shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
SO GLAD you are on the same page now, madelise! Even I was getting a tad maniacal about checking for updates each morning, ha ha! I must be on holiday, too much free time. 8-) Apart from the bad news bears OF COURSE. I'm sorry to hear it.

Come on Mayflowers, surely lunch didn't last THIS long! ;-)

As for me: We have been talking finances lately. We are currently saving, and it is a complete slog. We are saving for: a wedding, a vacation, and a downpayment on a house. At this rate we would have to knock them slowly off one by one. A couple of years ago we set ourselves up to do the ESL Korea thing, but didn't go. An idea is forming: teach ESL in Korea for a year July 2013 - July 2014, and we will have enough money for all of the above. We would save quadruple what we could here in one year.

Which will of course push the engagement/wedding combo back. SO said he had been planning on our getting married at the end of this year (!!!), but that he did feel excited to propose in a foreign country! So we would marry near the end of 2014, and then take our vacation-moon. Its a plan in its mega-infancy, but very much on the table at the moment!

I feel a little bit :errrr: about the wait.. but also :$$):!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad he opened up to you Madelise....they sometimes keep everything inside and then we get all pouty and bratty because we know something is off and we feel slighted by it! I can understand having a partner that carrier A LOT of stresses and worries around with him. All we can do is be supportive and try to provide a positive balance.

I enjoyed the holidays...SO took 15 days of leave so he got both xmas and NYE off. We also celebrated an anniversary. All of these events were way too obvious for a proposal, so I never expected it to happen. He did get me some xmas and anniversary bling (earrings and a new charm).

We are headed to San Diego at the end of the month so I can try and find an area I want to live. I am having a lot of anxiety about moving away from him for a year. He has been reassuring and supporting me a lot. My friend/co-worker is looking in the same area near Balboa Park, so I'll be glad to have a friend to live near so we can go walking or grab coffee on the weekends. I'm actually really excited she decided to transfer...we've lost a lot of people in our department because of this relocation.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I think everyone could use some DUST!!! Me included.

My update: Boyfriend, y u no propose now that we has diamond?

That is all.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I'm back. Sorry it took me so long! My dad ended up in the hospital with a blockage in his artery. He's okay now, but he gave us a bit of a scare at first.

Anyways, I'm STILL waiting. I'm starting to get frustrated with it. But, I don't want push BF in to something that he isn't ready for. I had been doing pretty well at keeping my mouth shut until right before Christmas. His family said some things to me that made me kind of suspect he might propose and when he didn't do it, I of course had to bring up engagement again.

He mentioned that he was hoping we could get engaged by March. I will just have to wait and see. I am going to try my hardest not to bring it up or complain to him about waiting. School starts back next week, so I will have plenty to keep my mind off of it.

So, not much of an update. But just letting you all know what's going on with me.

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies!

I have become obsessed with rings again after drifting off it a bit for a few months. I change my mind often about what I want but just yesterday came across a JbEG setting that I absolutely LOVE and straight away thought 'that's the one!' so I have of course been staring at it non stop and bookmarked a centre stone for it :love: it's just soooo pretty!

I want to shoe SO but don't want to be pushy, I know money matters mean its not going to happen right now, and he will almost certainly be stressed out if I start going on about rings, so it's best to leave it for now. However, I am growing increasingly concerned he will end up buying me some overpriced poor quality thing from a retailer here. I have said a few times about buying from the US and even mentioned I love this specific cut which you will absolutely not be able to get here (I want an AVC), and that I've seen settings I like that you can't get here, but then every time I manage to steer the conversation that way he says something that makes me think he hasn't been getting my hints about this! Like the other day we were on the subject and I asked if he would intend on picking my ring himself, and he said he would get my sisters to go with him. Very sweet, but I highly doubt they would know anything about diamonds! Gaaahhhh!

I really want to somehow be able to say 'I know it's not possible at the moment, but it hopefully will be soon, and when that time comes THIS is what I want' and perhaps provide him with something in writing lol as he's not likely to remember. Then I can stop worrying about it. But I also don't want to be micromanaging the whole thing. Thanks to Pricescope I am now too well educated and picky to leave it to chance anymore, I don't want to think my ring is anything less than perfect. Perhaps I would have been better off not finding PS and living in ignorant bliss with a less than ideal ring!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1357316550|3347197 said:
I think everyone could use some DUST!!! Me included.

