shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Dang, two posters with excellent judgement like this, too.
I would if I could.

I can only hope low colors start popping up on major sites more often. I love them. I think this will be my next buy, but it will be a while (not this ring but one like it).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Human nature is funny. If icy white is now obtainable in lab, it almost stands to reason that the lower colors may become a sign of a natural diamond. Same for flourescence.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a photo. It definitely has a bow tie but I decided to keep it anyway. It wasn't much money and I think I have something I can do with it. I've had a hard time getting a photo. It definitely looks whiter probably because of the flouro. And doesn't seem to go milky, so that's good. It's pretty flat though, which is why it's size is so much more than it's carat weight.
IMG_5980.JPG

so I think I'm going back to just a flush kind of setting in white metal with a kind of cup underneath to minimize the leakage. Nothing fancy, just a simple band like this. CAD is before we spoke about the cup which will still have some kind of opening for cleaning, but probably not much. I'm leaving it up to DK and Amy to figure out what works.
DK 91497-QUAD-1.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so I think I'm going back to just a flush kind of setting in white metal with a kind of cup underneath to minimize the leakage. Nothing fancy, just a simple band like this. CAD is before we spoke about the cup which will still have some kind of opening for cleaning, but probably not much. I'm leaving it up to DK and Amy to figure out what works.
DK 91497-QUAD-1.png

Here it is. Being shipped today.
DKPV2021___06__11____91497 V2____91497 V2.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok PSers, I need help!

I am obsessed with these 2 weird stones!

The first one is just crazy, and the second almost looks like a confused peruzzi.

@oncrutchesrightnow @DejaWiz @tyty333 @Karl_K Do you think the second is similar to a peruzzi? The name itself isnt impirtant to me, but i really like the look of them!

Screenshot_20230529_165512_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20230529_164422_Chrome.png

Well, I'm none of those people and the second is what I would call a Peruzzi! I love it.
* this first looks like a single/mazarin cut.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I agree the first looks like a mazarin! Gahhhh there's no video of the 2nd one available but I'm so tempted to buy anyway

If you can, honestly, I would.
I have an especial yen for Peruzzi cuts and you don't see them often. You really don't.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that second stone @lovedogs ! Do you have a side pic of the stone? Unfortunately, I cant tell what's going
on in the crown area so could be peruzzi like cut, or could be a square OEC/well-cut OMC? I'm sure @Karl_K can narrow it
down a little more. Whatever it is, I say get it! It's really cute! Looking forward to more details (after you buy :bigsmile:).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ok PSers, I need help!

The first one is just crazy, and the second almost looks like a confused peruzzi.

@oncrutchesrightnow @DejaWiz @tyty333 @Karl_K Do you think the second is similar to a peruzzi? The name itself isnt impirtant to me, but i really like the look of them!

I encourage this behavior. They are charming!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that second stone @lovedogs ! Do you have a side pic of the stone? Unfortunately, I cant tell what's going
on in the crown area so could be peruzzi like cut, or could be a square OEC/well-cut OMC? I'm sure @Karl_K can narrow it
down a little more. Whatever it is, I say get it! It's really cute! Looking forward to more details (after you buy :bigsmile:).

Ugh I'm trying to find more pics, but sadly can't find any thus far. The proportions (depth, table) are exactly aligned with a peruzzi from what I've seen, but obviously lack of pics is irritating

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't tell from the pics but Yoram might.
If you get it you could try emailing him from his website about it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tell from the pics but Yoram might.
If you get it you could try emailing him from his website about it.

Are there any telltale signs of a peruzzi cut that I can look out for? Proportions? Profile pics?

@ItsMainelyYou tagging you too

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry I don't have the jargon down to give a fancy explanation, I just know from looking at hundreds of them. Traditional Peruzzi are quite squared, look closer to French/Old Single cuts . Steep angular crowns/pavilions.
A lot of old cuts bleed from one style to another with only subtle differences. It's also interesting to see who calls a cut what, and depending, there are differences yet considered under the umbrella. Some, I wouldn't call Peruzzi at all...and yet, I guess they are.
There are faceting diagrams you can find easily on Google, but I'm not sure if I can link those here. I found one on PS though!
different-types-of-cuts.png stock-photo-ancient-diamond-cutting-styles-front-view-diagrams-titles-on-white-background-d-il...jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I don't have the jargon down to give a fancy explanation, I just know from looking at hundreds of them. Traditional Peruzzi are quite squared, look closer to French/Old Single cuts . Steep angular crowns/pavilions.
A lot of old cuts bleed from one style to another with only subtle differences. It's also interesting to see who calls a cut what, and depending, there are differences yet considered under the umbrella. Some, I wouldn't call Peruzzi at all...and yet, I guess they are.
There are faceting diagrams you can find easily on Google, but I'm not sure if I can link those here. I found one on PS though!
different-types-of-cuts.png stock-photo-ancient-diamond-cutting-styles-front-view-diagrams-titles-on-white-background-d-il...jpg

I saw a few of these pics, but not the shutterstock one. It's super helpful as I look at thr peruzzi vs old mine next to each other. Definitely similar, but the peruzzi is more angular.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Years ago I bought cheap Iranian rugs from ebay and I learned to not try to guess the pattern. It's whatever the guy's uncle says it is.
lovedogs, this is so exciting! Can't wait for more.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ok PSers, I need help!

Shucks.

First of all, it looks awesome, if your documentation/additional photos show the angles are poofy rather than flat.

Second, IMHO it might have too many facets for Peruzzi, but defer to the more expert-er people.

Definitely “wonderfully wonky” and not 100% super crisp. If there’s a reliable return policy then here is a vote for “get it!”

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stock-photo-ancient-diamond-cutting-styles-front-view-diagrams-titles-on-white-background-d-il...jpg

Interesting, because what is shown as a French cut vs. Peruzzi has me kind of stumped. This ring is made of Yoram's French cuts. What would this chart identify them as?
Screenshot 2023-05-30 205308.jpg
the sides came from this parcel and he cut the center for me
1685494747102.png
the Peruzzi's seem to have a bit of a bowed out side

1685494837558.png

So I'm not sure what your stone might be and maybe as @ItsMainelyYou says it's a blend and not really a particular cut. Blend of OMC, Peruzzi? Asking Yoram what he thinks might give you the guidance of someone who specializes in old cuts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results