shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique ring dish/ring box?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

I'm curious how you ladies store your rings when not in a jewelry box. Does anyone have any unique and beautiful ring box or ring dish they can share? Somewhere down the line I was thinking of investing in a Mrs. Box, but would love other ideas. I take of my ER when I'm washing or cooking so curious if anyone has pretty ring dish pics :)

I really love these vintage "book" ring holders!

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.23.09 AM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off on a tangent but ive spent the last few days looking at ceramic jewlery/trinket boxes on line to put darling Tibby's ashes in, but the little carboard box he came back home in is slightly too big for what i had picked out

There are some lovelly little boxes out there

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

I'm curious how you ladies store your rings when not in a jewelry box. Does anyone have any unique and beautiful ring box or ring dish they can share? Somewhere down the line I was thinking of investing in a Mrs. Box, but would love other ideas. I take of my ER when I'm washing or cooking so curious if anyone has pretty ring dish pics :)

I really love these vintage "book" ring holders!

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.23.09 AM.png
Hi :)

I bought some lovely little velvet ring boxes with a space for two rings off eBay of all places. I also recommend looking up Fanxi on AliExpress - I have some of their wood jewellery storage boxes and they are fab. Shipping was about 3 weeks at the height of Covid, not too bad at all.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Off on a tangent but ive spent the last few days looking at ceramic jewlery/trinket boxes on line to put darling Tibby's ashes in, but the little carboard box he came back home in is slightly too big for what i had picked out

Just have to say condolences about Tibby x

Moonie

Shiny_Rock

So sorry for your loss :cry2:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Hi :)

I bought some lovely little velvet ring boxes with a space for two rings off eBay of all places. I also recommend looking up Fanxi on AliExpress - I have some of their wood jewellery storage boxes and they are fab. Shipping was about 3 weeks at the height of Covid, not too bad at all.

ooh off to take a look! Thank you for the recommendation

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Moonie and @RockFox
I didn't mean to thread jack, its just a coincidence (I'd rather not have had :(2)
but there really are some beautuful wee boxes out there

Tibby can't go in the garden till after we have painted the house and built a new fence ...so we can then do the garden, and i want him to be in something pretty - because even boy cats like pretty things

Im going to go with mum's jewlery box - (very on topic) but ill have to work out how to clean it - both for Tibby and to show PS
Its very retro 1980s man made marble with a matt finish
i have quite a collection of this particular brand- Marlestone, i bought to use as jewlery boxes because as a kid i just loved mum's one that sat on her dutchess
It would be a bit too retro for most

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Ohh im so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds. I can so sympathize, my beloved dog Jack passed a month ago, and i had to find a box for him as well. Amazon has some lovely rosewood ones, if you have that available to you.

As for rings boxes, i have ring bowls all over my house bc i constantly take off my rings. But, my husband has bought them all, so i wouldn't consider them unique or overly pretty, lol!! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh im so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds. I can so sympathize, my beloved dog Jack passed a month ago, and i had to find a box for him as well. Amazon has some lovely rosewood ones, if you have that available to you.

As for rings boxes, i have ring bowls all over my house bc i constantly take off my rings. But, my husband has bought them all, so i wouldn't consider them unique or overly pretty, lol!! :)

Im so sorry about your dear Jack :(2
Native timber jewlery boxes are popular here (or not popular :lol: as trade me (nz ebay) is full of them as baby boomers downsize or go into homes and older generation X's declutter )

I love the idea of little jewlery bowls - i bought 2/3s of a trio (no cup) to break up for mosaics but it was too pretty
i plan to make it into a jewlery thingy like a 2 taired cake stand to sit on my dutchess
Another project ....waiting for me to get paid employment to enable it

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a crystal ring dish in my bathroom which is used the most, and I have a couple of beautiful Jay Strongwater ones on my dresser that were gifts! The top one has a middle stem for rings that is hard to see in this picture.

VCA 2016-02-16 11.17.17.jpg VCAlapisbracelet.JC10.jpg

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like to use a tea candle holder for my rings. I leave them beside the sinks I use the most, such as the kitchen and my bathroom. Here is my favorite one That I have beside my bed, where my rings sit every night and man is it heavy! 1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg
1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I have a wood dish on my kitchen window above the sink. It Is very plain, but I love it because I can always see my ring because it does not blend in with the wood. I have a clear one in the bathroom. Both of mine were super inexpensive 141C9A5B-F012-4A30-B366-49AA84E21D3C.png

Attachments

• DF199F38-C7F2-48EB-BAB8-C581B4A0AFB2.png
    DF199F38-C7F2-48EB-BAB8-C581B4A0AFB2.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 30

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have a crystal ring dish in my bathroom which is used the most, and I have a couple of beautiful Jay Strongwater ones on my dresser that were gifts! The top one has a middle stem for rings that is hard to see in this picture.

