Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1488983347|4137993 said:
missy|1488972515|4137966 said:
lovedogs|1488929607|4137839 said:
telephone89|1488920619|4137758 said:
mary poppins|1488919374|4137745 said:
Tomorrow is A Day Without Women. At least one of our local school districts is having to shut down because so many people requested the day off. Local areas are posting lists of women-owned businesses that will remain open for others to support / shop.
Love that it falls on international womens day :love:

"We saw what happened when millions of us stood together in January, and now we know that our army of love greatly outnumbers the army of fear, greed and hatred," the post says. "On March 8th, International Women's Day, let's unite again in our communities for A Day Without A Woman."

What a great quote.

Love it. I think this is an excellent idea.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

+1 :appl:

+2 Yay!!! :appl:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1488996100|4138049 said:
Would you women at least acknowledge that these marches are not in the best interest of poor people with children who will be inconvenienced by this.

I ask you how does she take 4 days off from work and her family?

What does she do on Friday with her children when she knows that if she stays home from her factory job, even for a day, she could lose it?

And when that business closes for the day or people are not stopping in for their coffee, she loses a day's pay and the tips she so desperately needs to make ends meet?

My kids worked these low end jobs at Dunkin Donuts, various sandwich shops etc. They did it for clothes and gas money. But there were adults who did it because that was all they could find. A good day means more tips which meant food for the table.

Oh wait, this is the site where women kvetch for months on end driving themselves and their jeweler bat crap crazy about every detail of their 10th trade in or upgrade, pay $20,000, and then are sick of it and want to do it again 5 minutes later.

No some of you would not have a clue to the fact that these marches hurt the v ery women you supposedly care for so much.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1488998207|4138061 said:
Would you women at least acknowledge that these marches are not in the best interest of poor people with children who will be inconvenienced by this.

What does she do on Friday with her children when she knows that if she stays home from her factory job, even for a day, she could lose it?

And when that business closes for the day or people are not stopping in for their coffee, she loses a day's pay and the tips she so desperately needs to make ends meet?

My kids worked these low end jobs at Dunkin Donuts, various sandwich shops etc. They did it for clothes and gas money. But there were adults who did it because that was all they could find. A good day means more tips which meant food for the table.

Oh wait, this is the site where women kvetch for months on end driving themselves and their jeweler bat crap crazy about every detail of their 10th trade in or upgrade, pay $20,000, and then are sick of it and want to do it again 5 minutes later.

No some of you would not have a clue to the fact that these marches hurt the v ery women you supposedly care for so much.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page... you DO realize this is primarily a DIAMOND and JEWELRY website... yes???

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JFC. This website wouldn't exist for your bitching pleasure were it not for those very women you are mocking. Get a clue. You know what the definition of insanity is, right? Making the same points over and over again and expecting different results falls right in line with that.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1488998934|4138067 said:

JFC. This website wouldn't exist for your bitching pleasure were it not for those very women you are mocking. Get a clue. You know what the definition of insanity is, right? Making the same points over and over again and expecting different results falls right in line with that.

Insanity is b*tching that poor people are going to be hurt just by the existence of President Trump and not acknowledging that these marches are more to mock Trump then they are to help the poor single woman with children who cannot just take a day off like so many of you supposedly can.

As far as this website, this is the hangout section, not diamond.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby I seriously doubt that women working at Dunkin' Donuts have the sadz today because they can't take the day off but really wanted to celebrate International Women's Day.

I spent 2014-2015 working at a non-profit for crap pay dealing with at-risk and low-income women to whom we provided free interview apparel, bra fittings, career advice and counseling, help with resumes, and outfits to wear to work once they obtained the job. I have done my share. I have no doubt that many women here, even those who shockingly have the audacity to upgrade or throw super gigantic sums of $20k at diamonds, have supported women who have had less during their lifetimes. The organization I worked with received huge donations constantly from the wealthiest women in the community.

Here is the acknowledgement you are begging for: No Ruby, it is not fair that some people can afford to take a day off to march or participate in a celebration of women, or to protest. Happy now?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1488999806|4138073 said:
Ruby I seriously doubt that women working at Dunkin' Donuts have the sadz today because they can't take the day off but really wanted to celebrate International Women's Day.

I spent 2014-2015 working at a non-profit for crap pay dealing with at-risk and low-income women to whom we provided free interview apparel, bra fittings, career advice and counseling, help with resumes, and outfits to wear to work once they obtained the job. I have done my share. I have no doubt that many women here, even those who shockingly have the audacity to upgrade or throw super gigantic sums of $20k at diamonds, have supported women who have had less during their lifetimes. The organization I worked with received huge donations constantly from the wealthiest women in the community.

