color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1353164838|3308710 said:
Panda, that ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Wow! :love:

Little update for me:
Last night M and I (after a few drinks) somehow ended up on the subject about engagement and rings.
He said that he absolutely wants to marry me and has thought about rings, but he just doesn't even know where to begin with it all. He said "I know you're picky, and you change your mind a lot. So I'm going to let you pick out what you want. Then just show me." He likes three stone (as do I), and he assumed I wanted platinum, but I corrected him and firmly stated "No, white gold is fine!" His mom's ring is platinum, and she told me don't go that route, as hers has started to bend in places and lose it's shape.

So, I'm sitting here thinking how I'd LOVE the Verragio twisted shank, 3 stone princess cut but..... I know that's out of his price range. I'm going to have to compromise and find something more........... plain, and affordable.
He mentioned how in his FB newsfeed that some girl posted a pic of her ring, and he's like "It was so f*cking yellow, I felt embarrassed for her, for posting that!" And jokingly, I said "Well, maybe it was a colored stone, and not a diamond." He said "Oh no, it was a diamond. A very yellow, dingy diamond." It was just the way he said it, I just cracked up.

Anyway, the one thing I didn't get to was his thought on a timeline! *facepalm* :nono: I can't believe that. But, I'm happy that we at least were talking openly about rings and he didn't seem uncomfortable, nor did he try to change the subject (technically, I think he brought it up). It's a start, right?

ETA: He did say that he wouldn't buy from a mall store like Zales or Jared, which impressed me! He's so good when it comes to researching big purchases. He researched for a year before we bought out 55 inch bad @ss t.v. :praise: Such a good man!

:appl: YAY! That is AWESOME news! I have been following but not posting too much in this thread, school and work are sucking the life out of meee. I still think youve had awesome progress...he knows what a bad diamond looks like, he wont go to a mall store, and he knows you're picky so he wants you to be a part of it....maybe NEXT time you can discuss a timeline hehe! :mrgreen: My SO is the same way with "researching" electronics...and pretty much everything. I think you will end up with a GORGEOUS RING!

As for me, i'm still waiting! as of this month we have been living together just over a year. We went shopping the other day and obviously went into my favorite store :praise: (T&Co). We looked at some of the things i had on my xmas list, and good thing i did - because we didn't like any of the things on ME that we picked. The SA talked me into a nice ring (not diamonds, RHR), but i don't want to get flamed so i will keep it secret. LOL. Unfortunately, the LAST time we were in T&Co i really wanted him to try on a T&Co wedding band. It turned into a funny debaucle and it got stuck on his finger and me and my SA were laughing so hard... :lol: Anywho, so he wanted to try it on again....so we did...and now he says thats def the ring he wants when we get married...LOL. Crap. its 2400 bucks. I figure though, if i want a designer ring - then he deserves one too! He also saw a passport cover he liked for 145 :nono: i think i have changed my bf into a t&co addict like myself...whoops.

He likes to tell me 2013...but no indication of when. I know he's just waiting for money to be saved - so it's not that he doesn't want to do it - he just has to save the money. I don't.like.waiting. :twisted:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1353166725|3308733 said:
MBKRH|1353164838|3308710 said:
:appl: YAY! That is AWESOME news! I have been following but not posting too much in this thread, school and work are sucking the life out of meee. I still think youve had awesome progress...he knows what a bad diamond looks like, he wont go to a mall store, and he knows you're picky so he wants you to be a part of it....maybe NEXT time you can discuss a timeline hehe! :mrgreen: My SO is the same way with "researching" electronics...and pretty much everything. I think you will end up with a GORGEOUS RING!

As for me, i'm still waiting! as of this month we have been living together just over a year. We went shopping the other day and obviously went into my favorite store :praise: (T&Co). We looked at some of the things i had on my xmas list, and good thing i did - because we didn't like any of the things on ME that we picked. The SA talked me into a nice ring (not diamonds, RHR), but i don't want to get flamed so i will keep it secret. LOL. Unfortunately, the LAST time we were in T&Co i really wanted him to try on a T&Co wedding band. It turned into a funny debaucle and it got stuck on his finger and me and my SA were laughing so hard... :lol: Anywho, so he wanted to try it on again....so we did...and now he says thats def the ring he wants when we get married...LOL. Crap. its 2400 bucks. I figure though, if i want a designer ring - then he deserves one too! He also saw a passport cover he liked for 145 :nono: i think i have changed my bf into a t&co addict like myself...whoops.

