shape
carat
color
clarity

Untreated Emerald & OEC Three-Stone Ring

lindy520

Rough_Rock
Hi All, created a thread to share my Columbian emerald and OEC three-stone ring! Thank you @Mreader for the suggestion!

To start, in the year 2020, I had a BIG birthday (one whose number shall not be spoken aloud...) I'd been dreaming of an emerald birthstone ring for years and decided that I'd better do it now if I want to enjoy it! I read every emerald post here on Pricescope, and also read Ron Ringsrud's book Emerald's A Passionate Guide, which is a marvelous story as well as being instructional. But, I was over-whelmed and afraid to make a mistake in choosing a stone on my own. I had worked with Gemological Resources in PA a few years ago to re-set my engagement ring, but didn't realize at the time that the owner, Shawn, was so knowledgeable and passionate about emeralds (also natural pearls, BTW.) Anyway, he was excited to help me find the right stone. I knew I wanted an untreated, Columbian, emerald cut of about 1.5ct. Shawn sent a few videos, and we agreed on a few stones for me to see in person. I have to say that you need to move quickly if you find one you like because it won't last long. I hesitated for about two days on one stone and lost it. Anyway, the decision was narrowed down to two stones: the 1.29 ct that I purchased, and another 1.45 that was more rectangular, more ideal in saturation but not as cyrstalline or flashy. I literally had heart flutters when I saw this stone!

20201216_130109.jpg 20201216_130208.jpg 20201222_151834.jpg

So, for the ring, I had a few inspiration pictures of an Edwardian style 3-stone ring with OEC stones. I thought about using trillions, or even baguettes or other step cut side stones, but kept returning to the emerald cut between the two rounds. This is my favorite of the inspo photo, a square cut with OECs.

gem-1-30-carat-colombian-emerald-and-diamond-ring_2_30-1-10110.jpg

After a couple of weeks of searching, Shawn and Janet at Gemological Resources found two really well-matched OECS within my budget! I'm posting a side view of the three stones prior to mounting. Just love OECs! Just enough bling but not too much to overpower the emerald.

Stone stats:
Emerald cut Emerald: 1.29cts 7.10x6.41x4.68 AGS Columbian origin, enhancement: None
OEC 0.95ct 6.08x6.22x3.76 GIA K SI2
OEC 0.94ct 6.02x6.26x3.75 GIA K SI2
20210128_151123.jpg

So, for the mounting, there was a definitely difference in the tone of the emerald when placed in yellow or white gold, but I knew I wanted white gold for the diamonds. It was a tought decision, but decided to go with white gold for the whole ring rather than two-tone. I love the soft patina of 18kt white gold as it ages. It just seems a bit less cold than platinum. I also knew that I wanted very delicate prongs. (With a three stone ring when all the stones are similar in size, sometimes, all I see is a railroad track of prongs.) So, we decided to go with delicate prongs, but double prong the emerald.
Here are CAD shots for those who like to see them!

ring4 fou(1).jpg

And, here is the finished ring! Oops, I need a manicure...

20210219_180529 (1).jpg 20210220_113345 (1).jpg 20210220_113547 (1).jpg 20210220_125602 (2).jpg 20210220_113333.jpg 20210220_074603.jpg

Hope you enjoy! XOXOX

Attachments

• 20210220_074603.jpg
    20210220_074603.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 11

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Amazing emerald! So beautiful and love hearing the story behind it. I am fairly certain I have that inspo pic saved in my favorites as well (Verma Antiques I think?). It’s a gorgeous ring!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
That emerald is so luscious and the diamonds are perfect with it! So gorgeous.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
This is immaculate! I love it so much!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's possible for this ring to be more perfect, I absolutely love every single thing about it! It is really gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you.

clementinemm

Rough_Rock
So gorgeous! I love the color of the emerald!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
That emerald is gorgeous. I love that color, it's so perfect! Adding those beautiful and nicely sized OEC's gives it a lot of presence on your hand. It has quite a bit of finger coverage while still looking very wearable. It sounds like you had a great experience with Gemological Resources, thank you for sharing that. Thank you for the pictures, we definitely wouldn't mind seeing more :)

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful ring. The emerald has such a beautiful crystal appearance to it, so clean and saturated in that amazing Columbian color. Sorry it took so long to reply. I finally got to see this on my big computer. 99.9% of the time, I'm viewing these things on my phone, and it's hard to see the detail or the beauty unless you get a super close up shot.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunner. That green! Thanks so much for sharing.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtakingly beautiful!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! Outstanding! I love three stones like this with large side stones and man, that beautiful emerald!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Hi All, created a thread to share my Columbian emerald and OEC three-stone ring! Thank you @Mreader for the suggestion!

To start, in the year 2020, I had a BIG birthday (one whose number shall not be spoken aloud...) I'd been dreaming of an emerald birthstone ring for years and decided that I'd better do it now if I want to enjoy it! I read every emerald post here on Pricescope, and also read Ron Ringsrud's book Emerald's A Passionate Guide, which is a marvelous story as well as being instructional. But, I was over-whelmed and afraid to make a mistake in choosing a stone on my own. I had worked with Gemological Resources in PA a few years ago to re-set my engagement ring, but didn't realize at the time that the owner, Shawn, was so knowledgeable and passionate about emeralds (also natural pearls, BTW.) Anyway, he was excited to help me find the right stone. I knew I wanted an untreated, Columbian, emerald cut of about 1.5ct. Shawn sent a few videos, and we agreed on a few stones for me to see in person. I have to say that you need to move quickly if you find one you like because it won't last long. I hesitated for about two days on one stone and lost it. Anyway, the decision was narrowed down to two stones: the 1.29 ct that I purchased, and another 1.45 that was more rectangular, more ideal in saturation but not as cyrstalline or flashy. I literally had heart flutters when I saw this stone!

