shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Caprine! How are you doing? I saw you posting on some other topics. I hope things are looking up for you!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1352741494|3304211 said:
Caprine! How are you doing? I saw you posting on some other topics. I hope things are looking up for you!

Ditto. How has everything been, Miss Goats? :) :wavey:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I did a bit of an Audball-esque line of questioning on SO and I definitely won't be coming off LIW while I'm 24!

Bring on end of March. :lickout:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1352767172|3304836 said:
I did a bit of an Audball-esque line of questioning on SO and I definitely won't be coming off LIW while I'm 24!

Hahah, audballesque. Love IT! So did you get an ending timeframe or just an earliest? March will be here before you know it!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1352767172|3304836 said:

I'm turning 25 at the end of March, too! When's your birthday? I'm the 30th! :wavey:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Audball, it was just an earliest! Methinks (KNOWS) he is super weary of my YOUTH, ha ha! I can't believe how soon March actually is!

madelise, GET OUTTA TOWN GIRL, WE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1352768926|3304875 said:
Audball, it was just an earliest! Methinks (KNOWS) he is super weary of my YOUTH, ha ha! I can't believe how soon March actually is!

BOSCHITZ. What're the chances? LOL! YOUZ AN EASTER BABY TOO, THEN!!!! OUR 25th will be on Easter weekend! I've been DYING for it to land on our birthday, exact date, since 1997. The next time we will be Easter bunnies will be when we turn 71!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1352770184|3304894 said:
Chewbacca|1352768926|3304875 said:

BOSCHITZ. What're the chances? LOL! YOUZ AN EASTER BABY TOO, THEN!!!! OUR 25th will be on Easter weekend! I've been DYING for it to land on our birthday, exact date, since 1997. The next time we will be Easter bunnies will be when we turn 71!

I totally had Easter eggs on my birthday cake in 1997! I noticed that we landed Easter weekend again, nothing like a four day weekend to say Happy Birthday!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww, birthday twins!

My adorable baby niece has a March 31st birthday! She's close to you guys, though just turning 3!

I will be 26 in less than 3 weeks. I'm officially going to no longer be in my "mid 20s". I'm going to be in my "late 20s". Waah. ;(

Haha, I'm not really upset about it at all, but everyone keeps telling me that I'm getting old! Boo. Andrew will be turning 26 not far behind me...just over a month to go for him! Yeah...I'm a cradle robber ;-) (I kid!).

princesss

Ideal_Rock
audball|1352814597|3305247 said:
Aww, birthday twins!

My adorable baby niece has a March 31st birthday! She's close to you guys, though just turning 3!

I will be 26 in less than 3 weeks. I'm officially going to no longer be in my "mid 20s". I'm going to be in my "late 20s". Waah. ;(

Haha, I'm not really upset about it at all, but everyone keeps telling me that I'm getting old! Boo. Andrew will be turning 26 not far behind me...just over a month to go for him! Yeah...I'm a cradle robber ;-) (I kid!).

Nah, 26 is still mid-twenties!

20-23 = early twenties
24-26 = mid twenties
27-29 = late twenties

(Says the girl panicking about being in her late 20s starting next May. BF will be 27 the next time I see him.)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with princesss, 26 is totally mid-twenties! Ya' cradle robber. :wink2:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late 20's but SO is going on the big 35 next year. I love to tease him about how I will make sure to find him a nice assisted living home one day and how by statistics, women live longer...sooooo I might even have time for a 2nd husband...lol! I kid I kid :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1352838178|3305617 said:

20-23 = early twenties
24-26 = mid twenties
27-29 = late twenties

(Says the girl panicking about being in her late 20s starting next May. BF will be 27 the next time I see him.)
Hahah, NICE! Everyone around me says 20-24 is early, 25 is mid, and 26-29 is late! And you don't look like you are anything close to your late 20s! No worries on that front!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1352840322|3305643 said:
I agree with princesss, 26 is totally mid-twenties! Ya' cradle robber. :wink2:
Tee hee...he's only 2 1/2 weeks younger than I am! Haha.

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1352843819|3305695 said:
I'm late 20's but SO is going on the big 35 next year. I love to tease him about how I will make sure to find him a nice assisted living home one day and how by statistics, women live longer...sooooo I might even have time for a 2nd husband...lol! I kid I kid :Up_to_something:
Hahhaah. :lol:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
audball|1352900281|3306225 said:

20-23 = early twenties
24-26 = mid twenties
27-29 = late twenties

Hahah, NICE! Everyone around me says 20-24 is early, 25 is mid, and 26-29 is late! And you don't look like you are anything close to your late 20s! No worries on that front!

Aww, thank you! It's weird, I freaked out a lot about 25, but late twenties is a lot easier for me to swallow. I met a lot of my closest friends when they were in their late 20s and they were so cool when I met them that it doesn't stress me out.

