shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should we have a competition to see who can get the cheapest wedding per attendee? :naughty: I say per attendee because someone spending $5k on 50 guests is different than someone spending $10k on 150.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of a cheap wedding. I found this place, where Marilyn Monroe got married. The money for the ceremony is $2.7K for Fridays or $2.9K for weekend days. It's pretty damned pricey for just a ceremony, however it is tax deductible. I'm going to keep searching for places similar, though. Reception will be in SO's backyard. His backyard is beautiful, but there's a big fat pool taking up space. I was seeking a vendor to make a dance floor/cover for the pool, like this:

pool-cover-compressed1.jpg

clear-pool-cover-feature-620x300.jpg

Trouble: I got a quote. They want 5k+ for these things. :rolleyes: So I'm forgoing. We'll have to figure out how many tables we can fit in his backyard without this cover, and just cut down the guest list significantly.

Meh. I got lots of time.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
You are SO LUCKY to have a backyard venue, madelise! CHA-CHING.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1357687975|3350704 said:

Seriously! Some of the budget weddings were in backyards and they were so awesome!!!! And that pool cover idea would be so cool...too bad it's so pricey! How would that venue be tax-deductible?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1357688547|3350715 said:
Chewbacca|1357687975|3350704 said:

Seriously! Some of the budget weddings were in backyards and they were so awesome!!!! And that pool cover idea would be so cool...too bad it's so pricey! How would that venue be tax-deductible?

Yeah I am. Venues here want like 5k+ here just to use their space. Then of course you're stuck with their caterers who want like $100+ per person! Um... NO! It's just that stupid pool! X_x.

The ceremony spot is called Wayfarer's Chapel. You can google it. I'll link &post pics when I am able to get my laptop out. I'm in class :p. I think it's tax deductible because they're a NPO? I have no idea. It says it on the website though.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I had to pull out my laptop ASAP in class to show you.

beautifuldayphoto2-015.jpg

beautifuldayphoto2-063_7x1_0.jpg

At night time:
sf_niteshot_5x7_300dpi.jpg

Even though it's tax deductible, it's still quite hefty $$$$$ :$$): for just a few short hours to use only as a ceremony site.

I also love the Pasadena City Hall. It's featured as the city hall in Parks and Recreation, one of my favorite sitcoms at the moment.

photo1_0.jpg

pasadena-city-hall-engagement-photo-25895.jpg

1444701618_c8d311b777.jpg

However, I have no idea how the city hall's ceremony is conducted, and how it looks like inside. It is more convenient for my family, though, since they only live about 10 minutes away from that site. I wonder if city hall ceremony fees are tax deductible?

So… is anyone down for a DIY/cost reducing competition? :naughty: It will encourage us to stay within and under budget?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
OOoh interesting. I'll have to see if there are places like that near me! I'll look up Wayfarer's Chapel..the name alone sounds cool!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness I'm in love!!!!! I wish our city hall looked that nice!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'm all up for a competition!!! I saw that early and forgot to post that I liked that idea.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1357693723|3350802 said:
oh my goodness I'm in love!!!!! I wish our city hall looked that nice!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'm all up for a competition!!! I saw that early and forgot to post that I liked that idea.

So far it's me and you! Are we the only ones nuts enough to plan prior to being officially engaged? :naughty: Maybe we should extend this to the BWW side.

What are your DIY ideas so far?

I want to do those newspaper/book pages roses, some strands of cheapy "pearls", I got my vases and frames for table numbers from WebDiva :wavey: :appl: , and I'll be putting in cream/white + light pink hydrangeas (they are big so we need less) and a few peonies to pull the look together. Add in a few cheapy tea light candles and mason jars?, and voilà! Center pieces that were cheap to pull together, yet separated so our Asian family members don't steal them ALL. I don't know why they do that, but I'm guessing it's tradition. They ALWAYS take center pieces! :knockout: Hopefully I have them left over so I can sell them to another bride trying to cut co$ts, and make some of that money back.

I saw a Pinterest post where they used brown butcher paper, with lace sewn on the ends for a very very cheap table runner, too! If I have rectangular bench style seating, this might be a must!!

Paper lanterns and white christmas lights are cheap, too.

I'll also try to buy a Sillhouette using my budget, and make my own STDs and invitations.