Here is the acknowledgement you are begging for: No Ruby, it is not fair that some people can afford to take a day off to march or participate in a celebration of women, or to protest. Happy now?[/quote]

Completely missed my point. But thanks for playing.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well since we're "playing" for my turn: I would like to acknowledge that it's not fair that we exist in a society where women are not treated equally with men for doing the same work. Today's action (or inaction as the case may be) is geared toward calling attention to that issue by demonstrating that women are a critical part of the workforce and showing that the lack of women at work impacts everyone. To the best of my knowledge no women is being forced to take the day off to participate in this event, and each woman gets to decide what is best for and her family by weighing all of the factors such as making a stand vs. losing out on a day's pay.

As for mocking Prez Puss Grab, it that is one of the results of today's event that I am all the fvck for it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW Ruby, please be assured Monnie DID NOT miss your point.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1489000375|4138079 said:

Are you saying she understood more of what I was trying to say then I did?

My point is not that some can afford to take this day off.

It was that if you truly want to help the poor single mothers I talk of, this is not the best way to do it.

My DIL is an example. This is tax season and it is very busy. The day care where my grandson attends will be closed. She cannot just stay home tomorrow. My son also works at PWC, and they were told no time off under any circumstances. I also work, and cannot just take the morning off either. In fact the woman I share the job with is probably going to ask I work the entire day because she will have her own kids to worry about.

She is now scrambling to find someone to watch him tomorrow as I am sure many others are having to do as well.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1489000346|4138078 said:
Well since we're "playing" for my turn: I would like to acknowledge that it's not fair that we exist in a society where women are not treated equally with men for doing the same work. Today's action (or inaction as the case may be) is geared toward calling attention to that issue by demonstrating that women are a critical part of the workforce and showing that the lack of women at work impacts everyone. To the best of my knowledge no women is being forced to take the day off to participate in this event, and each woman gets to decide what is best for and her family by weighing all of the factors such as making a stand vs. losing out on a day's pay.

As for mocking Prez Puss Grab, it that is one of the results of today's event that I am all the fvck for it.

Dee Jay many places where there will not be enough women to staff them are closing.

And around here that means day care. And I believe one or two schools.

So working women will not have a place to send their children tomorrow, so they are being forced to take the day off.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489000809|4138083 said:

It was that if you truly want to help the poor single mothers I talk of, this is not the best way to do it.

My DIL is an example. This is tax season and it is very busy. The day care where my grandson attends will be closed. She cannot just stay home tomorrow. My son also works at PWC, and they were told no time off under any circumstances. I also work, and cannot just take the morning off either. In fact the woman I share the job with is probably going to ask I work the entire day because she will have her own kids to worry about.

She is now scrambling to find someone to watch him tomorrow as I am sure many others are having to do as well.

And you you are missing the point of my post. Monnie is a smart lady. She read your post and wrote something that it appears you didn't grasp. No sin in that, it is what it is.

As for you, your DIL, your son, and anyone else who determines they cannot take the day off, that is a decision each person get to make for him/herself. Of course a statement by your employer that there is no time off under any circumstances plays into that evaluation. I.e., if you take the day off you may be fired (at least that is what I am getting as the gist of your statement). So you then get to decide if your cause trumps (no pun intended) your job. If the answer to that is no (and that is a perfectly valid answer -- again, that each person gets to make him/herself) then you go to work. There is nothing convenient or easy about standing up for what you believe.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489001116|4138087 said:

Dee Jay many places where there will not be enough women to staff them are closing.

So working women will not have a place to send their children tomorrow, so they are being forced to take the day off.

Ruby, I do appreciate your point, truly I do. However I sincerely hope this message gets across: Without enough women working some places simply cannot operate.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1489001498|4138089 said:
ruby59|1489001116|4138087 said:

Ruby, I do appreciate your point, truly I do. However I sincerely hope this message gets across: Without enough women working some places simply cannot operate.

Yes, day care centers, where obviously women are more nurturing and better suited to the job then men.

Also, where there are pages and pages of them in my local telephone book.

So all that will happen is if women cannot reply on this particular one they will pull their child out to somewhere else. My SIL and a few of the other mothers are already making new arrangements and they are losing a lot of their business.

And then this one will close and the owner and workers, probably all women will be out of a job.

You see in a country where there are very few monopolies, consumers will just find another store, coffee shop, etc. and just give them their patronage. It will not affect them in the least.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wait, you will have to get paid to be on PS for the entire day??? Lucky!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1489002428|4138094 said:

I work front office in a law firm. No computer and no personal phone.

