shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on Gypsy and Harry

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, this is great news. I always thought you'd be awesome working in the trade although your absence from PS will be felt immensely.

I've always admired your strength of character and the ability to carry on even when faced with many life challenges. You are a kind and generous person and always willing to help people and animals even when dealing with so many issues. I predict great things for you in the trade. You are a straight shooter and honest which will go a long way to being successful in the competitive jewellery industry.

Great news about Harry (except for the tape worms). I hope he finds his forever home.

Best of luck in the new year!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy aka Layla,
I am over the moon for you and Harry. I'm going to be selfish and admit that your expertise will be sorely missed in RT but you and your family comes first, so congratulations! You deserve this and more. :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, so happy to see you post here again Gyps! I was wondering when you'd pop up again, with your new status. Congrats on your foray into the trade! I hope it goes well for you and takes you on a great journey. Gotta add my voice to the chorus - your presence here is sorely missed here though (especially for peeps like me who aren't on the social media sites).

SO, SO happy to see the update on Harry. What a love! He's on quite the journey too, and you are wonderful for facilitating that for him! I'd love to see him be able to stay with you, but the next best thing is the safe, loving home you'll find for him. :))

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy to see this update. You've been so quiet and I was concerned. Glad to see it was all for good reasons!! Best of luck in the new role and for 2017!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lucky guys, those CBI peeps!
Congrats to the CBI team and you Layla.
Here's hoping 2017 is a great year for you and Harry

Q

Queenie60

Dearest Gypsy - so very happy for you that things are looking up. Wishing you luck with finding a new home for Harry. Keep us posted of the progress. Happy Holidays to you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RT is really going to miss you and the kindness & patience you have showed so many new people on there has always been a wonderful example of what RT should be, amazing people helping newcomers...... Congrats on your new job - I hope you have a much better 2017 and that you get to either keep Harry or he finds a happy new home with someone you know.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear Gypsy,

All the very best for your 2017! I have no doubt from what I have seen from your strength and commitment on here, great things await you.

George

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new venture, Gypsy! And Harry is so handsome! What a lucky guy to have you as an owner!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,

I'm so happy things are looking up for you and your husband. Wink is lucky to have you as an employee! What a sweetheart Harry is!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
GYPSY! This is such awesome news and so PERFECT. I have been wondering where you have been on RT...thank you for coming here and providing an update. Your presence is already sorely missed (especially by me on all the cushion threads!) but this is such a great fit for you, at least while you figure everything else out. All the best to you and Harry. We have two cats right now and if hubby would let me get a third I would LOVE to adopt him :love: :love:

Here is hoping to a wonderful 2017 for you and yours :angel:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Count me as one of your many silent admirers and please accept my congratulations on all the good news in your life! I, too, love gems and yellow cats.... Indeed I always looked for your expertise on gemological matters and hope you can post more good information in your new professional life. Here's to your future.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you lots of luck and success in this new endeavor!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Best wishes! You are working with a terrific group of people. Welcome to the "TRADE."

JI

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so happy you are feeling better! I hope 2017 is filled to overflowing with blessings for you both professionally and personally.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much everyone. ((HUGS)) and Happy Holidays to all!!

luckykit

Rough_Rock
i am new to pricescope and this story, but just came across the whole Harry saga in the original thread. i am a huge cat person and rescued two myself (one i grabbed out of an alley, the other was from a shelter) so i got teary reading his story and how wonderful you have been with him. he is so lucky to have found you! please keep us updated on where he ends up. and best of luck with the new job!

dcun201

Rough_Rock
Just recently found out about this. I just wanted to thank you for all the help you gave me on picking out my setting and rock. Will miss your post on PS =[ but I am glad you are doing well now. :dance:

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sad I am late on this and that I missed being able to help (kinda been on hiatus because of the election stuff)

But Congrats on joining HPD! Its awesome to see you take this step.
And its amazing to hear you are doing better. Hopefully this is just the beginning!

iamjo

Rough_Rock
HUGS and prayers to you! my new friend

Hi everyone. It's Gypsy.

I changed my account over to trade. I am doing social media promotion for High Performance Diamonds (Wink and Crafted by Infinity) part time for now mostly posting on FB and Instagram. It's a lovey opportunity and I am grateful to have been trusted with it by John, Paul and Wink.

I am going to be posting very little from now on and I do miss you all. I am feeling out the whole Trade thing and that's going to take me a while to adjust and separate. But I did want to post an update on me, and on Harry. And to thank you all.

