shape
carat
color
clarity

update...and possible engagement soon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone~

I''ve been a very very bad PSer....although I still read every day, I don''t post!
39.gif
So I just wanted to give a quick update to my fellow LIW''s...

A couple of months ago, I found the job of my dreams in NYC and I finally made the move from MD. My boyfriend followed soonafter in perfect timing - he received a job offer literally two weeks before the lease on our apartment was up!

The month of January was just pure hell:

1. We were moving 4 hours north. And we had A LOT of stuff to move.
2. My boyfriend was looking for a job and interviewing at a different state.
3. He was also looking for a place to live. In one of the craziest real estate markets in the world.
4. His parents were visiting for a month! Thank goodness they only stayed with us for a week, but what horrible timing!

Anyway, all this stress definitely put a strain on our relationship. It didn''t help that my boyfriend''s parents were giving me a major headache (you can read about it here) and just thinking about dealing with them in the future gave me doubts about whether I wanted to join this family or not.

Then a couple of nights ago, he snapped at me (which he never does) and I got pretty upset. He asked what was wrong and we ended up talking for a looong time. Kind of like a "state of the union" talk. I confessed that I had been having some doubts about our relationship lately, and he said so too. We asked ourselves, "what happened to us?"

We then realized that what we have together is too special to give up. We also reminded ourselves that we had A LOT of changes and transitions in our lives in the past couple of months - it''s only natural that our relationship would be effected.

Then we started talking about our upcoming engagement. He confessed that he had been talking to several jewelers and a proposal may be in the near future (!!!). When I reminded him (for the millionth time) of what I want, specifically, that because I''m super-color-sensitive, I need at least an F in color, he said, "Of course I know that. And I found a better one than F."

?!? Does that mean he found a diamond already?

Then he said, "That reminds me...I should check the weather forecast..."

!!!!!!!!!!

Was he just playing around? Doesn''t this mean that it''ll happen soon?!?

So....sorry for the long update. But please keep your fingers crossed for me! I don''t want to get my hopes up too high but ahhhhh!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got my fingers crossed for you! Checking the weather forecast...don''t those only go out ten days?
11.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:33:42 PM
Author: Aloros
I''ve got my fingers crossed for you! Checking the weather forecast...don''t those only go out ten days?
11.gif
Thanks, Aloros!

Haha immediately after we ended our conversation, I checked weather.com to see how far the forecasts go!

I hope it''s coming up soon! I just checked the LIW list, I''m all the way up to #15!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like its coming VERY soon....maybe v-day.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
WoW! I don''t know what that means, but it looks like something very promising!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im keeping them crossed for you! Hopefully it will be very soon!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It sounds promising!
9.gif
36.gif

I also think it''s great you got to talk about those strains in your relationship. A lot of stress can pile up during those times and it''s important to talk about it. As for the in-laws... I can''t relate to your particular situation, which is why I never replied to your thread, but situations have come up (more and more frequently
14.gif
) in which I''ve asked myself if I really wanted to have crazy people like them as in-laws... But every time I realized it would be much worse not having J as a husband. Hang on in there!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh, how exciting!! Definitely good news, hope that you have a ring on your finger soon!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed for you Jen! It sounds like it''s happening soon! Good luck with your future in-law drama!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone, but no dice.
8.gif

When I told him last night that the weather comment''s been driving me crazy, he laughed and said, "I''m good, aren''t?" He then confessed that this was all part of his plan. He said he will continue to say misleading things like to that me until the real proposal, just to throw me off.

"Why would you do something as mean as that to me?" I asked.

"Because you know me too well and unless I lie at least a bit, you''ll totally see the proposal coming and it won''t be a surprise."

29.gif

But I do see his point. I''m a born observer and analyzer...during our three years together, my boyfriend''s NEVER been able to surprise me. The poor thing''s tried many times but I always end up figuring it out.

...but what he''s doing to me is pure evil, no?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results