shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual Engagement Rings w/their Wedding Bands - Post Photos Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Hello! I need HELP/ADVICE with trying to find the perfect wedding band to fit flush with my engagement ring, yet still have the wedding band look good enough to be able to wear on it's own.

My e-ring is unusual in the sense that instead of having one big stone in the middle, it has 7 small round diamonds in an invisible setting so that in certain lights and angles, these 7 diamonds (G VVS1) look like one big, sparkly diamond. There are also 5 tiny diamonds on each side of the center stones.(Total of 17 diamonds = .70 ct.) Since the ring is not in a raised setting, a regular round wedding band won't fit right next to the e-ring. I know I could just get a regular wedding band and wear it on my left hand, while wearing the e-ring on the right hand, but I really don't want to do that as I want to wear them together without spaces in between!

Please give me ideas on how to achieve the "fit together" look I want and/or post photos of your unusual e-ring with the wedding band you chose. In the meantime, attached is a picture of my e-ring...sorry am not a great jewlery photographer.
8.gif
THANKS!!
26.gif

e-ring resized pic.jpg

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!!
30.gif
Im gonna need some more pics
2.gif
hmmm I will do some searching and see if I can help out :)

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 4:18:45 AM
Author: Officers girl
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!!
30.gif
Im gonna need some more pics
2.gif
hmmm I will do some searching and see if I can help out :)
Oh also do a search on spacer rings what they do is mold to your ring and make so that a wedding band would be able to sit flush with your e ring.

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! The link to that pic was helpful cause it gives me some ideas on how to have the band custom-made. Only thing is that the band doesn''t look great without the e-ring...
7.gif

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Heh heh..thanks! Once my camera battery is charged i''ll try to take a better pic of the ring as well as a side view so you can see my dilemma. Also I will definitely do some research on spacers.
35.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I know researcher has a spacer band that looks great with her set I dont know if she still posts her but she could definetly give you some pointers. :)

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
wow, I really like your ring. I''m not usually into the cluster type rings but yours is really beautiful and it looks great on your hand.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any suggestions for a band, but I wanted to say that I think your ring is just beautiful!!!

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Hi! Thanks fo all the compliments on the ring. Thanks also pricescope admin for the suggestion, but the band (nice as it is) won''t sit right next to the ring, since it''s not a raised setting.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
You can always do a curved band or a band with a notch, etc. And if you wanted to wear it separately, you could turn it around so the curved part or notch is on the palm side of your hand.

BTW, your ring is gorgeous!! How about some more pics?
31.gif

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Everyone takes such great pix of their rings..how do they do it?!? I think i need advice on that too since mine keep coming out kinda blurry! heh heh. great idea on the notches/curves...now i just need to find someone who can design it properly for an affordable price! Actually I had also thought about turning the notched part over on the palm side when i''m not wearig the e-ring, but also wanted to have diamonds on the wedding band so turning them over might ruin the rocks? Soon as I take some better pix, will upload them.
36.gif

monnikk

Rough_Rock
ok here are a few more pix...still don''t do the ring justice, but in any case, u get the general idea.
30.gif

coolring.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
the lighting went kinda crazy in this pic, but it ended up having a pretty cool effect.

funkyring.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I do like the last band that PS posted, very pretty!!!!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Your ring IS fab!
18.gif

However, I''m not sure that a band will ever sit flush with it because it''s not a raised setting, unless you get a custom curved band. Most curved bands (I think) have a subtle curve. From the pics, it seems that your "flower" substantially protrudes outwards more than most settings. But, of course, this is all from merely looking at pictures. I''d recommend going to a local jeweler and trying on curved bands to see for yourself. I had convinced myself that no band would sit flush with the setting that I''m creating, but when I wento my local B&M and tried on a curved band (like the one pictured below), it curved at exactly the right places!

So, the point of my long post is to recommend that you go and try on some curved bands yourself. Then you can see how much of a curve you need and give yourself an idea of what you want to custom create if you can''t find a pre-fab one in a store.

PS - the band posted below is a D.Vatche. I know they have one with RBs which I think would look great with your ring!

dvatchecurvedbaguettes.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 11:35:42 AM
Author: Pricescope
How about this band monnikk?
OH Irina! You really do have the Photoshop Gift!
1.gif
You do amazing work! Great job!

That second ring you posted is fabulous, I LOVE it! Where did you find that? It would be a nice option for someone who loves the Michael B Lace rings!

Lynn

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I got so preoccupied with Irina''s amazing photoshopping (plus that killer ring she posted!) that I forgot to mention to the original poster that I ADORE that curved Vatche band. Oh yum! And I like them on their own, too.

There''s a nurse at the hospital where I work who only wears her w-ring to work, and it''s a curved band similar to those posted above... and it looks beautiful on it''s own!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Lynn, the lace band is from here, and i actually forgot to fit it under the e-ring head.
Here are the right picture and the Vatche band.

laceband89andVat.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Oh, if only I was in the States...alas, I''m based in Manila, Philippines and unfortunately, curved rings aren''t common here.
8.gif
I do, however have a jeweler who can custom-make a wedding band for me, I just needed the right ideas, pictures, etc to show them so they''ll understand the effect I''m trying to achieve. I like all the ideas I''ve seen so far and look forward to getting more! Worst, comes to worst, I may just have to order the band from the States!!

Thanks again!
35.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my curved band -

pscopecurband.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any suggestions, I just wanted to say I absolutely adore your ering, really!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this pretty ring??? It''s lovely and so bright white! I think a curved band is going to be your best option, something with pave diamonds about the size of your side stones? It looks wonderful on your beautiful hands!!! Seriously, you have wonderful hands.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow... i absolutely LOVE your ring! Thanks for the extra shots!

I also have a curved wedding band which I had custom made to fit. I often wear it without my ering (esp recently) and love the look.

njc_rings.jpg

I need to take some new pics at more a of a distance with just my band...

band_alone.jpg

ttebroc22

Rough_Rock
I like the ideas I see for the beautiful ring. I also need some wedding band advice. I have a three stone with a center radiant yellow and half moon side stones. Every ring I have tried on with it looks awkward and I have not been thrilled with the curved or notched bands I''ve seen. I don''t like the look of it pushed up against the three stone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ring1 2599x2086 Small Web view.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock

Thank you everyone for the compliments and advice! Love the pictures too. NJC, so far your rings are the closest to what I think would look great with my e-ring and it was great to see what it actually could look like as opposed to imagining it in my head. Where did you get it made? Ttebroc22 I think these are the choices we have given the fact that it''s hard to find a perfect flush fit with our e-rings:

1) get a custom-made wedding band with a curve or notch to accomodate the e-ring

2) get a regular round band and then just wear the e-ring on the right hand after you get married.

3) get a regular round band and just don''t mind the small spaces in between

Whatever the case, this forum is great isn''t it?! =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results