20201216_130109.jpg 20201216_130208.jpg 20201222_151834.jpg

So, for the ring, I had a few inspiration pictures of an Edwardian style 3-stone ring with OEC stones. I thought about using trillions, or even baguettes or other step cut side stones, but kept returning to the emerald cut between the two rounds. This is my favorite of the inspo photo, a square cut with OECs.

gem-1-30-carat-colombian-emerald-and-diamond-ring_2_30-1-10110.jpg

After a couple of weeks of searching, Shawn and Janet at Gemological Resources found two really well-matched OECS within my budget! I'm posting a side view of the three stones prior to mounting. Just love OECs! Just enough bling but not too much to overpower the emerald.

Stone stats:
Emerald cut Emerald: 1.29cts 7.10x6.41x4.68 AGS Columbian origin, enhancement: None
OEC 0.95ct 6.08x6.22x3.76 GIA K SI2
OEC 0.94ct 6.02x6.26x3.75 GIA K SI2
20210128_151123.jpg

So, for the mounting, there was a definitely difference in the tone of the emerald when placed in yellow or white gold, but I knew I wanted white gold for the diamonds. It was a tought decision, but decided to go with white gold for the whole ring rather than two-tone. I love the soft patina of 18kt white gold as it ages. It just seems a bit less cold than platinum. I also knew that I wanted very delicate prongs. (With a three stone ring when all the stones are similar in size, sometimes, all I see is a railroad track of prongs.) So, we decided to go with delicate prongs, but double prong the emerald.
Here are CAD shots for those who like to see them!

ring4 fou(1).jpg

And, here is the finished ring! Oops, I need a manicure...

20210219_180529 (1).jpg 20210220_113345 (1).jpg 20210220_113547 (1).jpg 20210220_125602 (2).jpg 20210220_113333.jpg 20210220_074603.jpg

Hope you enjoy! XOXOX

WOW! Perfection! congrats!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous emerald. That color is stunning. I can see why you fell in love with it! It looks so perfect with the OECs. Wear it in good health.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: LOVE. Just love your ring. That color.
I like to ogle this one on 1stdibs...
16795c_master.jpg

lindy520

Rough_Rock
That emerald is so luscious and the diamonds are perfect with it! So gorgeous.
@Mrs_Strizzle Oh, thank you!

This is immaculate! I love it so much!

@ean Thank you! I thought the clarity on the emerald was pretty special.
So gorgeous! I love the color of the emerald!!

@clementinemm Thank you! It's like traffic light green...
I don't think it's possible for this ring to be more perfect, I absolutely love every single thing about it! It is really gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you.

@junebug17 Thank you so much! I am really pleased with the way it turned out!

lindy520

Rough_Rock
That emerald is gorgeous. I love that color, it's so perfect! Adding those beautiful and nicely sized OEC's gives it a lot of presence on your hand. It has quite a bit of finger coverage while still looking very wearable. It sounds like you had a great experience with Gemological Resources, thank you for sharing that. Thank you for the pictures, we definitely wouldn't mind seeing more :)

@peppermintpatty Thank you so much! LOL you are right about finger coverage. I was a bit worried about the edge to edge coverage, but have worn it since picking it up last Friday, and I'm happy to say that it's quite comfortable ;)2 I'm sure I'll be taking more photos, too!:lol-2:

That is such a beautiful ring. The emerald has such a beautiful crystal appearance to it, so clean and saturated in that amazing Columbian color. Sorry it took so long to reply. I finally got to see this on my big computer. 99.9% of the time, I'm viewing these things on my phone, and it's hard to see the detail or the beauty unless you get a super close up shot.

@T L Thanks for taking the time to look at the photos! I really appreciate your input and compliments. I am a newbie at taking stone and jewelry photos.

What a stunner. That green! Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you!!! (And, I've learned so much from others posts that I felt I ought to give a bit back in some way!)
Gorgeous!!!

Thank you!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! And so elegant!

lindy520

Rough_Rock
Breathtakingly beautiful!

@Bonfire Thank you! (And, I love your avatar. Our Blenheim CKC, Maddie, left our lives 2 years ago, but will be forever in our hearts.)

I love the pairing of emerald and OECs! Your ring is just fab, @lindy520!
Utterly fabulous!

@maita13 Thank you so much!

Oh wow! Outstanding! I love three stones like this with large side stones and man, that beautiful emerald!

@BrownGinger Thank you!!!
WOW! Perfection! congrats!!

@kimberlyqkim Thanks! I am so pleased!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire Thank you! (And, I love your avatar. Our Blenheim CKC, Maddie, left our lives 2 years ago, but will be forever in our hearts.)

Aww I’m so sorry. Our very old boy is very much on his last legs. They are the sweetest!

lindy520

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous emerald. That color is stunning. I can see why you fell in love with it! It looks so perfect with the OECs. Wear it in good health.

@rcjtraveler Thank you so much!
:love: :love: LOVE. Just love your ring. That color.
I like to ogle this one on 1stdibs...
16795c_master.jpg

@rcjtraveler Thank you! Yes, I'm pretty sure I saw that one on line, too! I looked at every emerald three-stone I could find - drove my husband nuts.

Absolutely gorgeous! And so elegant!

@Mcgregor Thank you! That's what I was hoping for!

lindy520

Rough_Rock
Aww I’m so sorry. Our very old boy is very much on his last legs. They are the sweetest!

Yes, they are!!! I literally just wish we could have cloned her.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the stones, the idea, and the execution of this ring! What a ring! I hope you enjoy it for many, many years to come.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite EVER rings!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results