My update: Boyfriend, y u no propose now that we has diamond?

That is all.

aww. I'm sorry!! DUST to you!!!! Is the ring completely done as well or does he just have the stone?

MayFlowers|1357346947|3347665 said:
Ok I'm back. Sorry it took me so long! My dad ended up in the hospital with a blockage in his artery. He's okay now, but he gave us a bit of a scare at first.

Anyways, I'm STILL waiting. I'm starting to get frustrated with it. But, I don't want push BF in to something that he isn't ready for. I had been doing pretty well at keeping my mouth shut until right before Christmas. His family said some things to me that made me kind of suspect he might propose and when he didn't do it, I of course had to bring up engagement again.

He mentioned that he was hoping we could get engaged by March. I will just have to wait and see. I am going to try my hardest not to bring it up or complain to him about waiting. School starts back next week, so I will have plenty to keep my mind off of it.

So, not much of an update. But just letting you all know what's going on with me.

oh my goodness! I hope your dad is doing better. That is definitely something to be scared about. March is soon!! Just hang in there. And maybe with your dad's recent hospitalization he thought it might be a bit much to do it so soon and wanted to have you associate your engagement with a happy time of your life, and not your dad being in the hospital.

PhillyMcGee|1357369196|3347848 said:
Hi ladies!

I have become obsessed with rings again after drifting off it a bit for a few months. I change my mind often about what I want but just yesterday came across a JbEG setting that I absolutely LOVE and straight away thought 'that's the one!' so I have of course been staring at it non stop and bookmarked a centre stone for it :love: it's just soooo pretty!

I want to shoe SO but don't want to be pushy, I know money matters mean its not going to happen right now, and he will almost certainly be stressed out if I start going on about rings, so it's best to leave it for now. However, I am growing increasingly concerned he will end up buying me some overpriced poor quality thing from a retailer here. I have said a few times about buying from the US and even mentioned I love this specific cut which you will absolutely not be able to get here (I want an AVC), and that I've seen settings I like that you can't get here, but then every time I manage to steer the conversation that way he says something that makes me think he hasn't been getting my hints about this! Like the other day we were on the subject and I asked if he would intend on picking my ring himself, and he said he would get my sisters to go with him. Very sweet, but I highly doubt they would know anything about diamonds! Gaaahhhh!

I really want to somehow be able to say 'I know it's not possible at the moment, but it hopefully will be soon, and when that time comes THIS is what I want' and perhaps provide him with something in writing lol as he's not likely to remember. Then I can stop worrying about it. But I also don't want to be micromanaging the whole thing. Thanks to Pricescope I am now too well educated and picky to leave it to chance anymore, I don't want to think my ring is anything less than perfect. Perhaps I would have been better off not finding PS and living in ignorant bliss with a less than ideal ring!

Is there a way for you to bring it up with a preface of exactly what you said in that last paragraph? That way you are acknowledging the money issue upfront but still telling him what it is exactly that you want. I *finally* entrusted SO with my precious and wrote down instructions for him on how to take it in to get resized and what needs to be done hehe. So I get where you're coming from with needing to provide him specific and exact instructions! It's definitely a blessing and a curse to have found this website...but in the end it'll be very worth it!!!! Never settle for less than ideal when it comes to bling!! :bigsmile:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
PhillyMcGee,

So get your sisters involved and show them what you want! E-mail them your links, talk to them.

liz

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1357185911|3346060 said:
Thanks ladies, I really am happy, really. Knowing it isn't me, or our relationship is such a load off my shoulders. I think this will help me be patient for a little while longer :))

Linny! I'm glad you're back! :wavey: Happy new year! and congratulations on the new house!!!
:wavey: Awww, thanks. Taking some time away has been good for me to just get my mind off everything!

I see no Christmas/New Years proposal for you either? :lol: Oh dear... the wait is so much fun!! Wait, wait, wait.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1357578815|3349549 said:
the wait is so much fun!! Wait, wait, wait.

You're a masochist! This is not fun at all :errrr:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1357587022|3349647 said:

:lol: I've just developed a twisted sense of humour... that's all.