So things are about the same except for the switch to trade. Waiting for 2016 to be over and hoping that the promise of a good 2017 is fulfilled. I am still looking for full time work and trying to figure out next steps.

You all really rallied around me, and I can't thank you enough. I really can't. The support from all of you is overwhelming. You provided me with a lot of things but most of all hope. My cup was dry and I was at my wits end when I posted to you all. And you helped refill my cup enough that I was able to THINK for the first time I months and to prioritize my needs. My brain was a cluttered mess stuck in gear with stress and anxiety and I couldn't think my way out of the box I was trapped in. You all gave me so much love that I was able to figure out what is most important to me: my friends, my husband, my cats, and my desire to explore entering the trade. And you helped me pay my health insurance and medical bills enough that we our heads are above water for now. There are actually too many of you too thank individually because it's not about money, and most of you were anonymous in your assistance there, but also about your words and your stories and just the way that you all gave me whatever you could and wrapped your arms around me and held me up when I was falling. Please know that your actions meant the world to me.

As to Harry. He's coming along nicely, thanks to you all as well. He had no familiarity with being indoors. Furniture was new to him. The ice maker sent him into his 'safe place' for two days. But he's slowly getting used to it all. SLOWLY he's very cautious and wary. And he has tape worms (medicine is coming tomorrow). I am kicking myself for not thinking of that-- when they have fleas tape worms are inevitable. Still and all I was surprised by it.

Big news yesterday was that HE PLAYED with me! He's started nipping and nibbling now that he is feeling safe. So when he starts to do that I try to redirect it to toys and till now he's been confused by it, but he figured it out yesterday! Big step. I am hoping he learns to like playing.

He has a ton of nicknames now. I call him "Harry Chicken Butt" or just "Chicken Butt." And "Sunshine". And "Silly Kid". And a host of other names. His fur is slowly coming in on his rear but he's still mostly bald and his tail has healed enough that I can touch it without any issue. His eye is much better and the infection has been stopped and it shouldn't get any worse. When he gets happy his little nub of tail sticks up. It's very cute.

He's still got a little ways to go but I think he'll be ready for a permanent home in a few weeks. He's not fully integrated with my kids. He stays (by his choice) in my master (Lucy is very unhappy with this) and looks out the window, sleeps on the bed, and generally enjoys having quiet space. But he does choose to come out and be with the other kids every other day or so. They've mostly started to ignore him so that's good. I keep hoping that he'll start making a friend but that hasn't happened yet but he likes being around the other cats, it makes him happy. He's just not sure how to make friends. I think he needs a quiet home with one or two other friendly cats as companions.

Here are a few pictures of him I took for you all. Enjoy!! I'll post another update of him in a few weeks so you guys can hear how he's doing.

Much love to you all.
Best,
Gypsy

(I don't know why the pictures are posting all upside down and sideways. I tried to fix it, but failed).

photo_dec_13__1_39_34_am.jpg

photo_dec_14__11_42_35_pm.jpg

photo_dec_14__11_42_39_pm.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update. You have been one of the most knowledgeable, helpful (in all senses of that word) contributers here, so I'm glad that people were there to help YOU. Because of my own recent personal changes, jewelry is not a big part of my life (understatement!) so I don't check in here as much as well. But I sincerely wish you the best of luck on your next journey, and Harry is lucky to have you as his human "mom".

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Aww. I just saw all the updated posts on this thread. You all are so fantastically supportive. Any help, assistance, and knowledge I shared was ALWAYS my pleasure. I am so blessed to have touched so many lives and been touched in turn my them through PS.

Harry is doing VERY well. He's frankly a bit of an attention hog. He is CONSTANTLY demanding love and pets. It's very cute. He's a sponge.

He is getting along well with his siblings. I'll have to post some updated photos soon.

luckykit: Please post pictures of your rescues. We love that. Harry is our own kiddo now, and doing well. dcun: you are very welcome. Best wishes to you!

Hi blackprophet, I hope all is well with you and yours. Working at HPD has been really wonderful. It is so different to have a job you feel excited about doing.

iamjo-- thank you, my new friend. Hugs right back at you.

Partgypsy, I hope the changes in your life have been for the better. If they are not, I am sorry. Please link me to any updates on the forum so I can catch up. You deserve the best. Harry is a blessing. It's a two way street.

Q

Queenie60

:wavey:Hi Gypsy! It's always nice to see an update from you. Glad Harry is doing well. He belongs with you and your fury family! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results