shape
carat
color
clarity

Updated Celebrity Rings!!!

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Amal Alamuddin's ring from George Clooney. Love the split prongs and rectangular shape of the EC. STUNNING.

image_1628.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
this is really making me want an EC sooooo badly!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1398870085|3663541 said:
this is really making me want an EC sooooo badly!
Ugh right! I just knew that's exactly how her ring would look.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redroze|1398867580|3663526 said:
Amal Alamuddin's ring from George Clooney. Love the split prongs and rectangular shape of the EC. STUNNING.

image_1628.jpg

Totally in love w/ her ring!!! :love: Much better than Angelina's ring from Brad!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That yellow emerald cut is amazing!!!!! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leighton Meester's ring. Looks like a bezel-set cushion in rose gold. Love it! She's engaged to Adam Brody.

leighton_meeester.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Read People Mag yesterday at my child's orthodontist's office and it had a story about Clooney's engagement. He purchased a 7ct conflict free diamond. The picture in the mag looked like the diamond was not yellow but rather white. Anyone know for sure? Really beautiful design.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock

image_1628.jpg

doesn't look like and european cut, but only a emerald cut...

European cuts by definition are round.

Where the Old Miner Cut was an antecedent of the modern round brilliant, the Old European Cut was the direct forefather to the modern round brilliant. It was the Old European Cut that was studied for the development of the proportions that would allow the creation of the measurements for the ideal cut diamond. Rounder in shape than the Old Miner Cut, and cut with a circular girdle, the Old European Cut is similar to, but still far from its direct descendent, the round brilliant.
Like the Old Miner Cut, the Old European cut is a rounded, hand faceted cut of diamond. The Old European, as with its direct descendent, the round brilliant, is cut with 58 facets in an effort to maximize brilliance and fire. However, it was developed before the perfection of the diamond saw, and so was primarily hand faceted. This lead to the Old European Cut being cut and polished with a small table, high crown, deep pavilion and an open culet. The deep, faceted pavilion and small table in the Old European cut is designed to bring light in, and reflect its inner fire of color back to the viewer's eye when looking down upon the table.
It is important to note that candlelight and gaslight were the main sources of lighting for gemstones prior to the early 20th century. Each of these is much dimmer, and far more forgiving of flaws, than modern electric lighting. Under the softer lighting of the 19th century the hand faceting, deep pavilion, open culet and small table resulted in a scintillation that had been unseen in diamonds until then.
This type of faceting, along with the open culet, is effective under candlelight, but under electric lighting, the culet often creates the image of a hole in the bottom of the diamond. However, it is also due to this type of shape that the Old European Cut, like the Old Miner Cut, is better able to hide their actual color. The less than exact nature of the hand faceting, along with the deeper cut and smaller table, provide less light dispersion, and so the diamond can appear lighter in color than it actually is.
While the Old European Cut demonstrates greater attention to the effect of light dispersion on the diamond, it was nevertheless cut for maximum carat weight retention. This is to say that the diamond was still cut and polished in accord with the shape of the rough diamond. Regardless of the Old European Cut's lapse in popularity, the current proportions for the ideal cut of diamond owe a debt to the timeless charm of the Old European cut. It was this diamond shape that Marcel Tolkowsky and Henry Morse, among others, used in experimentation for developing the angle and facet parameters for the ideal cut diamond. Due to the hand-faceting nature of this cut, there are no ideal measurements.

diamond_cut_0.png

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Socialite and fashionista Olivia Palermo's yellow diamond. The best shot I could find.

olivia_palermo.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
fogdancer - I don't think anyone called that ring a European cut? Either way, it's stunning!

Leighton's ring is so pretty! I was trying to find a picture of it when they announced they were engaged but didn't really find any. Love the bezel outline from what I can see.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jill Duggar from 19 kids and counting.

jill_duggar_ring.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another shot of Amal's ring. Doesn't look yellow here.

amal-alamuddin-ring-lg.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
lots of magazines use tons of Photoshop to make pics get warmer colors, Alamuddin ring features a transparent "non" yellow diamond.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
fogdancer|1399268006|3666384 said:

image_1628.jpg

doesn't look like and european cut, but only a emerald cut...

European cuts by definition are round.