We went to a wedding this weekend. It was the first one we've been to in over 3 years, so it was really fun. A few times I nudged him and said "Don't you wanna get married?" or "Doesn't this make you wanna get married?" and he did tell me that he's 'planning' stuff, 'working on it'... those kinda things. Good sign, right?? :appl:

There are a few things that turn him off the whole 'wedding' thing - like being the centre of attention and living up to his own expectations of himself - like when it comes to the vows, the speeches, etc. He's a really witty, funny, crowd-pleasing kinda guy and he thinks doing all the wedding stuff would be incredibly daunting!

Although I agree, I know how amazing it would be. I just want it already, damnit!!! :angryfire:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I can't figure out if I'm really OK with potentially extending my wait for a year, or if I'm in a bit of shock. :lol:

Feeling SO GLAD I have you ladies to commiserate with. And also a sneaky skim read of other waiting boards when I'm feeling especially insane. ;-) Gosh I hate decision making - I'm such a black/white girl, when its grey its like torture!

starrylight

Shiny_Rock
I have to also echo the "I'm back" as SO decided to mention a couple days before we went on our respective "winter breaks" something about waiting. I didn't hear all of it, so my automatic suspicions were of course as you all would expect them to be, so I had to take a bit of an LIW break. But he finally caved to telling me tonight (after a bit of "what is our status quo" from me due to some things that he had said) and said that he had meant "I will wait, but only because I have to" and admitted it was about engagement.

He knows my time line (at least a year and a half) at when I would propose and I finally found the guts to tell him that even if I pop the question, he'd better "repop" to which he had replied of course. :appl:

On the brighter side, we're planning a short NYC trip for February. And I finally get to go to the NY public library. He's a little :roll: about that, but it's absolutely beautiful. I am so thrilled to finally go (It would also be my dream venue if I had to have a real wedding).

nypl.png

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
Oh gosh ladies I am fully immersed in hypothetical wedding planning right now! I think I have lost it. I am a Graphic artist so something I love the most is invitations, today at work I spent a good hour or two drawing designs for my hypothetical engagement, save the date and wedding invitations. Yes, I am definitely crazy.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1357643435|3350129 said:
Oh gosh ladies I am fully immersed in hypothetical wedding planning right now! I think I have lost it. I am a Graphic artist so something I love the most is invitations, today at work I spent a good hour or two drawing designs for my hypothetical engagement, save the date and wedding invitations. Yes, I am definitely crazy.

Lol I think pre-planning before you are engaged is totally fine! Right??? Because I've been planning out my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. And have definitely thought about going to try on dresses but I think that's a little too much for me lol. Trying on rings pre-engagement by myself is no big deal...trying on dresses seems like way too much effort!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1357655726|3350259 said:

Lol I think pre-planning before you are engaged is totally fine! Right??? Because I've been planning out my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. And have definitely thought about going to try on dresses but I think that's a little too much for me lol. Trying on rings pre-engagement by myself is no big deal...trying on dresses seems like way too much effort!

So, a friend of mine is engaged and I'm one of her BMs and going through Pinterest and looking at wedding stuff is freaking me out. Suddenly the idea of eloping looks better and better...weddings are completely overwhelming.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Lol! Totally fine! I am planning too and the earliest we marry will be Summer 2014... lol! Oh well, its planned plus I have a Pinterest board with serious ideas. :bigsmile: Maybe no trying on dresses for me either... I don't think I could do that and I would really want my girlfriends and my mom to join me... and I would keep that a total secret, except for maybe you ladies!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1357592601|3349746 said:
madelise|1357587022|3349647 said:

:lol: I've just developed a twisted sense of humour... that's all.

We went to a wedding this weekend. It was the first one we've been to in over 3 years, so it was really fun. A few times I nudged him and said "Don't you wanna get married?" or "Doesn't this make you wanna get married?" and he did tell me that he's 'planning' stuff, 'working on it'... those kinda things. Good sign, right?? :appl:

There are a few things that turn him off the whole 'wedding' thing - like being the centre of attention and living up to his own expectations of himself - like when it comes to the vows, the speeches, etc. He's a really witty, funny, crowd-pleasing kinda guy and he thinks doing all the wedding stuff would be incredibly daunting!