And are you monitoring my time spent here?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489002589|4138095 said:

I am not, but Big Brother is!

Also how do you work without a computer? I am imagining you in front of a typewriter right now. :-o

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1489002985|4138101 said:
ruby59|1489002589|4138095 said:

I am not, but Big Brother is!

Also how do you work without a computer? I am imagining you in front of a typewriter right now. :-o

Monarch, I obviously work part time which is why I and the other woman share the job.

I am a receptionist at the firm. I answer the phones, open and distribute the mail, yes get the coffee, and direct clients when they come in. I work until 12 or 1 PM.

I am obviously now home, and yes this old broad knows how to operate a lap top.

But hand me a typewriter. In the olden days I could type 80 words a minute. Took shorthand at 120 words a minute.

I was a secretary and proud of it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huffungton Post has a great article "Trump Tweeted About International Woman's Day - It Backfired". The Tweets in response are hysterical!

I really need to learn how to post links to articles! DeeJay, Katharath, LovesDogs, Deb, and Monnie will love the article. Ruby... not so much

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1489004260|4138109 said:
Huffungton Post has a great article "Trump Tweeted About International Woman's Day - It Backfired". The Tweets in response are hysterical!

I really need to learn how to post stories! DeeJay, Katharath, LovesDogs, and Monnie will love the article. Ruby... not so much

Not sure what you mean about posting stories?

But how do you girls post pictures and tweets. I have to do it as a link otherwise it does not work.

And with tweets, I can get the inside to post, but not the blue box.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really need to learn how to post stories! DeeJay, Katharath, LovesDogs, and Monnie will love the article. Ruby... not so much

Are you on mobile or pc? You can just copy the url and paste.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-tweeted-international-womens-day_us_58bfe3e7e4b054a0ea663890

He is beyond help. A complete and total buffoon.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I really need to learn how to post links to articles stories! DeeJay, Katharath, LovesDogs, Deb, and Monnie will love the article. Ruby... not so much

Callie, the other one is through facebook, which I do not have. Is this it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-tweeted-international-womens-day_us_58bfe3e7e4b054a0ea663890

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1489004744|4138111 said:

Thank You My dear Monnie! I loved this tweet "Going out on a limb here.....you didn't write this one, did you?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489004574|4138110 said:

But how do you girls post pictures and tweets. I have to do it as a link otherwise it does not work.

To post pics, you can right click on an image and save it to your computer (or smartphone) as a picture file. Then, when you post a reply here, scroll down to where it says "upload attachment." Click that, it will bring up your saved files, choose your picture file and select the image you saved. Click "add the file," and then "preview" to make sure it posted. Then hit submit.

For tweets I use a chrome extension called "awesome screenshots" and capture them that way, then save it as a file and proceed as above.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1489004900|4138113 said:
monarch64|1489004744|4138111 said:

Thank You My dear Monnie! I loved this tweet "Going out on a limb here.....you didn't write this one, did you?

No, I only have one Twitter account and it's related to my website so I try not to get political! :lol: That one is right up my alley, though!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ruby. Yes this is the article I was referring to.

Thank you Monnie.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ruby, to post pics and tweets try right clicking on the item and then "save as" a jpeg file (which is often the default although sometimes they try to save as png files). Sometimes I have a hard time with tweets because they want to save only as a webpage instead of a picture. I usually resort to then taking a photo with my phone and posting it that way. Definitely not as good quality but if I can't make it work by right clicking/saving as I end up going that route.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1489004994|4138114 said:

To post pics, you can right click on an image and save it to your computer (or smartphone) as a picture file. Then, when you post a reply here, scroll down to where it says "upload attachment." Click that, it will bring up your saved files, choose your picture file and select the image you saved. Click "add the file," and then "preview" to make sure it posted. Then hit submit.

For tweets I use a chrome extension called "awesome screenshots" and capture them that way, then save it as a file and proceed as above.

I am trying with a sample picture but it is not working. But I know it is me because I am left brained when it comes to this.

I am going to ask my husband about it and chrome extension when he gets home.

I have to actually see someone do it to catch on.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, for some reason the second half of my post got cut off (so only the part about how to save it on your computer is showing up, but then how to actually post it isn't included). Anyway, Monnie included that second step so hopefully your DH will be able to show you how to do it.

ETA: I actually find it easier to post from my phone because then I don't have to save the pic, just select it. That takes a little while to upload (or maybe that's just my crappy wifi!) but if you're patient it may work out better by virtue of skipping that extra step of saving the pic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results