shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique ring dish/ring box?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

I'm curious how you ladies store your rings when not in a jewelry box. Does anyone have any unique and beautiful ring box or ring dish they can share? Somewhere down the line I was thinking of investing in a Mrs. Box, but would love other ideas. I take of my ER when I'm washing or cooking so curious if anyone has pretty ring dish pics :)

I really love these vintage "book" ring holders!

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.23.09 AM.png

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

I'm curious how you ladies store your rings when not in a jewelry box. Does anyone have any unique and beautiful ring box or ring dish they can share? Somewhere down the line I was thinking of investing in a Mrs. Box, but would love other ideas. I take of my ER when I'm washing or cooking so curious if anyone has pretty ring dish pics :)

I really love these vintage "book" ring holders!

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.23.09 AM.png
Hi :)

I bought some lovely little velvet ring boxes with a space for two rings off eBay of all places. I also recommend looking up Fanxi on AliExpress - I have some of their wood jewellery storage boxes and they are fab. Shipping was about 3 weeks at the height of Covid, not too bad at all.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Hi :)

I bought some lovely little velvet ring boxes with a space for two rings off eBay of all places. I also recommend looking up Fanxi on AliExpress - I have some of their wood jewellery storage boxes and they are fab. Shipping was about 3 weeks at the height of Covid, not too bad at all.

ooh off to take a look! Thank you for the recommendation

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Moonie and @RockFox
I didn't mean to thread jack, its just a coincidence (I'd rather not have had :(2)
but there really are some beautuful wee boxes out there

Tibby can't go in the garden till after we have painted the house and built a new fence ...so we can then do the garden, and i want him to be in something pretty - because even boy cats like pretty things

Im going to go with mum's jewlery box - (very on topic) but ill have to work out how to clean it - both for Tibby and to show PS
Its very retro 1980s man made marble with a matt finish
i have quite a collection of this particular brand- Marlestone, i bought to use as jewlery boxes because as a kid i just loved mum's one that sat on her dutchess
It would be a bit too retro for most

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Off on a tangent but ive spent the last few days looking at ceramic jewlery/trinket boxes on line to put darling Tibby's ashes in, but the little carboard box he came back home in is slightly too big for what i had picked out

There are some lovelly little boxes out there

Ohh im so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds. I can so sympathize, my beloved dog Jack passed a month ago, and i had to find a box for him as well. Amazon has some lovely rosewood ones, if you have that available to you.

As for rings boxes, i have ring bowls all over my house bc i constantly take off my rings. But, my husband has bought them all, so i wouldn't consider them unique or overly pretty, lol!! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh im so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds. I can so sympathize, my beloved dog Jack passed a month ago, and i had to find a box for him as well. Amazon has some lovely rosewood ones, if you have that available to you.

As for rings boxes, i have ring bowls all over my house bc i constantly take off my rings. But, my husband has bought them all, so i wouldn't consider them unique or overly pretty, lol!! :)

Im so sorry about your dear Jack :(2
Native timber jewlery boxes are popular here (or not popular :lol: as trade me (nz ebay) is full of them as baby boomers downsize or go into homes and older generation X's declutter )

I love the idea of little jewlery bowls - i bought 2/3s of a trio (no cup) to break up for mosaics but it was too pretty
i plan to make it into a jewlery thingy like a 2 taired cake stand to sit on my dutchess
Another project ....waiting for me to get paid employment to enable it

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have a crystal ring dish in my bathroom which is used the most, and I have a couple of beautiful Jay Strongwater ones on my dresser that were gifts! The top one has a middle stem for rings that is hard to see in this picture.

These are beautiful!! They look even better with vca in them!! :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like to use a tea candle holder for my rings. I leave them beside the sinks I use the most, such as the kitchen and my bathroom. Here is my favorite one That I have beside my bed, where my rings sit every night and man is it heavy! 1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg
1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png

That is a great idea and so pretty
...and much safer than lighting candles!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I have a stone box w/lid by the sink, it was hubbys from ages ago, and a cheap small jewelry box on my nightstand. Everything has to have a lid because my cat (in my avatar) is a kleptokitty...she loves anything sparkly and will steal jewelry if she can get to it!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Moonie and @RockFox
I didn't mean to thread jack, its just a coincidence (I'd rather not have had :(2)
but there really are some beautuful wee boxes out there

Tibby can't go in the garden till after we have painted the house and built a new fence ...so we can then do the garden, and i want him to be in something pretty - because even boy cats like pretty things

Im going to go with mum's jewlery box - (very on topic) but ill have to work out how to clean it - both for Tibby and to show PS
Its very retro 1980s man made marble with a matt finish
i have quite a collection of this particular brand- Marlestone, i bought to use as jewlery boxes because as a kid i just loved mum's one that sat on her dutchess
It would be a bit too retro for most

I am so sorry for your loss Daisy! I know how it hurts...sending big ((((hugs))))

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I like to use a tea candle holder for my rings. I leave them beside the sinks I use the most, such as the kitchen and my bathroom. Here is my favorite one That I have beside my bed, where my rings sit every night and man is it heavy! 1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg
1D84E3CC-3A14-4DFC-9B0A-9E2932B87788.jpeg 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png 797AB4AD-A4FE-4C2F-AF45-4EBDA897F63C.png

this is such a good idea!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Birks is a high end Canadian jewellery store and when you buy an engagement ring from them they give you your ring in the silver bell box. It’s just a fancy ring box but they have changed over the years and for many people, collectable. FDC5FF9F-75E7-46E1-867E-F30887250D52.jpeg

Oh I love that! Very elegant.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
The truly vintage ones are more often than not a one off and very hard to find in mint condition. Sellers of vintage jewellery often buy them for display purposes, so they can be pricey. There is a vintage Cartier one on eBay (expensive but the closest to the envelope one you posted in terms of shape) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153989015480 there is also a box currently listed originally from Garrard (the queen’s jewellers) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...-/363280043222?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Eragem also has a few listed: https://eragem.com/old-ring-boxes. I quite liked this one on Etsy: https://etsy.me/3qylpkl

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
The truly vintage ones are more often than not a one off and very hard to find in mint condition. Sellers of vintage jewellery often buy them for display purposes, so they can be pricey. There is a vintage Cartier one on eBay (expensive but the closest to the envelope one you posted in terms of shape) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153989015480 there is also a box currently listed originally from Garrard (the queen’s jewellers) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...-/363280043222?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Eragem also has a few listed: https://eragem.com/old-ring-boxes. I quite liked this one on Etsy: https://etsy.me/3qylpkl

Thank you for linking these!! I've looked on Etsy but not on Ebay...I should take a closer look. The green Garrard one is lovely!! I've checked on Eragem as well but their very cute bookish never seem to be on sale unfortunately...

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    Diamond Prices - April 2021
    Diamond Prices - April 2021
    The Unconventional Jewelry Hunt
    The Unconventional Jewelry Hunt

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.