Although I agree, I know how amazing it would be. I just want it already, damnit!!! :angryfire:

Welcome back Linny! Congrats on the house!

I am all done going to weddings as a single gal. We went to 3 weddings last summer and I am over it. SO's sister is engaged and my friend is engaged as well-I am in the wedding. No wedding dates announced for either of them but I REFUSE to go to another wedding not engaged. I am being a brat but I am over it. No. more.

On another note, I am in Vancouver for the week with my sister. I have dreams of being proposed to when he picks me up from the airport... or maybe when we get back to our house. Not going to happen but a girl can dream...

These next couple of months is going to be such a struggle for me. Our 2 year anniversary is in February and I have to go bring in my unworn engagement ring to the jeweler next month for an inspection. I don't know what will happen if they ask why its so clean. I might lose it. Ahhhh! So can we start a support group or something? lol :errrr:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1357667797|3350353 said:
Welcome back Linny! Congrats on the house!

I am all done going to weddings as a single gal. We went to 3 weddings last summer and I am over it. SO's sister is engaged and my friend is engaged as well-I am in the wedding. No wedding dates announced for either of them but I REFUSE to go to another wedding not engaged. I am being a brat but I am over it. No. more.

On another note, I am in Vancouver for the week with my sister. I have dreams of being proposed to when he picks me up from the airport... or maybe when we get back to our house. Not going to happen but a girl can dream...

These next couple of months is going to be such a struggle for me. Our 2 year anniversary is in February and I have to go bring in my unworn engagement ring to the jeweler next month for an inspection. I don't know what will happen if they ask why its so clean. I might lose it. Ahhhh! So can we start a support group or something? lol :errrr:
Thank you so much!

I didn't find the wedding so bad. I was so focused on being happy for them that there were only a few moments where I ached for having my own wedding. Man, I am SO READY! We were giggling last night before bed and just being silly... and I just had a nice moment of "ahhhhh, this is so right." I just love him. <3

Wowzers, not even 2 years and there's already an engagement ring? That's awesome! Think of the positives! hehe :bigsmile:

I used to try and imagine what kind of proposal it would be... or when. I'm actually kinda glad that I don't know anything - whether or not he has the ring, or what stage in the planning he's at. I think it'll make for a pretty huge surprise! That said, it's often on my mind. So often that I'm not sure I can possibly be THAT taken off guard!

Gawd, I'm so nosy/aware! I wish I wasn't! :cheeky:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1357667415|3350349 said:

Lol! Totally fine! I am planning too and the earliest we marry will be Summer 2014... lol! Oh well, its planned plus I have a Pinterest board with serious ideas. :bigsmile: Maybe no trying on dresses for me either... I don't think I could do that and I would really want my girlfriends and my mom to join me... and I would keep that a total secret, except for maybe you ladies!
I wish I could wait until Summer 2014. I want to be married this year... I told my boyfriend - we are SERIOUSLY RUNNING OUT OF TIME, MAN!!!

Around Christmastime, he actually mentioned being pregnant around that time next year. So his mind must be on a Summer/Fall 2013 wedding, right?!?!?!?! :naughty: :naughty:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1357670748|3350390 said:
antiquesparkler|1357667415|3350349 said:

I wish I could wait until Summer 2014. I want to be married this year... I told my boyfriend - we are SERIOUSLY RUNNING OUT OF TIME, MAN!!!

Around Christmastime, he actually mentioned being pregnant around that time next year. So his mind must be on a Summer/Fall 2013 wedding, right?!?!?!?! :naughty: :naughty:

Christmastime next year for a baby?! WooohooOO! So excited for you! Summer 2014 is SOOOOOooooOOO far away but we need to take care of some things and save for a wedding. :tongue:

SO's sister and my friend need to get married first too which I imagine will be this summer/fall- no stepping on toes for me. :saint:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1357671568|3350402 said:
Christmastime next year for a baby?! WooohooOO! So excited for you! Summer 2014 is SOOOOOooooOOO far away but we need to take care of some things and save for a wedding. :tongue:

SO's sister and my friend need to get married first too which I imagine will be this summer/fall- no stepping on toes for me. :saint:
Christmastime THIS year to be pregnant! Isn't that insane? :appl:

That's less than 12 months. I guess if I had to choose, I'd have about a year long engagement, but it's looking to be quite a bit shorter than that (if he proposes before march/april I'd like a summer/fall wedding for sure). I'm a bit worried that the venue I think I want will be booked by now for the summer, but we'll see... I suppose we're gonna have to save up too... but we want a really small wedding. Small and as cheap as possible!!! Well, he probably won't be able to afford pitching towards a wedding after he acquires my ring!