I'm actually quite tempted to just MAKE our own food instead of catering, too. The prime rib we made for Christmas was delectable and EASY.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
You'll want to check with someone who's up on tax laws, but I'm pretty sure you can't deduct something for which you get something in return. You're renting the venue, not making a donation to the organization that runs it. Now maybe if you pay more than the going rate, you can deduct the excess...

It's a beautiful venue.

liz

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that venue at nighttime! :love:

I wanna talk DIY because it is my crack, will be back for that. Also: I think I'll be trailing behind you ladies timelines, but I want in on the budget comp!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1357679132|3350526 said:
Damn families is right. :Up_to_something:

We are the same age! I turn 27 at the end of October... you?

Love the mountains!!! So gorgeous! No bridezillas around here... that's why we are having a small wedding. :bigsmile:
December :)

And yes... we are lucky to be so close to the mountains. We have to take advantage!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357679153|3350527 said:
lin_ny|1357678923|3350523 said:
Well, it's not really a rigid schedule... he just mentioned maybe that could be a possibility. If we don't get engaged until summer then we're looking at a summer 2014 wedding and a 2015 baby - but man, that seems SOOOO far away to me! And that's only if we're lucky enough to get pregnant when the time comes! (I know so many girls between 25-30 who have had the HARDEST time getting pregnant. Like 2+ years of infertility.

And for us, nothing will change really once we get married. We've already lived together for 2.5+ years. Now we live in the house we bought together. A wedding just changes the commitment a bit but no, I don't really feel like I need to be married for long before I get pregnant. It'll just be the same old, same old around here! :lol:

Ok right, gotcha. Hmm yeah that does scare me, seeing so many people have to try fertility treatments in order to help them get pregnant. Same old, same old...don't feel like an old married couple already!! Have some fun :sun: but I do hope that he proposes soon so that you can get your fall wedding on the ball!! ::)
We joke about this sometimes! We definitely don't act very old, but we're kinda homebodies. I like it that way though! 8)

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
boysenberry|1357679597|3350542 said:
Ahh fertility talk is so scary. I'm 26 as well and definitely not ready for babies yet (partly financially - I don't think we could afford a baby right now, and partly selfishness in that I want more years to be free of a 24/7 responsibility like that) but I know that my fertility is just declining... Currently I'm aiming to have two kids - one at 30 and one at 33, but even that isn't too far from now! Every time I start thinking about this, I'm either like a) So few years left to be free - must travel and do things (which usually involve spending money)! or b) So few years to save money for baby! Must not spend any money! :lol:

SO's brother has two little kids though and every time I see them I am simultaneously terrified and jealous. That's normal, right?
It's daunting when you know people very close to you that are your age that have had huge issues. :(sad

I've already experienced a crazy thyroid gland and knowing how closely that and fertility are related, it scares me a bit. I've never been treated for it but I'm nervous to need it - it can cause miscarriages/infertility if not treated! :errrr:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1357694636|3350811 said:

So far it's me and you! Are we the only ones nuts enough to plan prior to being officially engaged? :naughty: Maybe we should extend this to the BWW side.

I want to do those newspaper/book pages roses, some strands of cheapy "pearls", I got my vases and frames for table numbers from WebDiva :wavey: :appl: , and I'll be putting in cream/white + light pink hydrangeas (they are big so we need less) and a few peonies to pull the look together. Add in a few cheapy tea light candles and mason jars?, and voilà! Center pieces that were cheap to pull together, yet separated so our Asian family members don't steal them ALL. I don't know why they do that, but I'm guessing it's tradition. They ALWAYS take center pieces! :knockout: Hopefully I have them left over so I can sell them to another bride trying to cut co$ts, and make some of that money back.

I saw a Pinterest post where they used brown butcher paper, with lace sewn on the ends for a very very cheap table runner, too! If I have rectangular bench style seating, this might be a must!!

I'll also try to buy a Sillhouette using my budget, and make my own STDs and invitations.

I'm actually quite tempted to just MAKE our own food instead of catering, too. The prime rib we made for Christmas was delectable and EASY.

Well...like we talked about in HP's intro thread, Chinese culture actually has it so that the whole wedding is planned before the engagement! So we are doing it okay I think! :naughty:

I haven't thought too much about decorations...idk that's not really my big thing I guess. I like paper lanterns for how they look and the stories associated with them. I want to get those HUGE white lilies and use those as my main decoration. I recently also learned they are the main flower in Chinese weddings because the name sounds very similar to "hundred years together" so I thought that was really neat! Plus they are my favorite.