He likes to tell me 2013...but no indication of when. I know he's just waiting for money to be saved - so it's not that he doesn't want to do it - he just has to save the money. I don't.like.waiting. :twisted:

Waiting is the WORST! I waited WAY too long with the ex and look how that ended up. SMH. At least there's progress to be made this time around; the ex and I never talked about anything ring related. He did buy me two RHR's (I lost the first one after a drinking all day event. I never got it sized, so it literally must have flew off my finger). But I was like "DUDE! Where's the e-ring already?!"

T&CO addicts, lol. Awwww, but at least he knows what kind of ring he wants, even if it's pricey!
Let's hope your time in 2013 isn't December 31, 2013! That would be agony. But I totally hear you on the money aspect. :nono:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise that's a lie and you know it!!! Only 1/3 ;-)

Thank you MBKRH! I think that's a great start...at least he knows not to go to a maul store!! And that he's done enough research that he knows when to turn it over to you.

LLC why would you get flamed for your RHR? I'm dying to know what is on you list!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1353197350|3309005 said:

Thank you MBKRH! I think that's a great start...at least he knows not to go to a maul store!! And that he's done enough research that he knows when to turn it over to you.

LLC why would you get flamed for your RHR? I'm dying to know what is on you list!!!

Um, yeah, I wanna know which RHR you're looking at! Is it the same one? The bubble/cabochon looking solitaire/stacker thingy?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Pandabee -- Squeeeee! I still love it! :) I'm so glad you guys got the perfect the, and PRELOVED! Loves me a deal!

MF - I really really hope it's soon! I know the bonus situation was disappointing, but at least you guys have open lines of communication. It will happen and it will be wonderful!

MKBRH - what progress!! Too bad you forgot to mention timelines while he was being chatty! Hopefully he'll bring it up again soon so you can try to get some more info!

LLC - 2013 could be very soon or very not so soon...I'm really hoping for soon! And yes! Spill on the RHR!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1353197786|3309021 said:

Um, yeah, I wanna know which RHR you're looking at! Is it the same one? The bubble/cabochon looking solitaire/stacker thingy?

Whoops, that sounded mean. Didn't mean it to sound so snarky-ish. It should have been written like,
"Um, YEAH?! I wanna know which RHR you're looking at! :bigsmile: :naughty: The cabochon colored stone solitaire-stacker?"

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1353204555|3309093 said:
MKBRH - what progress!! Too bad you forgot to mention timelines while he was being chatty! Hopefully he'll bring it up again soon so you can try to get some more info!

I'm working on that tonight. :Up_to_something: Well, we'll see. I don't wanna overload him... we talked quite a bit last night. But if the timing and mood are right, I'll give it a shot.

audball

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1353214346|3309187 said:
audball|1353204555|3309093 said:

I'm working on that tonight. :Up_to_something: Well, we'll see. I don't wanna overload him... we talked quite a bit last night. But if the timing and mood are right, I'll give it a shot.
I was glad to read that it went well!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

The sugar stack rings are out...SO hates them even tho I tried them on again lol...

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+5-p+1-c+578594-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Let me be clear, I know it's mixed with copper...I know it's a total "rip off", but it is limited to 2012 stock and will never be back again (it's for the 175th anni). I tried it on and we both LOVED the color of the metal on my skin. I own so much Tiffany's silver stuff that we thought it would be nice for me to own something "limited" that's different from everything else I own....and did I mention I don't have to pay for it? Lol

:twisted:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy|1353449539|3311386 said:

The sugar stack rings are out...SO hates them even tho I tried them on again lol...

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+5-p+1-c+578594-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Let me be clear, I know it's mixed with copper...I know it's a total "rip off", but it is limited to 2012 stock and will never be back again (it's for the 175th anni). I tried it on and we both LOVED the color of the metal on my skin. I own so much Tiffany's silver stuff that we thought it would be nice for me to own something "limited" that's different from everything else I own....and did I mention I don't have to pay for it? Lol

You don't have to justify yourself! You've already warned that it wasn't going to be a popular PS choice :bigsmile: Buy what makes you happy! And accept whatever your BF buys you :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm def not one to argue gifts, ever! :naughty:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1353449539|3311386 said:

Oh I read all that before I clicked on the link because I thought the link was to the sugar stack rings and I was going to say, you should try the rubedo stuff! No I think that's really cool actually...yay for variety!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1353451284|3311415 said:
Oh I read all that before I clicked on the link because I thought the link was to the sugar stack rings and I was going to say, you should try the rubedo stuff! No I think that's really cool actually...yay for variety!!

