shape
carat
color
clarity

* Update* (Star129 setting search is over!)

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I have good news and bad news...(kinda :Up_to_something: )
Good news:
I looooooove my ring!! The setting could not be more perfect! I loved it when I saw it online, I loved it when I saw the sample at the store and I love it even more when it's holding my diamond and on my hand! :love:

My diamond is beautiful. I really do love the facet patten of the star129. It's a different look than a traditional rb and it just speaks to me. It's amazing how much it sparkles! And it has so much more fire than what I was expecting! I can't stop looking at it!
I'm still learning how to take pics of diamond so please excuse. (all pics taken with Iphone)

Bad (kinda) news:
I'm sending my diamond back :errrr:
The original plan had been to get a stone around 1.5cts...But... due to some issues with the pets our diamond budget went significantly down (long story short, our little dog was attacked by another dog and needed really expensive surgery to save her life, then a few weeks later our big dog was attacked by a raccoon)
Anyway, I came across an amazing diamond at an amazing price and decided to upgrade!
I'm a little sad to see this diamond go back so soon but I do want a larger diamond and am super excited. :wink2:

and now pictures!

eta: diamond is .88ct J color SI2 STAR129
ring size 7

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3345_2.jpg

IMG_3346_2.jpg

IMG_3332_2.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, love that nail polish color!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!'

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful diamond and elegant setting!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh so will the upgrade fit into the setting? Because the setting is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a little confused, too! So the diamond in the setting is going to be returned? And you are getting a larger diamond? Unless it is very close to the size of the other one, you'll likely need a new setting. The ring is beautiful, though! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very elegant!

cheers--Sharon

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the diamond in the setting is being returned. The new diamond will not fit in the setting, so I will be getting a new setting as well. I love this style so much though that I think I will get the same setting. I'm going to check with the jeweler to see if they will let me return the setting for some credit towards the new one but if not I might just post it on preloved forum.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, well that is great! We will look forward to seeing your upgrade!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the size of your upgrade stone? Is it a Star129 as well?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice and I LOVE your wedding band!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice nails!!! ooops... I mean... nice diamond! lol

That really is a beautiful stone - so sorry you are having health problems with your dog, tho. Overall, there will be another diamond (eventually) but pets are one of a kind.

Hope your "best friend" pulls thru the attack!
(and please --- what is your nail polish?? its awesome!)

Snow_Miser

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1325100930|3090188 said:
What is the size of your upgrade stone? Is it a Star129 as well?

Yes! I am very anxious to know about your upgrade stone, too!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
My doggies are fine thank god. Lulu (the chi in my avatar) was the one attacked by another dog. She had to have a piece of her intestines removed and her spleen was almost removed as well. It was scary because her chances of pulling through the surgery were only 50/50 and then surviving the first week would be critical. They said if she lived past five days she would be in the clear. I was a wreck for that whole week! She was in the hospital for three days and wouldn't eat because she was scared of the nurses so I would go in twice a day to hand feed her baby food.
Bentley (the big dog in my avatar) is fine too. He sleeps in side but has access to a doggy door and I guess he caught a family of raccoons eating his food. We found him in the morning on the sofa covered in mud and blood. Luckily he was up to date on his shots and only had scratches and no bite wounds. The raccoon did not fare so well... But both Bentley and Lulu are back to normal. :D

My upgrade stone will be 1.64 ct, but not a Star129 :(sad I would have really liked a star129 but this one costs significantly less. Perhaps in the future.
Here is the link
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8987/

I was a little nervous about it being a K color as well as an I1 but both Jon and Lynda have told me what a great diamond this is. Plus my current diamond is EGL J color SI2 so I figure it can't be that much different than a GIA K I1. Jon said it should've been graded SI2, but then if it had been it probably would have been out of my price range for this size.
I'm a little sad to be moving away from the Star129 cut as I truly love the look and the pattern, but I hope I'll love the Solasfera too.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Oh and thank you for the compliments on my nails! My nail lady Lindsey talked me into red for the holidays ;-)
She's the best!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - your upgrade is almost double in size! That's an upgrade! :appl: :appl:

Please be sure and come back with pictures. I'm sure it will be beautiful - you're in good hands with GOG!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw boo, no more Star! Solasferas are quite lovely though!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1325123234|3090453 said:

Please be sure and come back with pictures. I'm sure it will be beautiful - you're in good hands with GOG!

yup Jon is the best! He truly does look out for his clients.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
ame|1325123317|3090455 said:
Aw boo, no more Star! Solasferas are quite lovely though!

I know I feel like I'm betraying Star129 lol. I keep looking at my diamond and taking pics and video for when I no longer have it.

Have you seen a Solasfera in person?
I've only watched the videos and I'm not sure where there is a retailer near me (san francisco?)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I love the setting-- it's just like the Alessandra.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1325140428|3090617 said:
Beautiful. I love the setting-- it's just like the Alessandra.

Yes!! and my son's name is Alessandro :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen a Solasfera in person, I was in the store a while back when I was stil on the fence about this stone. It was neat but I am so in love with the Star129 patterning that it's really hard to leave it behind! I think if I couldn't get Star129 anymore I'd consider that as a good option. Though I might also get a Crisscut something lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SweetAsscher|1325132564|3090577 said:
MissGotRocks|1325123234|3090453 said:

yup Jon is the best! He truly does look out for his clients.

Yes, he certainly does!!! I think Solasferas look gorgeous!!! You will notice a crazy difference in size with your new stone!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
more pics! figuring out how to do this

hand1.png

hand2.png

hand3.png

5.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! *sigh* I am so sad you're leaving the Star129!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness gracious! That ring is so pretty! Thanks for posting more pictures! I'm really interested to see your new stone, too! Good luck and congratulations. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results