shape
carat
color
clarity

Update: Solder vs Spacer

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I posted a while ago for advice on making a decision on using a spacer or soldering something to my 3 stone ring to protect it from stacking bands. I had previously soldered a plain gold band to it, and felt like it was too thick and made stacking harder. I really wanted to go with a spacer, but my jeweler ultimately convinced me to go with a fixed band. So I started looking for a thinner plain band, and then -- don't know why I didn't think of this before -- decided to find a very thin diamond band to solder in place and be the "protective layer."

I looked at many options, lots of them on Etsy. I finally settled on a .30 ctw shared prong band, approx. 1.5mm. I love how the jeweler soldered this one -- rather than pushing it right up against the underside of the 3 stone, she created a little gap, and I think the result is much more pleasing and natural The little band gives a nice bit of extra bling and I love how the ring looks by itself, but it also stacks very well with my collection of bands.

The new diamond band is from FineJewlers on Etsy. It arrived in exactly a week and pricing was great. Photos...

3 stone with soldered band, alone:

img_0516.jpg

img_10501.jpg

img_0516__1_.jpg

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And with other bands:

img_10502.jpg

img_10503.jpg

img_10504.jpg

img_10505.jpg

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last one! Overall I'm pleased with my new solution. Thanks for looking!

img_10506.jpg

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
That band looks great. It really compliments all your other stackers. Nice solution.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful!!! My favorite look is the picture, number 10503. I really love your three stone band and I'm so glad you are happy with your decision.

Edit to add:
Apologies if I missed this, but who created your three-stone band?

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much, Hipchik and SparklySoprano! My 3-stone setting was done by Caysie van Bebber (CVB Inspired Design on Etsy, and also now designing through LoveAffairDiamonds). She does such beautiful work!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's lovely!

Rosiepink

Rough_Rock
Looks amazing! Good choice :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results