After I had a mini-meltdown in October and before I took some time away from PS, I made sure he had all the contact info for Grace @ JBEG and Chris @ ERD. I was hoping that by some miracle he'd be able to pay for my dream diamond (even on a payment plan perhaps) but I don't think that's gonna happen. it's still for sale. :(sad And now that we have the house we're gonna have less spending money thats for sure!

How old are you (if it isn't too rude to ask)?

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1357672224|3350413 said:
antiquesparkler|1357671568|3350402 said:

Christmastime THIS year to be pregnant! Isn't that insane? :appl:

That's less than 12 months. I guess if I had to choose, I'd have about a year long engagement, but it's looking to be quite a bit shorter than that (if he proposes before march/april I'd like a summer/fall wedding for sure). I'm a bit worried that the venue I think I want will be booked by now for the summer, but we'll see... I suppose we're gonna have to save up too... but we want a really small wedding. Small and as cheap as possible!!! Well, he probably won't be able to afford pitching towards a wedding after he acquires my ring!

After I had a mini-meltdown in October and before I took some time away from PS, I made sure he had all the contact info for Grace @ JBEG and Chris @ ERD. I was hoping that by some miracle he'd be able to pay for my dream diamond (even on a payment plan perhaps) but I don't think that's gonna happen. it's still for sale. :(sad And now that we have the house we're gonna have less spending money thats for sure!

How old are you (if it isn't too rude to ask)?

OMG. I was thinking this upcoming December but said NEXT for some reason.... THIS December sounds so sooooooon! :appl:

I am 26. :) SO is 31... talk about a cradle robber.... JK

We will also be having a smallish inexpensive wedding. The current plan is a ceremony on a lake that we love with just family and really close friends... maybe 30ish and then dinner at a fun restaurant on the lake.... then a couple months later a BBQ with our friends and family to celebrate... maybe closer to 80 people. I really want a small intimate ceremony surrounded only by those that love and us and support us. TBH, I just really hate how some people come to weddings just to be nosey. Yeah, I am a brat. No nosey people at my wedding.

I would elope totally and then have a party but our moms would be heartbroken. So I will be a nice daughter (in-law) and have a small ceremony.

Summer/fall this year would be doable but I think 6 months minimum for planning is reasonable. I mean who knows, I have a friend who just got engaged in the beginning of November and they are getting married in February... I guess its possible but I would be one stressed bridezilla. lol :) Or you could book the venue ahead of the engagement.... hehehe. I have a crazy friend who did that. Talk about pressure on her SO. I am sure they had talked about it but yikes! Yes, I have crazy acquaintances/friends.

How old are you guys?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
starrylight|1357626210|3350083 said:
I have to also echo the "I'm back" as SO decided to mention a couple days before we went on our respective "winter breaks" something about waiting. I didn't hear all of it, so my automatic suspicions were of course as you all would expect them to be, so I had to take a bit of an LIW break. But he finally caved to telling me tonight (after a bit of "what is our status quo" from me due to some things that he had said) and said that he had meant "I will wait, but only because I have to" and admitted it was about engagement.

He knows my time line (at least a year and a half) at when I would propose and I finally found the guts to tell him that even if I pop the question, he'd better "repop" to which he had replied of course. :appl:

On the brighter side, we're planning a short NYC trip for February. And I finally get to go to the NY public library. He's a little :roll: about that, but it's absolutely beautiful. I am so thrilled to finally go (It would also be my dream venue if I had to have a real wedding).

nypl.png

That library looks gorgeous!!! I feel like I have seen pictures of some weddings done there...that would be amazing.

princesss you are right. I have been looking up blog posts of weddings under 5k and I am so impressed (and determined). I think I get ahead of myself sometimes dreaming of an amazing dress, or shoes, or jewelry but in the end I just want to have a (kicka$$) wedding AND a cool honeymoon and not spend all the money that I have made in my first few years of my career!