I'm totally game for DIYing as many paper goods as I can. I used to scrapbook so I think that stuff would be so much fun! And rubber stamps!

As for food, no idea. I <3 food though (like you) so I don't want to disappoint on this aspect!!!

Writing this post though, I realize I really don't have all that much planned so maybe I'm not so crazy hehe. I think once I move past the dresses I can come up with more ideas for decoration and stuff. But I think that's also because the decor and food is more dependent on how many people you plan to have and where it'll all be. Which is COMPLETELY up in the air, vs. I know I will be wearing a white dress and I know I will ask at least 3 of my closest friends to be BMs.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1357696852|3350851 said:
pandabee|1357679153|3350527 said:
lin_ny|1357678923|3350523 said:
Well, it's not really a rigid schedule... he just mentioned maybe that could be a possibility. If we don't get engaged until summer then we're looking at a summer 2014 wedding and a 2015 baby - but man, that seems SOOOO far away to me! And that's only if we're lucky enough to get pregnant when the time comes! (I know so many girls between 25-30 who have had the HARDEST time getting pregnant. Like 2+ years of infertility.

And for us, nothing will change really once we get married. We've already lived together for 2.5+ years. Now we live in the house we bought together. A wedding just changes the commitment a bit but no, I don't really feel like I need to be married for long before I get pregnant. It'll just be the same old, same old around here! :lol:

Ok right, gotcha. Hmm yeah that does scare me, seeing so many people have to try fertility treatments in order to help them get pregnant. Same old, same old...don't feel like an old married couple already!! Have some fun :sun: but I do hope that he proposes soon so that you can get your fall wedding on the ball!! ::)
We joke about this sometimes! We definitely don't act very old, but we're kinda homebodies. I like it that way though! 8)

Hehe, SO and I are similar. We would much rather stay in and hang out by ourselves than go out! He has made me more so, but I don't mind at all...I love spending time with him no matter what we do! I do drag him out sometimes to play with friends and it's not so bad ;))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1357697015|3350855 said:
boysenberry|1357679597|3350542 said:
Ahh fertility talk is so scary. I'm 26 as well and definitely not ready for babies yet (partly financially - I don't think we could afford a baby right now, and partly selfishness in that I want more years to be free of a 24/7 responsibility like that) but I know that my fertility is just declining... Currently I'm aiming to have two kids - one at 30 and one at 33, but even that isn't too far from now! Every time I start thinking about this, I'm either like a) So few years left to be free - must travel and do things (which usually involve spending money)! or b) So few years to save money for baby! Must not spend any money! :lol:

SO's brother has two little kids though and every time I see them I am simultaneously terrified and jealous. That's normal, right?
It's daunting when you know people very close to you that are your age that have had huge issues. :(sad

I've already experienced a crazy thyroid gland and knowing how closely that and fertility are related, it scares me a bit. I've never been treated for it but I'm nervous to need it - it can cause miscarriages/infertility if not treated! :errrr:

I didn't realize they were so closely related. I do know that your thyroid affects pretty much every system in your body so I guess I'm not surprised I just didn't know anything specifically regarding problems with that and affecting your fertility. Has your doctor checked your TSH level? If you do need treatment for it, it's a very simple fix and can cause a world of difference. My dad had thyroid cancer several years ago so the year after that at my annual physical, my doctor felt that my thyroid was a little larger and had me get bloodwork as well so now I need to be on thyroid replacement. It's not a big deal at all and it's actually extremely common.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357698266|3350877 said:
I didn't realize they were so closely related. I do know that your thyroid affects pretty much every system in your body so I guess I'm not surprised I just didn't know anything specifically regarding problems with that and affecting your fertility. Has your doctor checked your TSH level? If you do need treatment for it, it's a very simple fix and can cause a world of difference. My dad had thyroid cancer several years ago so the year after that at my annual physical, my doctor felt that my thyroid was a little larger and had me get bloodwork as well so now I need to be on thyroid replacement. It's not a big deal at all and it's actually extremely common.
I've had my TSH level done lots. It's been whacky - mostly a teency bit high, some borderline readings, and most recently a normal reading. Thing is, my free t3 and t4 have always been normal. The 'free' or circulating thyroid hormones are a large indicator of whether or not you really have thyroid disease. Also, my anti-tpo tests negative (which means I don't have hashimoto's thyroiditis - the most common cause of hypothyroidism). I'm basically a total weirdo when it comes to my thyroid. A few times that my TSH was above normal I had some weigh gain, fatigue, and other symptoms, so my GPs would try and treat me with synthroid. Well, I'd tolerate it for about 6 weeks before feeling more hyperthyroid - racing heart, anxiety, heart palpitations, etc. So I'd quit. I haven't taken it in a really long time now (and my last TSH was normal). If I ever do need something, I will try a natural supplement like dessicated thyoid or kelp first.

