shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm almost disappointed that it's not weirder in person, but I like it anyway!
Right!? That is exactly how I feel. It’s fine, but kinda normal looking :)

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
It’s here!

It does not look like I had imagined at all. Under a loupe I can verify it is the same diamond. However, it has so much inner reflection is it both pretty bright and a crushed ice look. It is a j .70 si1. Eyeclean (i mean what is going to show up in crushed ice?). Strong Fluorescence because that is fun too. I threw it into the cheapest Ritani setting, but it is still a nice setting. Bigger than I anticipated for a .70. A fun option to wear and I did want another smaller mined diamond option.

My wedding ring does not match, hubby is sleeping and my selections are behind closed doors.

Also, does not get ugly outside under UV (whew). E9D3B3B0-A7A4-4A86-A435-0BDE330B6758.jpeg

02A3739F-E8B2-4916-89BA-BAEED6850A55.jpeg 6CD1E13C-DBE5-4929-95F8-25F369734E4C.jpeg

1E030B4A-EF40-4266-AF6D-7D15D51E261D.jpeg D92600FC-EC48-44A8-A09E-8CCCD5B85B47.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-03-10 202639.png

#JOTW because SOMEONE GOT A WEIRD DIAMOND POSTED ON THIS THREAD!! We need to encourage more of this. :D

Not to threadjack but just to comment on cut, I got a similar stone from Ivy and Rose in which the stone was old cut and had a culet. It was not poofy, though; it had a wide table. Different but pretty.

Now you have an oval ish-cushion ish-oldish cool ring. Good job!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Set weirdo for sale. Quality TBD… grading is by GSI. Thirty day return policy… somebody do it…

BAC4DC55-E78F-4237-BCF1-83FC451E911E.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
#JOTW because SOMEONE GOT A WEIRD DIAMOND POSTED ON THIS THREAD!! We need to encourage more of this. :D

Not to threadjack but just to comment on cut, I got a similar stone from Ivy and Rose in which the stone was old cut and had a culet. It was not poofy, though; it had a wide table. Different but pretty.

Now you have an oval ish-cushion ish-oldish cool ring. Good job!

Awe, well let's have more weird diamond rings! I should not be the last. We need weirder though. Hahaha at #JOTW, although if someone brings one of those off graphic wonders to this thread, I would love to see it.

It is a sweet and delicate little stone. I could see it in an Ivy & Rose setting. No threadjacking, do you still have yours? care to share?

"...oval ish-cushion ish-oldish cool ring."

My finger is ready for anything.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I've always wondered why they didn't cut diamonds to mimic old lighthouse prisms. I think it would make for some amazing stones. The last one is getting there, though.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Awe, well let's have more weird diamond rings! I should not be the last. We need weirder though. Hahaha at #JOTW, although if someone brings one of those off graphic wonders to this thread, I would love to see it.

It is a sweet and delicate little stone. I could see it in an Ivy & Rose setting. No threadjacking, do you still have yours? care to share?

Here’s a description:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/under-1ct-diamonds.25028/page-115#post-5216290

Photos
3194F1BB-8556-456B-AB95-CC9DC776CE78.jpeg

26FA0B24-9DE8-4BC2-BEF5-B93B3D930269.jpeg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In over 20 years on PriceScope I don't believe I ever asked for help like this before?
We have a client who lost their Spring cut ring we made decades ago.
they would like to replace it, possibly with a graduating suite from say 70-90 up to about 1.5cts in high colour eye clean diamonds.
Anyone know sources for Tycoon, Ashoka, Criss Cut - or any other look alikes?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
In over 20 years on PriceScope I don't believe I ever asked for help like this before?
We have a client who lost their Spring cut ring we made decades ago.
they would like to replace it, possibly with a graduating suite from say 70-90 up to about 1.5cts in high colour eye clean diamonds.
Anyone know sources for Tycoon, Ashoka, Criss Cut - or any other look alikes?

PS. We need pics. And please don’t buy them all.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks Crutches!
These are indeed spring cuts - like Radiants but with a keel!
I never thought to look in radiant cut sections on trade sites - but having now looked at a few hundred I have not found what you found immediately - what's the trick?
1679453682384.png

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Crutches!
I never thought to look in radiant cut sections on trade sites - but having now looked at a few hundred I have not found what you found immediately - what's the trick?
1679453682384.png

Scroll really fast and the weird cuts stand out. Extremely scientific.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Crutches!
1679453682384.png

PS Try JA, too.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Crutches!
1679453682384.png

This worked for me in lab, but searching under various oblong rectangular cuts, and sometimes cushions (!) for large culets.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, big help!
I found the supplier of all these - 6 in total in 4 countries.
A set of 5 can be made, but not recommending to my client:
1679529787279.png

I love these so much. Are they all considered spring cut?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone, big help!
I found the supplier of all these - 6 in total in 4 countries.
A set of 5 can be made, but not recommending to my client:
1679529787279.png

I am really loving these as having less mushiness than most radiants, but more interest than emeralds, more octaginier than cushions, and less squiggly than tycoons/ahsokas. Problem — this is one of the rare occasions when I want more than one carat and I cannot find any.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am really loving these as having less mushiness than most radiants, but more interest than emeralds, more octaginier than cushions, and less squiggly than tycoons/ahsokas. Problem — this is one of the rare occasions when I want more than one carat and I cannot find any.
open to lab?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Check out Ritani labs > additional filters:
Cushion with large culet (a chunkier version)
Ascher with large culet (a finer criss-cross)
I may need a new hobby

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I may need a new hobby

Never! :lol:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I may need a new hobby

Thank you… is there a way to view the diamonds in a grid, as opposed to having to click on them?

And we all support you in your hobby!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Nope, slow pickings and one at a time. Also, Ritani just added a hpht/cvd filer. . The first I have seen.

Lol, thanks for the support, friends.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results