AS, why do you have to bring your ring into the jeweler for inspection? Just tell them you take very good care of it ;))

omgosh lin_ny that is a very tight schedule if you are to be pregnant by Christmas this year!! How do you feel about getting pregnant right after you get married? Is that something that you want as well? I know you have the baby bug but I just am asking to see if you want to have some newlywed bliss with just the two of you before a baby joins the family!

Add me to the summer 2014 hopeful list though!!! I've been looking at weekends already to see if any numbers stand out to me ;))

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1357673430|3350426 said:
OMG. I was thinking this upcoming December but said NEXT for some reason.... THIS December sounds so sooooooon! :appl:

We will also be having a smallish inexpensive wedding. The current plan is a ceremony on a lake that we love with just family and really close friends... maybe 30ish and then dinner at a fun restaurant on the lake.... then a couple months later a BBQ with our friends and family to celebrate... maybe closer to 80 people. I really want a small intimate ceremony surrounded only by those that love and us and support us. TBH, I just really hate how some people come to weddings just to be nosey. Yeah, I am a brat. No nosey people at my wedding.

I would elope totally and then have a party but our moms would be heartbroken. So I will be a nice daughter (in-law) and have a small ceremony.

Summer/fall this year would be doable but I think 6 months minimum for planning is reasonable. I mean who knows, I have a friend who just got engaged in the beginning of November and they are getting married in February... I guess its possible but I would be one stressed bridezilla. lol :) Or you could book the venue ahead of the engagement.... hehehe. I have a crazy friend who did that. Talk about pressure on her SO. I am sure they had talked about it but yikes! Yes, I have crazy acquaintances/friends.

How old are you guys?
I'm 26 he's 27.

I love your plan for a wedding. We will do something similar, but in the mountains because it's my SOs favourite place. :bigsmile:

I asked him if he wanted to elope. He was like... "No, we can't do that to our families." Damn families! :devil:

Yeah I'm hoping on having at least 6 months. Have to have enough time to book a decent venue and find a dress... plus plan all the other crazy details! I'm hoping I won't be a bridezilla! Geesh! That would be stressful on our relationship.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357677759|3350501 said:
That library looks gorgeous!!! I feel like I have seen pictures of some weddings done there...that would be amazing.

princesss you are right. I have been looking up blog posts of weddings under 5k and I am so impressed (and determined). I think I get ahead of myself sometimes dreaming of an amazing dress, or shoes, or jewelry but in the end I just want to have a (kicka$$) wedding AND a cool honeymoon and not spend all the money that I have made in my first few years of my career!

AS, why do you have to bring your ring into the jeweler for inspection? Just tell them you take very good care of it ;))

omgosh lin_ny that is a very tight schedule if you are to be pregnant by Christmas this year!! How do you feel about getting pregnant right after you get married? Is that something that you want as well? I know you have the baby bug but I just am asking to see if you want to have some newlywed bliss with just the two of you before a baby joins the family!

Add me to the summer 2014 hopeful list though!!! I've been looking at weekends already to see if any numbers stand out to me ;))
Well, it's not really a rigid schedule... he just mentioned maybe that could be a possibility. If we don't get engaged until summer then we're looking at a summer 2014 wedding and a 2015 baby - but man, that seems SOOOO far away to me! And that's only if we're lucky enough to get pregnant when the time comes! (I know so many girls between 25-30 who have had the HARDEST time getting pregnant. Like 2+ years of infertility.

And for us, nothing will change really once we get married. We've already lived together for 2.5+ years. Now we live in the house we bought together. A wedding just changes the commitment a bit but no, I don't really feel like I need to be married for long before I get pregnant. It'll just be the same old, same old around here! :lol:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357677759|3350501 said:
starrylight|1357626210|3350083 said:

nypl.png

I love NYC! The library looks amazing!! You should post some pics from your trip!