Phewf. Sorry about the TMI. I'm a nurse so when I get talking about health it kinda goes overboard. :lol:

Edit: ALSO... interestingly enough... a few years ago I switched nearly everything I use to natural products. One change I made was to stop using Colgate Total. It contains triclosan, which is a well-known antiseptic and just happens to be a hormone disruptor. It was about 6-8 months after that when I had my thyroid lab work repeated. And my TSH was normal. Finally. After 7-8 years of madness.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1357699484|3350908 said:
I've had my TSH level done lots. It's been whacky - mostly a teency bit high, some borderline readings, and most recently a normal reading. Thing is, my free t3 and t4 have always been normal. The 'free' or circulating thyroid hormones are a large indicator of whether or not you really have thyroid disease. Also, my anti-tpo tests negative (which means I don't have hashimoto's thyroiditis - the most common cause of hypothyroidism). I'm basically a total weirdo when it comes to my thyroid. A few times that my TSH was above normal I had some weigh gain, fatigue, and other symptoms, so my GPs would try and treat me with synthroid. Well, I'd tolerate it for about 6 weeks before feeling more hyperthyroid - racing heart, anxiety, heart palpitations, etc. So I'd quit. I haven't taken it in a really long time now (and my last TSH was normal). If I ever do need something, I will try a natural supplement like dessicated thyoid or kelp first.

Phewf. Sorry about the TMI. I'm a nurse so when I get talking about health it kinda goes overboard. :lol:

Edit: ALSO... interestingly enough... a few years ago I switched nearly everything I use to natural products. One change I made was to stop using Colgate Total. It contains triclosan, which is a well-known antiseptic and just happens to be a hormone disruptor. It was about 6-8 months after that when I had my thyroid lab work repeated. And my TSH was normal. Finally. After 7-8 years of madness.

Hm, you truly are an interesting case! haha I am in pharmacy so I get what you mean about going overboard sometimes. It's hard to tone it down to lay-people speak sometimes. So for you, sounds like you just need to avoid those triggers and hopefully you won't have any problems?

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357703776|3350959 said:
lin_ny|1357699484|3350908 said:

Hm, you truly are an interesting case! haha I am in pharmacy so I get what you mean about going overboard sometimes. It's hard to tone it down to lay-people speak sometimes. So for you, sounds like you just need to avoid those triggers and hopefully you won't have any problems?
Yeah, I've felt pretty good but have my moments. A lot I think are related to my 'cycle' and being 'another' kind of hormonal. :knockout:

Are you a pharmacist? Seems like a cool job. Sometimes I get tired of dealing with patients and I'd just like to deal with inanimate objects for a change! :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LibbyLA|1357694726|3350813 said:
You'll want to check with someone who's up on tax laws, but I'm pretty sure you can't deduct something for which you get something in return. You're renting the venue, not making a donation to the organization that runs it. Now maybe if you pay more than the going rate, you can deduct the excess...

It's a beautiful venue.

liz

Thanks Liz! But yeah, it is on it's website under the costs that it is a tax deductible charge. I believe they do count it as a donation to the facility.

Wedding Cost
Your wedding contribution includes the use of the Chapel for two hours, the Chapel Minister, wedding staff to guide your rehearsal, wedding music (played by the Chapel keyboardist), candles on the altar and your conferences.

Friday Special - Friday weddings are now $2,700.
Reserve the 8 PM wedding on Friday and receive complimentary candle aisle sconces!
The cost of a wedding during the weekend is $2,900 (Saturday – Sunday) and during the weekdays it is $2,200 (Monday – Thursday).

All contributions are tax-deductible.

:confused: Maybe it's counted as a mandatory donation? Lol. Shrug.

