shape
carat
color
clarity

Updated Celebrity Rings!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Miss Prudential...this is one time it is EXTREMELY different.

According to Transparency International, Marcos is the second most corrupt head of government ever, after Suharto. The plan was to gain power as a dictator and create a dynasty. Their fortune was amassed at the cost of the people of the Phillipines. Unlike those who just drive by in a car they work hard to pay for, this is the ill gotten gains of an corrupt government. These "foils" you see were deliberate. While the people hungered, suffered, and many were tortured...while they (the Marcos'') were dripping in extravagance.

It has been some time since I had thought of the Marcos. I recall the extravagance but seeing the jewels made me yearn for more insight...I felt this thread needed it. Wikipedia provided the following excerpts:

...Imelda''s extravagant lifestyle reportedly included five-million-dollar shopping tours in New York, Rome and Copenhagen in 1983, and sending a plane to pick up Australian white sand for a new beach resort. She purchased a number of properties in Manhattan in the 1980s, including the $51-million Crown Building and the $60-million Herald Centre; she declined to purchase the Empire State Building for $750m as she considered it "too ostentatious". Her New York real estate was later seized and sold, along with much of her jewels and most of her 175 piece art collection, which included works by Michelangelo, Botticelli, and Canaletto. She responded to criticisms of her extravagance by claiming that it was her "duty" to be "some kind of light, a star to give [the poor] guidelines." (Miss Prudential... read that again!
6.gif
) Not to give to the poor...but to give them GUIDELINES...for what? Where to place your Michelangelo where it best matches your curtains?

"....having looted billions of dollars from the Philipino treasury. Much of the lost sum has yet to be accounted for"

"It was reported that when Marcos fled, U.S. Customs agents discovered 24 suitcases of gold bricks and diamond jewelry hidden in diaper bags; in addition, certificates for gold bullion valued in the billions of dollars are allegedly among the personal properties he, his family, his cronies and business partners had surreptitiously taken with them."

My intentions are not to offend...or to hijack this thread...but to provide some insight into this story.

DKS

Is it correct to spell Phillipino with a P or is an F used? As in Filipino? Many writings had both. I had never noticed...forgive my ignorance.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 9:47:14 PM
Author: JenniferB
Hi all!

I am a confessed longtime lurker of this thread! I have finally joined into the fun! I promise I will try to refrain from asking about celeb pics which were posted 50 pages back and annoy everybody that has been here since day one!
9.gif

Threepwood - those pics of her [Imelda's] gems are amazing. It is wonderful to see stuff that is so different from the pieces and designs that we are used to seeing in 'regular' jewelry stores. I don't know what I'd do if I walked into Bulgari and saw that bracelet. It'd probably be my first and last crime. *Sigh*

Also, if I may ask - I'm a little obsessed with that ring in your avatar. I apologize if this is elsewhere on PS, I'm still getting my lay of land - just point me there if so... It's beautiful - it looks like 'Mrs. Kate Holmes Cruise's' ring
32.gif
(There's a whole other thread there!) but waaaaaaaay prettier. Can you tell me more about it...pleasssssse
30.gif
?

I started a thread about my precious tiny chihuahua baby and have had such kind, and actually helpful, responses...if there are any other tiny dog owners in here please stop by! Sorry for the shameless borrow of space in here for that! Back to famous bling!

~Jennifer

1st of all I just wanna say Welcome to PS! And a little info of my ring.. It is a 6ct morganite surrounded with pink diamonds.. I did had my ring custom made to look like Katie Holmes ering.. Hahahaha..

Here is link no.1
Here is link no.2

2.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Olga Royal House of Greece

Queen Olga Royal House of Greece b.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 10:14:14 AM
Author: isaku5
Threepwood , thanks for all these great pics. The one I really looove is in your avatar
30.gif
. Whose is that if it''s not yours, of course.
35.gif

Your welcome isaku5.. And thank you for your nice compliments.. It really made my day..
19.gif

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
ThreeP - Thank you for links, I posted to you there...

