shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique cocktail Diamond Bracelet.... any info?

vintagecharm

Rough_Rock
Photo 3 of 3. After cleaning, indoor light---

IMG_2185bracelet.jpg

vintagecharm

Rough_Rock
JewelerMan---
Wow, I really appreciate the fascinating information on its history. The 1890-1910 timespan surprises me. The person who it is from was not born yet. Now, I wonder if it was her family''s, or if she got it at an antique store, or purchased it from someone else, either while in England or America. I will have to have someone look at the cut of the stones, and see if I can find out more about how it relates to our family. I had no idea that it is probably as it as it is. Thanks!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 4:01:12 PM
Author: vintagecharm

Photo 3 of 3. After cleaning, indoor light---
After seeing the close up shots of the piece i believe this piece has modern cut diamonds and so is a modern piece that is done in an antique style.In the mid 1970s through the late 1980s there was a demand for this style of jewelry in reproduction and its a strong possibility that this may be from that period.Bring it to a jeweler who can tell you about the cut and then let us know!

vintagecharm

Rough_Rock
jewelerman -

Thanks. Are there any questions I should ask the jeweler to help date this bracelet?

vintagecharm

Rough_Rock
jewelerman-
Still haven''t taken it to a jeweler yet. Should I find any old jeweler, or one that specializes in vintage items?

SanD-
Thanks. :)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
one who knows the difference between genuine antique and modern replicas...also ask if they can determine the cut of diamonds for you(major clue to age)...good luck!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! after cleaning those stones sure do pop! Beautiful find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results