Now, 30? We're not even going to talk about that for about 10 more years.

lkc84

Rough_Rock
princesss|1352916354|3306448 said:
audball|1352900281|3306225 said:

20-23 = early twenties
24-26 = mid twenties
27-29 = late twenties

Aww, thank you! It's weird, I freaked out a lot about 25, but late twenties is a lot easier for me to swallow. I met a lot of my closest friends when they were in their late 20s and they were so cool when I met them that it doesn't stress me out.

Ah...you youngins! ;-) I will be 29 this March...solidly late twenties. I am starting to freak out a bit about the big 3-0. I'm a March baby too, just at the other end of the month (5th). I actually got mistaken for being in high school yesterday, so I guess I look young. Score!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, birthday twins!

20-23 = early twenties
24-26 = mid twenties
27-29 = late twenties

THANK YOU! I needed to hear this. I have been 26 for 2 weeks and am officially going through a Quater-Life Crisis. Ugh! I feel old. I kid. BUT on the upside, SO is 31... so he is the cradle robber in this duo. Tehehehe. :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1352916354|3306448 said:

No problem! I'm not the least bit freaked out about getting older (yet, anyway). I'm actually quite looking forward to our 30s. I feel like we'll have more means to do nicer things and we'll be MARRIED and I just imagine it being totally awesome.

Now 40+....yeah...not ready to imagine that just yet!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, birthday twins!

As a current 26 year old, it's not so bad! :) I definitely feel older when I'm around my younger siblings, even my older sister who is only 27, since she already has a 15 month old baby. SO is turning 30 next April and I can't wait to plan his birthday party! We both agree that your true age is really how you FEEL, mentally, emotionally, physically. We probably won't be buying a house, or thinking about babies, or even getting our first car together until I'm in my early 30s, but I really feel happy with where I am in my life at my age. I don't have a real job yet, and tons of debt to pay off, but I've had so many great experiences, met so many different people, and met the love of my life! So I'd have to say it's pretty good. As much as I appreciate my early 20s and figuring out who I was, I would never go back! I feel so much more secure about my life now and where it's heading. And I have tons more to look forward to!

audball

Ideal_Rock
sweetpea&babycorn|1352942385|3306819 said:
As a current 26 year old, it's not so bad! :) I definitely feel older when I'm around my younger siblings, even my older sister who is only 27, since she already has a 15 month old baby. SO is turning 30 next April and I can't wait to plan his birthday party! We both agree that your true age is really how you FEEL, mentally, emotionally, physically. We probably won't be buying a house, or thinking about babies, or even getting our first car together until I'm in my early 30s, but I really feel happy with where I am in my life at my age. I don't have a real job yet, and tons of debt to pay off, but I've had so many great experiences, met so many different people, and met the love of my life! So I'd have to say it's pretty good. As much as I appreciate my early 20s and figuring out who I was, I would never go back! I feel so much more secure about my life now and where it's heading. And I have tons more to look forward to!
I couldn't agree more! I definitely wouldn't go back to my early 20s either!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
okay I lied. I don't want to do a proper SMTB thread yet until it's completely mine hehe. and I figured this thread was more appropriate to post it...

so like I spilled the beans over in the timelines thread, SO and I do have a ring...thank you PS preloved!
1.13 G SI1 AVC in a platinum Tacori 2620 :love: :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
OMG PANDA! It is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

You have been holding out on us!

Swoon! :lickout:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
PANDABEE!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Gorgeous!! :love: :love:

You are such a sneak! HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD IT! Where is it now? Does your SO love it? NEED MORE.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
thanks antiquesparkler and Chewbacca! ::) We've had it since the end of September haha. It was easy to not think about it last month because I was out of the country but now that I'm back (and I actually still am in possession of it because it needs sized and hopefully I can get the prongs redone), I have been secretly wearing it when I'm alone...like in my room or in my car OOPS. He likes it but really doesn't know anything or care about diamonds; he knows I am very picky and that he didn't want to get something expensive that I wouldn't like, so I kinda just took the reins. When I saw the listing on preloved, I talked to him about it and we decided to go ahead and get it even though we don't want to get married just yet. We are a pretty unconventional and backwards couple to begin with, so it only made sense that this process was a little backwards as well! :lickout:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1352660838|3303449 said:
YAY ON THE MOVE, MF!! CONGRATS AGAIN!
and congrats for your SO getting his promotion!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

That's all wonderful news for you two! I really hope for you that this means you'll be off the list, soon! How is he enjoying not having to interact with mom for a week? He's hitting all his goals he wanted for engagement, so that should def be sneakily around the corner! Do you think he'd keep you out of the loop, to surprise you?

This is all too exciting for you!