I would never pay for it...but the rubedo always intrigued me...after getting talked into trying it on, I loved it. I don't care if it was made out of tin foil...I just love the color on my skin haha. :saint:

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely LLC! :) No need to explain yourself!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Can I come in and pout for a second? I worked 80 hours last week and didn't get to talk to SO much. We haven't seen each other in a month because of work (having schedules like ours really complicates this LDR thing!), and we won't be able to see each other for a while longer. :((

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lktx|1353549132|3312601 said:
Can I come in and pout for a second? I worked 80 hours last week and didn't get to talk to SO much. We haven't seen each other in a month because of work (having schedules like ours really complicates this LDR thing!), and we won't be able to see each other for a while longer. :((

:( I'm sorry! I can relate...when I was abroad for my rotation last month, it was so hard to keep in touch with SO especially with the 12 hour time difference. Obviously not the same as LDR the whole time, but just sayin "I feel ya girl!!!" It helps to stay busy, but after a while it is definitely tiring. When is the next time you can see each other? Do you guys skype or FaceTime?

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhh lktx *hugs* I'm so sorry. That has to be so frustrating, to say the least! I give you credit for making your LDR work- it's part of the process, unfortunately to have to try and juggle schedules and times to catch up.
Don't ever feel bad for pouting/venting, etc........... that's what we're here for.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:( I'm sorry. We both used to work crazy hrs like that too, so I feel ya :(
Will you guys have the holidays to spend together?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving!!! :appl: What're you doing to celebrate?

This is the first year we're not doing anything traditional. I'm way too tired with studying, and cannot invest a lot of time to prep and cook this year.. so my cousins, sister and I are just taking out our ol' Taiwanese hot pot, and buying some shabu shabu ingredients. We're having the most Asian Thanksgiving ever. Hah! Easy cooking, easy cleaning, and I'm back to my studying!

You?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1353607726|3312956 said:
Happy Thanksgiving!!! :appl: What're you doing to celebrate?

This is the first year we're not doing anything traditional. I'm way too tired with studying, and cannot invest a lot of time to prep and cook this year.. so my cousins, sister and I are just taking out our ol' Taiwanese hot pot, and buying some shabu shabu ingredients. We're having the most Asian Thanksgiving ever. Hah! Easy cooking, easy cleaning, and I'm back to my studying!

You?

Yummy!!! I love hot pot thanksgivings. In years past my family does both a hot pot AND all the typical American thanksgiving foods. My family loves to eat!!!

This year I am with SO in his hometown..finally met the parents!! It's been very chill so far.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
M's family is doing a non-traditional turkey day, too.

Chicken Paprikash with homemade dumplings, I made antipasto kabobs for an appetizer, someone's bringing a salad.... no turkey, no green bean casserole, canned cranberry slices, etc........... I LOVE IT!

I think that's why I dislike Thanksgiving so much. You eat the same food. Every year. It's so predictable. And I really don't care for traditional Thanksgiving food. I eat it out of respect for the cook.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Love your thanksgiving foods ladies!

Andrew and I celebrated with my family yesterday, all the traditional food.

HIs family all had different things going on today so they didn't get together this year. So! We spend the day at home. We got up, had festive muffins for breakfast, caught up on our favorite shows off the DVR, listened to Christmas music while we decorated our little apartment with our Christmas stuff, made dinner together, and are about to cuddle up and watch Christmas movies with hot cocoa!

We made non-traditional food today as well, home made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits....Mmmm. Best yet, we have leftovers to make chicken biscuits for breakfast!

KuipersBelt

Rough_Rock
I think after a difference of 6 hours and a long conversation by webcam and microphone last night, I got some precious infos from my SO he teased me saying he was in NY and he has two surprises for me, one I could get from him one entire week sailing with him just us, the other one he is keeping for himself he just let me know both things will suprise me... oh my! I can sense something in the air, to not break the moment I said I really want to be in US before my birthday next year, he told me he has something for that too.
As I need to manage the whole process of sell my house, get a Visa on my passport and finally get married here in my country it will be a small ceremony, then back to papers finally as Mrs. ... he will fill the necessary papers to get me the visa as a married woman yay, sadly for that he need to take vacations and it explains a short honeymoon, my daughter in law- to be and & his best friend will travel with him to the ceremony and spend some days here.