But I'm not sure how much $ we would save on our taxes, dollar-for-dollar, and if it's worth it vs. finding a cheaper option.

Chewbacca said:
LOVE that venue at nighttime! :love:

I wanna talk DIY because it is my crack, will be back for that. Also: I think I'll be trailing behind you ladies timelines, but I want in on the budget comp!

Never too early to start on DIY projects! What are some things you have planned? Now that I'm talking about it with you ladies, I think I'm going to go buy some gold spray paint so I can get my table # frames ready first :)) Then I'll work on those paper flowers…. eventually…. one day…. hehe.

pandabee said:

Well...like we talked about in HP's intro thread, Chinese culture actually has it so that the whole wedding is planned before the engagement! So we are doing it okay I think! :naughty:

I haven't thought too much about decorations...idk that's not really my big thing I guess. I like paper lanterns for how they look and the stories associated with them. I want to get those HUGE white lilies and use those as my main decoration. I recently also learned they are the main flower in Chinese weddings because the name sounds very similar to "hundred years together" so I thought that was really neat! Plus they are my favorite.

I'm totally game for DIYing as many paper goods as I can. I used to scrapbook so I think that stuff would be so much fun! And rubber stamps!

As for food, no idea. I <3 food though (like you) so I don't want to disappoint on this aspect!!!

Writing this post though, I realize I really don't have all that much planned so maybe I'm not so crazy hehe. I think once I move past the dresses I can come up with more ideas for decoration and stuff. But I think that's also because the decor and food is more dependent on how many people you plan to have and where it'll all be. Which is COMPLETELY up in the air, vs. I know I will be wearing a white dress and I know I will ask at least 3 of my closest friends to be BMs.

Okay, fine, you're not that crazy, only I am :wink2: Have you at least chosen colors? That way you can start collecting random stuff you find that fits the bill. One idea that I loveeee is a vintage shabby chic, Anthropolgie-inspired event. That way you can just collect mismatched tea sets and plates and cups, and pay peanuts for them since they're solo items. Thrift shops! Eek! Am I allowed to have 5 weddings, so I can just decorate them? :lol:

Stamps are perfect, since you can use them for addressing all envelopes after, too! I love those awesome modern calligraphy ones on Etsy!

Alright, go back to your ooeygooey conversation about uteruses!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1357704553|3350979 said:
Yeah, I've felt pretty good but have my moments. A lot I think are related to my 'cycle' and being 'another' kind of hormonal. :knockout:

Are you a pharmacist? Seems like a cool job. Sometimes I get tired of dealing with patients and I'd just like to deal with inanimate objects for a change! :lol:

Almost! 4 months til my degree and I suppose 5-6 until I am official! :bigsmile: Cannot wait. And you would be surprised...I mostly deal with people all day, not inanimate objects!!

madelise|1357706425|3351004 said:
Wedding Cost
Your wedding contribution includes the use of the Chapel for two hours, the Chapel Minister, wedding staff to guide your rehearsal, wedding music (played by the Chapel keyboardist), candles on the altar and your conferences.

Friday Special - Friday weddings are now $2,700.
Reserve the 8 PM wedding on Friday and receive complimentary candle aisle sconces!
The cost of a wedding during the weekend is $2,900 (Saturday – Sunday) and during the weekdays it is $2,200 (Monday – Thursday).

All contributions are tax-deductible.

:confused: Maybe it's counted as a mandatory donation? Lol. Shrug.

But I'm not sure how much $ we would save on our taxes, dollar-for-dollar, and if it's worth it vs. finding a cheaper option.
That is so awesome!!! I have no idea of price comparison for venues but that sounds like an amazing deal.

Okay, fine, you're not that crazy, only I am :wink2: Have you at least chosen colors? That way you can start collecting random stuff you find that fits the bill. One idea that I loveeee is a vintage shabby chic, Anthropolgie-inspired event. That way you can just collect mismatched tea sets and plates and cups, and pay peanuts for them since they're solo items. Thrift shops! Eek! Am I allowed to have 5 weddings, so I can just decorate them? :lol:

Stamps are perfect, since you can use them for addressing all envelopes after, too! I love those awesome modern calligraphy ones on Etsy!

Alright, go back to your ooeygooey conversation about uteruses!