I know he wants it to be a surprise. So, I'm on my toes all the time, but also trying not to get my hopes up too much! It has been so awesome not having to see or talk to his mom. I stopped by a week after we left to get a few things we had left and to see if BF had gotten any mail. She hadn't even checked her PO Box even though she bugged me for a week before we left to get the key to it back from me. We are probably going back this weekend to get the boat and hopefully go check the PO Box again because she has probably checked it like once. He is feeling better about it all too. It's just been such a relief to finally be free from her.

pandabee, OMG!!!!! That ring is simply amazing! I know I would definitely wear it around too! :devil:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1353022308|3307525 said:
thanks antiquesparkler and Chewbacca! ::) We've had it since the end of September haha. It was easy to not think about it last month because I was out of the country but now that I'm back (and I actually still am in possession of it because it needs sized and hopefully I can get the prongs redone), I have been secretly wearing it when I'm alone...like in my room or in my car OOPS. He likes it but really doesn't know anything or care about diamonds; he knows I am very picky and that he didn't want to get something expensive that I wouldn't like, so I kinda just took the reins. When I saw the listing on preloved, I talked to him about it and we decided to go ahead and get it even though we don't want to get married just yet. We are a pretty unconventional and backwards couple to begin with, so it only made sense that this process was a little backwards as well! :lickout:

UM, moar pics, nao!!! Did you realize that this diamond covers over 50% of your finger real estate?!?!?! :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayFlowers|1353027853|3307598 said:
madelise|1352660838|3303449 said:
YAY ON THE MOVE, MF!! CONGRATS AGAIN!
and congrats for your SO getting his promotion!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

That's all wonderful news for you two! I really hope for you that this means you'll be off the list, soon! How is he enjoying not having to interact with mom for a week? He's hitting all his goals he wanted for engagement, so that should def be sneakily around the corner! Do you think he'd keep you out of the loop, to surprise you?

This is all too exciting for you!

I know he wants it to be a surprise. So, I'm on my toes all the time, but also trying not to get my hopes up too much! It has been so awesome not having to see or talk to his mom. I stopped by a week after we left to get a few things we had left and to see if BF had gotten any mail. She hadn't even checked her PO Box even though she bugged me for a week before we left to get the key to it back from me. We are probably going back this weekend to get the boat and hopefully go check the PO Box again because she has probably checked it like once. He is feeling better about it all too. It's just been such a relief to finally be free from her.

pandabee, OMG!!!!! That ring is simply amazing! I know I would definitely wear it around too! :devil:

Ugh, my mom's just like that. She did it to be annoying, to be in your way, and to make a statement.. even though she didn't really care for the key at the moment. Can you go to the local USPS to have the mail written to his name forwarded to your new house? I'm glad he's happier now. :bigsmile:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
madelise said:
Ugh, my mom's just like that. She did it to be annoying, to be in your way, and to make a statement.. even though she didn't really care for the key at the moment. Can you go to the local USPS to have the mail written to his name forwarded to your new house? I'm glad he's happier now. :bigsmile:

I'm glad he's happier too. :)
We are having his mail forwarded to our new address now. We didn't do it until about a week ago though. So, there is still some mail that went there. Hopefully, it will all come here from now on and hopefully she didn't throw anything of his away.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Panda, that ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Wow! :love:

Little update for me:
Last night M and I (after a few drinks) somehow ended up on the subject about engagement and rings.
He said that he absolutely wants to marry me and has thought about rings, but he just doesn't even know where to begin with it all. He said "I know you're picky, and you change your mind a lot. So I'm going to let you pick out what you want. Then just show me." He likes three stone (as do I), and he assumed I wanted platinum, but I corrected him and firmly stated "No, white gold is fine!" His mom's ring is platinum, and she told me don't go that route, as hers has started to bend in places and lose it's shape.

So, I'm sitting here thinking how I'd LOVE the Verragio twisted shank, 3 stone princess cut but..... I know that's out of his price range. I'm going to have to compromise and find something more........... plain, and affordable.
He mentioned how in his FB newsfeed that some girl posted a pic of her ring, and he's like "It was so f*cking yellow, I felt embarrassed for her, for posting that!" And jokingly, I said "Well, maybe it was a colored stone, and not a diamond." He said "Oh no, it was a diamond. A very yellow, dingy diamond." It was just the way he said it, I just cracked up.

Anyway, the one thing I didn't get to was his thought on a timeline! *facepalm* :nono: I can't believe that. But, I'm happy that we at least were talking openly about rings and he didn't seem uncomfortable, nor did he try to change the subject (technically, I think he brought it up). It's a start, right?

ETA: He did say that he wouldn't buy from a mall store like Zales or Jared, which impressed me! He's so good when it comes to researching big purchases. He researched for a year before we bought out 55 inch bad @ss t.v. :praise: Such a good man!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results