shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on 2 stone comparison and experience with appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
This was the last post I had going.......

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-2-stone-comparison.66118/

The stones arrived and wow....both were gorgeous, I ordered them through Union Diamond and they arrived in a very timely fashion. My next step was to go to Charles Carmona for his opinion. I really was not sure which stone I wanted. It was clear to him. As most of you pointed out, the SI1 stone which is eye clean facing up (but the cloud can be seen if looked at a certain angle which may be very diifficult once mounted) was the better stone. He pointed out that the proportions are better. It was graded 100% correctly, in fact he felt that the florescense was overcalled a bit as he detected none. We even looked at the hearts and arrows, which was neat to see. I then asked him to look at my wife's ring. I had purchased it when we got engaged and was thinking to upgrade only the stone, hense the new stone. But now, we are going to do a new setting altogether. He appraised the ring for me. What I was quite happy with was that the center stone which was an EGL graded stone actually lived up to its grading. 1.01 ct vs2 H stone. Overall my experience with Mr. Carmona was very pleasant and he was very knowledgeable. Now I would like to ask folks, what may be the best way to sell our original ring ??? Ebay, craigslist, paper, trade in ???? (last option is poor since our new setting (a wedding set) is very inexpensive by itself since I chose a stone from Union. Thanks for your votes before and opinions now.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Use Charles'' appraisal and sell the diamond with Craig''s list. Since it is local to the city, you won''t have to send it. Ask an amount that meets or slightly beats the best, lowest, prices on Pricescope. Expect to get an offer and to accept less than a competing retailer who offers a selection. Maybe 75% of Pricescope is somewhat realistic. Meet anyone who responds at a bank where you have an active account. DO NOT MEET AT YOUR HOME. Arrange with the bank to use one of their little rooms they use for safe deposit box opening. If you ask nicely, they will agree. It is a lot safer. Take cash or go with the party to their bank for a Cashier''s Check. NO PERSONAL CHECKS. Deposit any checks the same day, or cash it immediately at their bank. Give a work address, not a home address. Be safe and careful.

Ebay is so full of fraud I would not welcome the pitfalls. You might get lucky or you may have a problem.
You can always make a pendant out of the diamond for next year''s Valentine''s day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results