My wedding will for sure be 5k-7k... not including wedding bands though... :naughty:

I have to bring my ring in because I have to get it inspected every 6 months to keep the warranty... Its been set for 5 months now. Ugh that sounds like forever for the sparkly to just in a drawer... I know you can relate, Panda. :-o It looks like its never been worn (Okay, tried on a few times...). Maybe I will make SO bring it in. bahahahaha. "Here bring our ring in and explain to them why you haven't proposed and why it looks so damn new." Okay, I wont do that but it makes me feel better to type it.

SUMMER 2014! Wooohoooo! Again, can we start a support group? That is a looooOOOooong time. :( June ceremony, August or September celebration fancy BBQ. I am calling it fancy because when I think BBQ, I think of my dad and SO drinking and flipping burgers... nothing like that. :bigsmile:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1357678642|3350516 said:
antiquesparkler|1357673430|3350426 said:

How old are you guys?
I'm 26 he's 27.

I love your plan for a wedding. We will do something similar, but in the mountains because it's my SOs favourite place. :bigsmile:

I asked him if he wanted to elope. He was like... "No, we can't do that to our families." Damn families! :devil:

Yeah I'm hoping on having at least 6 months. Have to have enough time to book a decent venue and find a dress... plus plan all the other crazy details! I'm hoping I won't be a bridezilla! Geesh! That would be stressful on our relationship.

Damn families is right. :Up_to_something:

We are the same age! I turn 27 at the end of October... you?

Love the mountains!!! So gorgeous! No bridezillas around here... that's why we are having a small wedding. :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1357678923|3350523 said:
Well, it's not really a rigid schedule... he just mentioned maybe that could be a possibility. If we don't get engaged until summer then we're looking at a summer 2014 wedding and a 2015 baby - but man, that seems SOOOO far away to me! And that's only if we're lucky enough to get pregnant when the time comes! (I know so many girls between 25-30 who have had the HARDEST time getting pregnant. Like 2+ years of infertility.

And for us, nothing will change really once we get married. We've already lived together for 2.5+ years. Now we live in the house we bought together. A wedding just changes the commitment a bit but no, I don't really feel like I need to be married for long before I get pregnant. It'll just be the same old, same old around here! :lol:

Ok right, gotcha. Hmm yeah that does scare me, seeing so many people have to try fertility treatments in order to help them get pregnant. Same old, same old...don't feel like an old married couple already!! Have some fun :sun: but I do hope that he proposes soon so that you can get your fall wedding on the ball!! ::)

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
Ahh fertility talk is so scary. I'm 26 as well and definitely not ready for babies yet (partly financially - I don't think we could afford a baby right now, and partly selfishness in that I want more years to be free of a 24/7 responsibility like that) but I know that my fertility is just declining... Currently I'm aiming to have two kids - one at 30 and one at 33, but even that isn't too far from now! Every time I start thinking about this, I'm either like a) So few years left to be free - must travel and do things (which usually involve spending money)! or b) So few years to save money for baby! Must not spend any money! :lol:

SO's brother has two little kids though and every time I see them I am simultaneously terrified and jealous. That's normal, right?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
The other side of the fertility coin...

Had a friend who married for the second time in her late 20s. She'd been told she'd never have children, but she had two. First was definitely a surprise. She didn't have much chest but after being pregnant and finally having breasts, she decided they weren't all they were cracked up to be because they just got in her way. She was pretty entertaining through that pregnancy since she had a wicked sense of humor.

College roommate got married when she was 38. I swear she got pregnant when they kissed at the end of the ceremony! Baby was born almost exactly 9 months to the day after the wedding, can't remember whether it was one day more or one day less. Within a couple of years, she was pregnant again with fraternal twins, no fertility drugs, no nothing. When she told me she was pregnant with twins, I got my tubes tied, even though I wasn't in a relationship and didn't know whether I ever would be again. (I was not cut out to be a mother.)

Another friend got married for the second time when she was about 40, it was her husband's first marriage. She told him that she was willing to try to get pregnant for a year but if it didn't work naturally, she wasn't going through fertility treatments. Their son is now a teenager.

My dad's mother had her first child at 17, her last (16th, although only 14 survived infancy) at 47. Poor woman was pregnant for most of 30 years and didn't have but a couple of the babies in the hospital and those were the later ones.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results