These are beautiful!! They look even better with vca in them!! :kiss2:

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I have a lovely vintage silver Birks bell and a new velvet hexagon box, both can hold two rings at a time.

Attachments

• 54FBB91F-F602-4FB0-8D14-6A73DA2CAA4E.jpeg
    54FBB91F-F602-4FB0-8D14-6A73DA2CAA4E.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 22

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like to use a tea candle holder for my rings. I leave them beside the sinks I use the most, such as the kitchen and my bathroom. Here is my favorite one That I have beside my bed, where my rings sit every night and man is it heavy! 1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg
1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png

That is a great idea and so pretty
...and much safer than lighting candles!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I have a stone box w/lid by the sink, it was hubbys from ages ago, and a cheap small jewelry box on my nightstand. Everything has to have a lid because my cat (in my avatar) is a kleptokitty...she loves anything sparkly and will steal jewelry if she can get to it!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Moonie and @RockFox
I didn't mean to thread jack, its just a coincidence (I'd rather not have had :(2)
but there really are some beautuful wee boxes out there

Tibby can't go in the garden till after we have painted the house and built a new fence ...so we can then do the garden, and i want him to be in something pretty - because even boy cats like pretty things

Im going to go with mum's jewlery box - (very on topic) but ill have to work out how to clean it - both for Tibby and to show PS
Its very retro 1980s man made marble with a matt finish
i have quite a collection of this particular brand- Marlestone, i bought to use as jewlery boxes because as a kid i just loved mum's one that sat on her dutchess
It would be a bit too retro for most

I am so sorry for your loss Daisy! I know how it hurts...sending big ((((hugs))))

Moonie

Shiny_Rock

VCA 2016-02-16 11.17.17.jpg VCAlapisbracelet.JC10.jpg

Oh these are beautiful!!! I love the blue with the Van Cleef and Arpel, a very classy look!!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock

this is such a good idea!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I have a lovely vintage silver Birks bell and a new velvet hexagon box, both can hold two rings at a time.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is the Birks bell used for?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Birks is a high end Canadian jewellery store and when you buy an engagement ring from them they give you your ring in the silver bell box. It’s just a fancy ring box but they have changed over the years and for many people, collectable. FDC5FF9F-75E7-46E1-867E-F30887250D52.jpeg

Amazing box! Love it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Birks is a high end Canadian jewellery store and when you buy an engagement ring from them they give you your ring in the silver bell box. It’s just a fancy ring box but they have changed over the years and for many people, collectable. FDC5FF9F-75E7-46E1-867E-F30887250D52.jpeg

Wow ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock

Oh I love that! Very elegant.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Does any knowledgeable PSer know who the Etsy seller might be for this box? So beautiful and in great condition if it's truly vintage.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
The truly vintage ones are more often than not a one off and very hard to find in mint condition. Sellers of vintage jewellery often buy them for display purposes, so they can be pricey. There is a vintage Cartier one on eBay (expensive but the closest to the envelope one you posted in terms of shape) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153989015480 there is also a box currently listed originally from Garrard (the queen’s jewellers) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...-/363280043222?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Eragem also has a few listed: https://eragem.com/old-ring-boxes. I quite liked this one on Etsy: https://etsy.me/3qylpkl

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
The truly vintage ones are more often than not a one off and very hard to find in mint condition. Sellers of vintage jewellery often buy them for display purposes, so they can be pricey. There is a vintage Cartier one on eBay (expensive but the closest to the envelope one you posted in terms of shape) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153989015480 there is also a box currently listed originally from Garrard (the queen’s jewellers) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...-/363280043222?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Eragem also has a few listed: https://eragem.com/old-ring-boxes. I quite liked this one on Etsy: https://etsy.me/3qylpkl

Thank you for linking these!! I've looked on Etsy but not on Ebay...I should take a closer look. The green Garrard one is lovely!! I've checked on Eragem as well but their very cute bookish never seem to be on sale unfortunately...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results