shape
carat
color
clarity

upcoming e ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
so, here is the scoop. was searching for an asscher-esque cut for a while. ended up going with this:
G
VS1
table - 60.2
depth - 68.6
ex/ex
6.40X6.44X4.39
crown height - 17.7% (1.13mm)
pavillon depth - 46.1% (2.95mm)
girdle - .31 (4.9%)

b22c.jpg

IS
6ad5.jpg

mold:
65c3.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only seen the Idealscope & the wax and am WEEEEEEPING. Breathtaking. More!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a wow. Love the wax.

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
i must give a shout out to Storm for checking stuff out as i was going through various channels looking. this site has been a great reference source. i just hope the wax turns out as great as i want it to.

shank thickness is 2mm, 16 c 1.7mm aca melee diamonds in the shank and 12 x 1.1mm aca melee diamonds in the head...platinum setting.

i don''t have any other pics to share yet
7.gif
hopefully early next week i will.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Wow. What a spectacular ring. Are the side stones also asscher or square shape? In the wax it appears they will be. Details, details.

The top image you posted didn''t load...if that answered my question, forgive me. I couldn''t wait to reply. I haven''t learned much about the asscher stone, but that one looks incrediibly drool worthy. The whole ring is going to be just fabulous. I love how the cathedral "wings" flow upward. What is the shank width?

Oh when is it "UPCOMING"? More more more...

DKS

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
hopefully mon, tues or wed of next week. we''ll see.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the stones in the shank going to be asschers as well?? Can''t wait to see this ring. I bet you are sooo excited.

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
i don''t think so...haha...i can''t even remember...trying to come close to something like this:
769f.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m DYING here--can''t see those 1st 3 pics (stone, IS, wax) and I can tell it''s right up my alley!! Can anyone re-post?

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
if someone can pm me their email addy, i can send the three...not sure why they are not working???

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I can''t see them either.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny, I can see them???

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
EG, I just PMd you!!
9.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Wahhhh! I can''t see them!
39.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i saw them right when u posted them each time. now they''re gone
40.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH, here they are and they''re STUNNING!!!!! This is going in my favorites....I think it will look a bit like the Daniel K rosebud?

EGpic.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
And the IS (wiping drool)

EGIS.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
And the Wax!!!

HOLY MOTHER!!

EGwax.JPG

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
thanks for posting the picks blueroses!

i just looked at that daniel k....the settings are similar. no channel setting...i am going for pave. i am no expert though. the melee go down the band, and will sit below the head, and then there will be another string of the melee going across the head near where the diamond sits. the setting for the head is a little more open.

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
and one last piece of info...her ring size is 4.5. so i am hoping this really pops!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
A 4.5 ring w/ a 1.51 6mm+ asscher and blingy setting??!! Ummm...Yeah, it is going to POP!!!!
10.gif

In case people couldn''t see the other pic EG posted, here is the setting (with an EC) that was the inspiration for his ring:

EGwithEC.JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!! It''s going to be GORGEOUS!!!!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I''m in heaven!!! That will be absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It’s stunning! Can’t wait to see the finished ring – it’s going to be beautiful. I love the diamond, I cannot stop staring at it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just Wow.

shay

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Truly I''m getting a little emotional. The inspiration is so lovely & THAT STONE. I can''t say enough about it. Which vendor found that beauty, I''m dying!! Can you tell us anything else about the search? Where you found the inspiration pix? There is a whole story here we MISSED somehow!! And the ending''s looking pretty "fairy tale" to me ...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
That is a very YUMMY asscher!!! I can''t wait to see the finished product, she is going to love it!

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
i perused a ton of the asscher threads on here and started going through a family friend....but it is just very very very difficult to find these stones through one person. so, i opted for online then. way too many of the diamonds i was seeing didn't have the nice clipped corners, coupled with the wide windmills flowing to the clipped corners....and then just to get that w/ a nice pattern is even more difficult. i ended up going to whiteflash's sight on a whim and saw that they had two very nice stones by the #'s (nice depth, nice table). so, i asked about those two...and one was gone...and this was the other. i could have gone for a smaller girdle...but i think it is fine. sarin and lightscope came back looking good...so here we are today. storm was a great help during the process (that is an understatement actually).

i'll get into the inspiration setting later on...can't give it all away at once ;-). plus...i hope she doesn swing by here. haha. she knows it is coming soon....although, i bet half of her right at this moment, thinks it never will. haha.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm deserves a round of applause for helping so many of us!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to hear more about the setting.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results