.

Maple, I adore your ring and especially your diamond. :love: Bringing it to a jeweler is a great idea. Let us know what they say!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, they found my original setting! and are shipping it back. I will create another thread when I get home with pictures of the ring on my finger and to get everyone's input. BGD stated they double checked and they did in fact create the ring with the modifications at 2.9mm down to 2.2mm at the bottom. It just doesn't look any thicker! I wonder if that' the fact this knife edge is more pronounced? ;(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to write this weekend:

Guess whose boyfriend caught the garter at my friend's wedding?

Alright, any moment now, SO!! I've been on the LIW list now for almost 2 years, and it's been 3 years as of July that he got me a promise ring and said we'd get married "soon"! *Taps foot.

jennredsox

Rough_Rock
We're celebrating our 4 year anniversary this weekend. I know he's not going to propose this weekend---the ring is finished and is still at the jeweller's waiting for the SO to pick up and purchase.

I'm actually kind glad he's not going to propose this weekend.....if there was a possibility of it happening, I'd be stressing over it, and if he didn't propose, I'd be disappointed. So we'll get to enjoy the weekend without any pressure or expectations.

We're heading up to the Central Coast--north of Sydney for a night.....its supposed to be a beautiful coastal area with a few little cute beachy suburbs. Going to the spa for a nice massage and then dinner at a French restaurant. I can't wait to get away and spend some quality time with my man :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise, You are one patient woman! Sending you lots of dust! It's about time that ring of yours be worn- the diamond is amazing and I cannot wait to see pictures of the completed ring!!!

Jenn, Have a great anniversary getaway! Sounds amazing!

Weekend getaway this weekend with another couple. It wont happen this weekend but that's okay. No pressure for either of us and no dissapointment for me. 40 more days! grrrrr. :errrr:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Madelise, it's going to be soon! It has to be! You're such a trooper! Whats taking him so long?!

Currently, I'm feeling very elope-y. I can't tell SO that my family doesn't like him as my future anything... :(( I know how I feel, why can't everyone be happy for my happiness? I think he's proposing soon... I can't imagine ever in my life telling my family something that makes me happy and them being upset by it. We're very close so this is incredibly hard for me. :( Lots of sad going on right now.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary, Jenn! Enjoy your weekend :love: you might say the ring is tied up at the jewelers, but my fingers are still crossed for you!

Antique - 40 days is coming up shortly. No worries, enjoy your weekend with your friends. And keep. those. nails. looking. cute!

WakingDreams - To be fair, families also get their hearts broken. I always hate involving family into my romances until I'm 100% positive something is going to happen. After my last long term relationship, my grandmother was torn. She kept bringing him up, even when I had been with current SO for over a year. :errrr: Maybe after your SO proposes, they'll see it's for real and warm up to getting to know him. SO's family was always nice to me, but they weren't absolutely loving until he bought a ring. They're trying to protect their own hearts. Don't be sad, enjoy your time with him! Do something fun together that isn't engagement-y to get your mind off of this! Do something happy. CHIN UP! :))

lktx

Shiny_Rock
I found a wedding dress I really like. It's 50% off. There's only one left. It's in my size.

Would I be crazy to get it? SO hasn't even proposed yet, though we do have the diamond. I think it would probably be crazy.

Would love to hear your opinions on this. Some other girl put it in her cart for a while :evil: , and it showed up as sold out. It's back in my cart now...

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lktx|1371999279|3470903 said:
I found a wedding dress I really like. It's 50% off. There's only one left. It's in my size.

Would I be crazy to get it? SO hasn't even proposed yet, though we do have the diamond. I think it would probably be crazy.

Would love to hear your opinions on this. Some other girl put it in her cart for a while :evil: , and it showed up as sold out. It's back in my cart now...

Have you actually tried it on before? If you are POSITIVE it is the one, then I am all for it! We are apparently a bunch of crazy pre-planners anyway so I see nothing wrong with it! Especially if he has the diamond, I would say it is safe to think that it is *going* to happen, just a matter of time ;))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
lktx|1371999279|3470903 said:

I echo PB, if you have tried it on and know its the one, then def, go for it! I have found that dresses i like in pics always didnt look so good on me, so i would def make sure you have tried it on first! I have already booked a wedding and picked out the dress...and im still not engaged! ;-) So no, i do not think you are crazy :twirl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much is 50% off? Is this a 5K dress that's now 2.5K? Which is still a lot? Or is this a 1K dress that's now 500$, in which you should go immediately to buy ASAP ASAP? If it's still costly, talk it over with your SO. If you know you're going to be getting married soon, FOR SURE, and won't change your mind on the dress, FOR SURE, no matter what location you'll be in, then buy it. :!: :!: :!:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
It's a $5500 dress that's 50% off, so still stupid expensive. I talked to SO about it and he was basically like "stop it, crazy person." So womp womp, no dress for me. The good news is that he told me that he was looking at Victor Canera's website earlier this afternoon and then proceeded to point out the settings he likes..... :!: :!: :appl:

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
I've been dress shopping online for ages!! Haven't actually gotten the courage to go and try any on sans engagement ring but I am jealous of all you ladies that have! I often love how things look on models and hate how they look on my non-model body so dress shopping should be interesting.