Where the Old Miner Cut was an antecedent of the modern round brilliant, the Old European Cut was the direct forefather to the modern round brilliant. It was the Old European Cut that was studied for the development of the proportions that would allow the creation of the measurements for the ideal cut diamond. Rounder in shape than the Old Miner Cut, and cut with a circular girdle, the Old European Cut is similar to, but still far from its direct descendent, the round brilliant.
Like the Old Miner Cut, the Old European cut is a rounded, hand faceted cut of diamond. The Old European, as with its direct descendent, the round brilliant, is cut with 58 facets in an effort to maximize brilliance and fire. However, it was developed before the perfection of the diamond saw, and so was primarily hand faceted. This lead to the Old European Cut being cut and polished with a small table, high crown, deep pavilion and an open culet. The deep, faceted pavilion and small table in the Old European cut is designed to bring light in, and reflect its inner fire of color back to the viewer's eye when looking down upon the table.
It is important to note that candlelight and gaslight were the main sources of lighting for gemstones prior to the early 20th century. Each of these is much dimmer, and far more forgiving of flaws, than modern electric lighting. Under the softer lighting of the 19th century the hand faceting, deep pavilion, open culet and small table resulted in a scintillation that had been unseen in diamonds until then.
This type of faceting, along with the open culet, is effective under candlelight, but under electric lighting, the culet often creates the image of a hole in the bottom of the diamond. However, it is also due to this type of shape that the Old European Cut, like the Old Miner Cut, is better able to hide their actual color. The less than exact nature of the hand faceting, along with the deeper cut and smaller table, provide less light dispersion, and so the diamond can appear lighter in color than it actually is.
While the Old European Cut demonstrates greater attention to the effect of light dispersion on the diamond, it was nevertheless cut for maximum carat weight retention. This is to say that the diamond was still cut and polished in accord with the shape of the rough diamond. Regardless of the Old European Cut's lapse in popularity, the current proportions for the ideal cut of diamond owe a debt to the timeless charm of the Old European cut. It was this diamond shape that Marcel Tolkowsky and Henry Morse, among others, used in experimentation for developing the angle and facet parameters for the ideal cut diamond. Due to the hand-faceting nature of this cut, there are no ideal measurements.

Red said EC for Emerald Cut...she never called it European cut!!!!!! And FYI on PS we abbreviate old European cuts to OEC.

And I'm sure it is a white/er//ish diamond and just looks yellow in that lightening.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Emma Roberts

_18395.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this one has been previously posted. Jamie Lynn Spears.

jamie-lynn-spears-engaged-ring.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though they just recently broke their engagement, thought you'd like to see tennis star Caroline Wozniacki's ring from golf pro Rory McIlroy.

caroline-wozniacki-ring.jpg

rory_mcilroy_ring_to_caroline_wozniacki.jpg

caroline_woz_ring_2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1401057858|3679932 said:
Even though they just recently broke their engagement, thought you'd like to see tennis star Caroline Wozniacki's ring from golf pro Rory McIlroy.
Wow that looks very similar to mom2boys'

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim kardashian West's wedding band. Not the best picture but I think she has chosen well.

_18673.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I thought the same thing!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1401120436|3680355 said:
derbygal|1401057858|3679932 said:
Wow that looks very similar to mom2boys'

Maybe they're the same person ;-)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea, I thought that too! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am spending the day with mom2boys on Saturday, and I promise she is not that tennis star! However, I did wonder if they photoshopped mom2boy's ring for their photo!!! :lol:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are hilarious! I wish I looked like the tennis star! ;))

It's too bad her ex-fiance just ended their engagement--I wonder what will happen to my ring twin! :((

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latoya Jackson is engaged and has revealed that her ring has 17.5 carats of diamonds but she is not showing off her ring just yet... anybody want to guess style? I bet multiple halo rows and melee on the prongs, basket and band.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jackson's e- ring photos have comeout. It has a 10 carat RB center stone with 7,5 carats of round diamonds consisting of a halo and what looks like a triple band design. Sorry I am a ludite when it comes to posting/pasting photos from other sites. It was from People Mag.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is La Toya's on GMA.

latoya-jackson-engagement-ring-inline.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1402427319|3690235 said:
Here is La Toya's on GMA.
Thats just too much for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results