I am pretty sure there are not any pictures in here of the diamonds that are in display in the Apollo Gallery (I think that''s the name
41.gif
) in the Louvre...it is some pieces from Louie-Fourteen''s collection...it is outstanding...I don''t know where to go to find pics (they attack you if they see a camera) - there is a 140 carat diamond (The Regent) and Princess Eugenie''s (sp?) crown, which has over 2,000 diamonds in it. I''m going to go click around and see what I can come up with.
31.gif

Jennifer

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
I can''t quite figure out this posting pictures I find elsewhere thing...Grrrr....
But here is a link to the world''s most famous diamonds (including the Regent)....How I would love to see these in person....*faints*....do you think you still get diamond shrinkage at like, 300+ carats?
23.gif

http://www.inbardiamond.cz/index.php?sec=diamonds?=en

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 9:51:24 AM
Author: threepwood
Queen Olga Royal House of Greece

If you look carefully at her necklace, doesn''t it look like the pieces
are interchangeable? Kewl! beautiful stuff.

In my new May issue of W, there is an ad for Leviev diamonds.
OMG ! the asscher pictured is huge and one of the most spectaclular
stones I''ve seen in ages. In fact the entire issue is loaded with jewelry.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
ditto to San Diego Lady and Doorknow regarding Imelda Marcos. I remember being in high school during the 80''s when news of her collections became public and even at that yioung age I was sickened. Is a 70K mercedes my priority? no. but I just bought a 11K ring and others would think thats nuts. But the difference as doorknob and sandiegolady poitned out is that I''m not the leader of a country (or first lady) and that was used was earned by my husband and me. Same with people who choose to buy cars. And perhaps the person driving the 70K car gave 10K to charity that year? Who knows. But Imelda Marcos and the correuption, greed, and pure gluttony with money can''t be compared to american choices in consumerism.

The pieces are interesting to look at for sure but kind of gross in my opionion that she even owned them.

I love the celebrity rings that are 2 ct ish. Down to earth by celebrity standards for sure!

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Grrr Sorry...try this one --- and then click on "Most Famous Diamonds" at the top of the page...

http://www.inbardiamond.cz/index.php?lang=en

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Coleen McLoughlin new 10ct emerald yellow diamond worth 250k pounds

Coleen 10 ct Yellow.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
other side of her ring..

Coleen_McLoughlin_present.jpg

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
her diamond bangles..

coleen dia bangles.JPG

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 7:31:25 PM
her diamond bangles..
I think one of the pave stones fell out.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! Who is this person; a movie star?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 7:51:06 PM
Author: Skippy123

Ditto, who is this?
Those bangles look like some Michael B ones I saw today. Silky smooth.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 8:03:02 PM
Author: Ann
Date: 4/27/2007 7:51:06 PM

Author: Skippy123

Ditto, who is this?

Those bangles look like some Michael B ones I saw today. Silky smooth.

Coleen McLoughlin is the fiancée of England football star, Wayne Rooney.
2.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I like Colleen's bangles and the yellow diamond is beautiful, but I'm not fond of the setting. There's something a bit... python-ish about it that just seems to take away from the elegance of the diamond. I wish she'd had it set on just a plain yellow gold band instead. Then I noticed that the right hand ring she's wearing is quite snake-like as well. And I'm not a fan of mixing metals like that.

I actually like Colleen, though. She's not really famous for anything other than a very fortunate hook-up with a local boy turned rich but goodness, she's made the most of it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, the setting is too much and really detracts from the ring. I think she could have done better for a setting. I really like those bangles, too!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 11:55:34 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 4/27/2007 7:26:25 PM

1.gif

I actually like the wavy ring. Its fun.

~~I like the wavy ring too...pretty!!!
30.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OMG look at that ring! Ooooh ahhh!
I don''t have a photo of them and they aren''t rings but have you seen the earrings that Gwen Stefani is wearing on the cover of Bazaar this month. I''m pretty sure they are pink diamonds. Inside it says contact Harry Winston for info etc. Anyway they are REALLY pink not just a tint of pink but full on bubble gum.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 7:31:25 PM
her diamond bangles..
I think she''s missing a stone in one of the bangles, anyone else see it?

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
New pics of Sophia Monk''s ering.. Neil Lane, cushion cut..

02250_monkoka03_122_881lo.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
threepwood?? Is that a new pup????

Gorgeous Neil Lane ring on Sophia Monk --- it''s always nice to see a "human-sized" stone
31.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 10:31:52 PM
Author: decodelighted
threepwood?? Is that a new pup????

Gorgeous Neil Lane ring on Sophia Monk --- it''s always nice to see a ''human-sized'' stone
31.gif

No, decodelighted she is a 2 yr old Shih Tzu named Cookie.. She just got a puppy cut because her long hair was getting tangled up.. I just dun know how to maintain her hair.. Combing it every couple of days doesnt seem to work..
15.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results