Update: we bought our third dog, we love dogs and are obviously a little crazy! So that's been consuming a lot of our time and energy, in addition to working on our first home, which we moved into in January. So all things moving in the right direction, but still waiting over here. Yesterday he asked me what time I was thinking of for our wedding, like year and month. I said 2015 because my 2014 is insanely busy, so I may have just bought myself another year on the LIW list, better start posting more often!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
ned is reviving this thread.

1048863_10100201829854355_966479685_o.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1372561936|3474599 said:
ned is reviving this thread.
Squee!! How is he doing?! I just adore devons and Ned is one adorable devon.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny NED IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!! MORE PICS PLZ :love:

I'm taking another trip to T&Co today, SO wants a wb from there and my SA is working so we are going to try to get the 411 on best ideas of the next price increases. We have already seen this WB go up once, so i refuse to watch it go up again with a wedding date already set!

Besides that, nothing going on here...just enjoying my free time out of school!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Ned is so stinkin' cute! :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
YAY for new pets Fayethful and lin_ny! Ned is delicious!

My update is that I tried on my ering (I wanted to double check the size) with my eyes closed, no bueno. Its at the jewellers being sized as we speak. I wish I'd gotten it right in the first place, but I'm glad that its being done before I have it for keeps!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
~1nmyu<

{that was a message from ned.}

:lol: he keeps pouncing on my keyboard as I type. quite distractingsd5wh. hahahaha. thank you everyone for the kind words about our fur baby. is really is quite amazing. he is the most cuddly and affectionate cat i've ever met! devons are INCREDIBLE cats. i know not everyone is a 'cat person' and some even hate cats, but i'll maintain, if you feel that way, you've just never met a devon. we love him.

here's a vid from tonight! :lol: cracks me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58bhEBfH1l0

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
CUTE OVERLOAD!

P.S. My ring is ready! I wonder if he'll give it to me this weekend?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I'm official guys!!!! Finally found out that I passed my boards!!! Has been an excruciating one week wait/delay so I think if I can survive that (which was just barely) I think I'll be okay the rest of my waiting period lol.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
So many exciting things happening! :appl:

Pandabee, Congratulations! That is so exciting and I am so happy for you!

Chewbacca! I hope you get your ring soon. So excited to see pictures!

Me? 29 days and counting. I wonder if it will be this week- he is very insistent about going to see my parents after the 4th of July... strange but not unheard of. Who knows. I am trying to stay buried in work and not think about it. YEAH. RIGHT.
:saint:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1372789611|3476091 said:
So many exciting things happening! :appl:

Pandabee, Congratulations! That is so exciting and I am so happy for you!

Chewbacca! I hope you get your ring soon. So excited to see pictures!

Me? 29 days and counting. I wonder if it will be this week- he is very insistent about going to see my parents after the 4th of July... strange but not unheard of. Who knows. I am trying to stay buried in work and not think about it. YEAH. RIGHT.
:saint:

Fingers crossed for you...

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, pandabee! I never doubted it for a second! :appl:

antiquesparkler, I take it you'll be painting your nails just in case, too? Eeek!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1372723632|3475701 said:
CUTE OVERLOAD!

P.S. My ring is ready! I wonder if he'll give it to me this weekend?
Ditto! My ring is ready and he has it!!!

He'll never propose though, let's be honest. (my bf) :wacko:

Wishing you the best this weekend!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I am def painting my nails. Actually I painted them the other day and plan to leave them.

nails.jpg

I posted this in the nail thread too but oh well.

ALl these guys with rings- someone has to come off the list SOON! Dust to all of you! :appl:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
love the nails antiquesparkler!!!

WOOHOO the ring is in da house lin_ny!!! how are you going to contain yourself?!

OK so seriously, im expecting lots of movement this summer with all of the rings already bought/in house/weddings planned LOL

I will be waiting prob till the end of the year :( so i need some bling to get me by!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy|1372872622|3476707 said:
:( so i need some bling to get me by!!!!

Ditto. And my collection keeps growing and growing as I wait and wait. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results