Can I dare to say he bought me something :errrr: aw sad he doesn't know my finger's size and please lord don't want a brilliant I love cushions :twirl:

He is not aware that I made contact with the designer of the wedding bands they will be my surprise for him as soon as I get in US, because my country considers importation on objects above fifthy usd ridiculous I know, she said she can make the rings comfort fit mine will be in platinum because I am a disaster and don't like to remove my jewelry to take a shower for instance, his wedding band will be in white gold, the designer is a sweet person and promptly answered my doubts.

Now I have to think about a gift for my step-daughter-to-be she is our matchmaker and if now I am happy again and knowing there's a new future to begin is because of her, they wanted me to the Thanksgiving and are upset about Xmas because I can't be with them.
I will add the pic of her possible gift is a necklace made in silver with a nice chain and a pendant as a rose with a tiny brilliant, then now again the groomsmen need a gift too, I know he has a expensive taste so I am going to find cufflinks to match his taste, my SO don't want me spending money, just told him I have surprises but I need to be there. He is deadly curious :Up_to_something:

We want to start a foundation to help people with problems in order to eat properly and also get attention to other problems of these people, so my option for a pair of wedding bands that don't draw much attention, this option is the same for both of us. But he likes bracelets and is always wearing something with leather searched a lot and nothing to find a different design but no success yet.
Any ideas? I saw a Medusa with onyx beads and silver with two tiny diamonds ... the price seems reasonable please tell me if it too much.

I need to give credits to Kristina dunno if it is allowed if not please edit and remove her address on Etsy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TinkenJewelry

ran out of options for groomsmen

thanks for the suggestions, hugs :wavey:

hergift.jpg

medusa.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Awww.... So sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to spend lots of time together very soon. :(sad

I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving.

SO and I had an early thanksgiving meal with my family and we are back to wrok today for 6 hours and then on to a relaxing weekend. Unfortuantley, his family lives 4 hours away and with us having to work today it wasnt feasible to go back there. Hopefully soon we can.

Anyone black friday shopping?

I have been doing online shopping and getting awesome deals so I am pretty stoked about that and I used to work retail so that took all the fun right out of shopping at 4am. :tongue:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1353673460|3313240 said:

Awww.... So sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to spend lots of time together very soon. :(sad

I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving.

SO and I had an early thanksgiving meal with my family and we are back to wrok today for 6 hours and then on to a relaxing weekend. Unfortuantley, his family lives 4 hours away and with us having to work today it wasnt feasible to go back there. Hopefully soon we can.

Anyone black friday shopping?

I have been doing online shopping and getting awesome deals so I am pretty stoked about that and I used to work retail so that took all the fun right out of shopping at 4am. :tongue:

Not me. I got paid today, but since I'm paid bi-weekly, this check goes towards rent and a few leftover bills. So I'll be left with $200 maybe, before next payday. I'm not upset though, as I have no clue what M wants, or anyone else for that matter.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We've been working HARD to pay down debt. We both had some credit card debt from unexpected expenses (nothing frivolous) and we're so close to having it gone. We both faced some expensive car repairs and I was still paying off expenses from moving and having to furnish my new place after my break up with the ex (I pretty much left him everything just to get away as unscathed as possible).

So like you all, we're pay the bills, put as much as possible towards the debt, and have very little left between paychecks.

On the plus side, it shows how strong we are and how committed we both are to living as debt free as we can. With so little left, too, we do better at not eating out and save money by eating at home and grocery shopping together.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lktx - I hope you are able to see your SO ASAP!

Today is our MONTHiversary! :lol: I remember a thread about anniversaries, and I know some of you LIW's notice each month! We always say 'Happy 27th' to each other. Today is 5 years, 11 months. 8-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1353963485|3315894 said:
lktx - I hope you are able to see your SO ASAP!

Today is our MONTHiversary! :lol: I remember a thread about anniversaries, and I know some of you LIW's notice each month! We always say 'Happy 27th' to each other. Today is 5 years, 11 months. 8-)
Happy Monthiversary Chewy!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Squeeeee!!! My bf and I found an OEC on JbEG that looks awesome and after I contacted Erica to get more info, I handed her over to my BF as he was going to be paying for it. Well, this of course has led me to obsessively checking the JbEG site EVERY DAY to see if the diamond is on hold. Guess what? TODAY IS THAT DAY! The diamond is on hold so now I just have to wait for it to arrive! I really hope I LOVE this OEC in person.

I feel so weird, excited, nervous, butterflies in my stomach - I can't believe this is real!

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's amazing maccers! Can you show us which stone it is since it's now on HOLD!?!?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results