Yes! I want Tiffany blue for sure. I love the orange lilies (not sure of the official name, I keep meaning to google which species that is although there are many varieties) so I dream of that light dreamy turquoise with a few orange accents. I don't even like orange that much, but I think it would look very happy with the turquoise. I found some dresses at j. crew in that color already! Haven't seen them irl but the color on my monitor shows up the exact shade I want. Only problem is they are $250 and idk if that color will still be in stock when they go on sale. But it's neat that they have different designs and I can just have my girls choose whichever style they want but all be the same color. I love the idea of a vintage shabby chic event...especially because I feel like my wedding will either involve a barn or a gazebo! :lol:

Yes, those scripty calligraphy ones are exactly what I am picturing! I just don't know how the stamps are supposed to read...since I plan on changing my last name after we're married, but I want to be able to reuse the stamp after we're married, how should that work? :???:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1357770635|3351582 said:
Yes, those scripty calligraphy ones are exactly what I am picturing! I just don't know how the stamps are supposed to read...since I plan on changing my last name after we're married, but I want to be able to reuse the stamp after we're married, how should that work? :???:

Turquoise + orange sound so fun! I love the color orange :naughty: It's a lovely showy color that isn't overused and abused. Perfect for sports cars and Hermes bags :wink2: and perfect for weddings. Not even close to being overplayed at all.

For the stamps, can you just get it to say "Firstname + Firstname"? Without any last names? I like my first name big, fat, and in your face, with the address smaller. If I wanted to add my last + his last, it would force the font size for our names to shrink, :(sad An Idea?

Like this? http://www.etsy.com/listing/9422560...ry&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

lkc84

Rough_Rock
madelise|1357774310|3351636 said:

Turquoise + orange sound so fun! I love the color orange :naughty: It's a lovely showy color that isn't overused and abused. Perfect for sports cars and Hermes bags :wink2: and perfect for weddings. Not even close to being overplayed at all.

For the stamps, can you just get it to say "Firstname + Firstname"? Without any last names? I like my first name big, fat, and in your face, with the address smaller. If I wanted to add my last + his last, it would force the font size for our names to shrink, :(sad An Idea?

Like this? http://www.etsy.com/listing/9422560...ry&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

I actually bought a stamp from that seller!! It turned out great. I got "my first name" + "his first name" with our address underneath for the exact reason you mentioned...I wanted to use it after I change my name! I broke it out for our Christmas cards this year because I couldn't wait to use it :D

Turquoise and orange sounds so fun and happy! I am thinking of using either turquoise and poppy red or navy and poppy red.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I really want one of those rubber stamps too! But I think I'll have to wait until we own a home so I know my address won't change. Also: I love the tiffany blue + orange colour match.

Huh? You you mean a silhouette of yourself and SO? Or is this some lingo I don't get. :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1357780786|3351729 said:
I really want one of those rubber stamps too! But I think I'll have to wait until we own a home so I know my address won't change. Also: I love the tiffany blue + orange colour match.

Huh? You you mean a silhouette of yourself and SO? Or is this some lingo I don't get. :lol:

Maybe this:

http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-Cameo-Electronic-Cutting-Tool/dp/B005Y1CPSU

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Aw thanks ladies! Glad you all like my idea. Yes, I love that stamp!! I just didn't know whether it would be more appropriate to include the last name as well, but I guess this is the only way to do it so you can use it before and after.

lkc I had a friend who did turquoise and red (like the Tiffany boxes at Christmas :love: ) and it looked great!! I love navy too in weddings, so I think navy and poppy red would be stunning.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1357782610|3351756 said:

Maybe this:

Ahhh, that makes way more sense! FUN!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Almost! 4 months til my degree and I suppose 5-6 until I am official! :bigsmile: Cannot wait. And you would be surprised...I mostly deal with people all day, not inanimate objects!!
How exciting! Congrats in advance! You must be a smart cookie. :wink2:

Yeah, this is true. Pharmacists really teach all day!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1357784195|3351773 said:
mary poppins|1357782610|3351756 said:

Maybe this:

Ahhh, that makes way more sense! FUN!

YUP!!! Make invites, STDs, decorations, favor boxes… :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Total sidenote: I was browsing another message board for the first time and saw a thread called "Can I uninvite someone who's already gotten one of my STDs?" It was the first time I had seen "save the date" abbreviated like that, so I initially thought the poster was asking about her ...um... diseases....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results