shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique and Unusual - Post them here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 11:19:04 AM
Author: baby monster

Date: 3/20/2008 6:22:05 AM
Author: Deelight
Jane for fun I might actually wear the mouth ring LOL not in seriousness though :razz:

HRmm for the days you feeling a little spicy ;-) how about this beauty :D

Is it just me or does this look like a huge chili pepper>?
Er, that looks like a mummyfied finger
6.gif
That''s what I was thinking... gross...

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 12:32:02 PM
Author: arjunajane
So, Barry, how many channels can ya get on the new satellite dish?
LM*O! Funny!
9.gif

ajl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to everyone who has posted here. Everytime I start to get stressed about finding the "perfect" diamond and setting I return to this topic and - poof- all better.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/19/2008 12:26:00 PM
By the beach chic
Tee-hee! What''s with all the booby rings?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 12:27:35 PM
Whats most disturbing about this one? The gorgeous quality of workmanship, or the fact its listed as ''Man jewellery''...?
You got some real winners there, arjunajane!
20.gif
I think they''re ALL quite disturbing!
14.gif

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 11:38:41 AM
Author: 777_LDY

Date: 3/20/2008 11:19:04 AM
Author: baby monster

Date: 3/20/2008 6:22:05 AM
Author: Deelight
Jane for fun I might actually wear the mouth ring LOL not in seriousness though :razz:

HRmm for the days you feeling a little spicy ;-) how about this beauty :D

Is it just me or does this look like a huge chili pepper>?
Er, that looks like a mummyfied finger
6.gif
That''s what I was thinking... gross...
That thing, whatever it is, looks like some kind of weapon!!
cwj

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 9:17:31 AM
Author: diamondcut
Found something look like monkey dropping and more ugly and overpriced jewelry here http://www.lussori.com/
Love this http://www.lussori.com/antique-diamond-ring-tiger-ring-diamonds-emeralds-black-enamel-yellow-gold.html
31.gif
I posted this piece on another forum yesterday. This poster was banned twice from that site for posting numerous rude and harassing comments to me and others. That the Lussori site and this de Grisogono piece were posted here today is not a coincidence. I posted a link to the fameo site, which this poster considers to be fine jewelry. This post is my "payback." I am making a public statement because I do not want to be harassed on PS. I come here for enjoyment and do not want to have to deal with this sort of behavior.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh Risingsun,
I hope that whoever is bothering you STOPS it. I think the rest of us were perplexed by that post. Its an unusual pendant, but this page is for the truly laughably wrong. No one commented on that post, but I was just admiring the vibrant gems on the de Grisogono part of the site. Such amazing sapphires and emeralds! The sort of thing to show up on Colored Stones. Risingsun please take heart in that the rest of us (well, me at least) had no idea what that person was talking about and think you have awesome taste.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 1:57:09 PM
Author: risingsun

Found something look like monkey dropping and more ugly and overpriced jewelry here http://www.lussori.com/
Love this http://www.lussori.com/antique-diamond-ring-tiger-ring-diamonds-emeralds-black-enamel-yellow-gold.html
31.gif
I posted this piece on another forum yesterday. This poster was banned twice from that site for posting numerous rude and harassing comments to me and others. That the Lussori site and this de Grisogono piece were posted here today is not a coincidence. I posted a link to the fameo site, which this poster considers to be fine jewelry. This post is my ''payback.'' I am making a public statement because I do not want to be harassed on PS. I come here for enjoyment and do not want to have to deal with this sort of behavior.
??????????????

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 3:35:20 PM
Author: swimmer
Oh Risingsun,
I hope that whoever is bothering you STOPS it. I think the rest of us were perplexed by that post. Its an unusual pendant, but this page is for the truly laughably wrong. No one commented on that post, but I was just admiring the vibrant gems on the de Grisogono part of the site. Such amazing sapphires and emeralds! The sort of thing to show up on Colored Stones. Risingsun please take heart in that the rest of us (well, me at least) had no idea what that person was talking about and think you have awesome taste.
Thanks, swimmer. I hope that this person does not pursue this behavior on PS. I have never had this happen before and want to be able to enjoy my time on my favorite forums
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 4:09:12 PM
Author: cwj

31.gif
I posted this piece on another forum yesterday. This poster was banned twice from that site for posting numerous rude and harassing comments to me and others. That the Lussori site and this de Grisogono piece were posted here today is not a coincidence. I posted a link to the fameo site, which this poster considers to be fine jewelry. This post is my ''payback.'' I am making a public statement because I do not want to be harassed on PS. I come here for enjoyment and do not want to have to deal with this sort of behavior.
??????????????
If you have any questions, I will try to answer them within the guidelines of this forum
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Risingsun, I agree, I was just plain confused by that post, whcih is why i didn''t bother answering. I opened the link and thought, although it may not be for everyone, they were very well made and beautiful pieces.
I too hope that if that kind of behaviour is infact malicious, the person soon realizes this is not acceptable on PS
38.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your response, arjunajane
1.gif

fameojewellery

Rough_Rock

31.gif
First i don''t understand what is wrong with the frog ring and secondly i don''t understand why you are blackening Fameo''s name with bad feedback. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but not when it''s based on nothing real and running down someone else''s company for fun. I don''t get the ''Payback'' for what reason?
I work for Fameo company (Lorraine Miles) and all their jewellery is high quality fine jewellery, very well made pieces and care a great deal about their customers.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Dear Lorraine,
One of your customers decided to use your Froggo piece as an illustration of fine jewelry. That, of course, is a matter of opinion. In the course of doing so, this person blackened the name of a respected jeweler and several well-known designers in a rude and disrespectful manner. This person made repeated personal attacks against me and others who did nothing and said nothing personal against him/her or his/her taste in jewelry--until the posts became vile. Your jewelry speaks for itself and consumers will like it or not based upon their own taste. A comment in this thread won't change someone's opinion about fine jewelry or the pieces that you offer on your website. I am sure you care about your customers. It's a shame that one of your customers used your name in a childish argument about what constitutes fine jewelry design. My apologies if this has caused you any distress.

Best regards,
risingsun

fameojewellery

Rough_Rock
Dear Marian,

Thank you for your reply. Out of curiosity, if the frog ring is not defined as fine jewellery in your opinion, then what would it be described as? (For research purposes).
I also wonder why you responded with a negative remark about Fameo in retaliation to someone not associated with the company?
I would be interested to read the message where a Fameo customer blackened the name of a respected jeweller and several well-known designers. (in PM of course)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Dear Lorraine,
We do not have a PM function on this forum and I think it is best that we leave things as they are. This thread is supposed to be lighthearted and I would like to see it return to its original intent. If you read other threads in this forum, you will see the types of jewelry that appeal to our members.

Best regards,
risingsun

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Words fail me with this one.

P.S. - Yours for the low, low price of $1175!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugly Ring.JPG

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gee whiz, that looks like it''s gone a few rounds with a garbage disposal lol!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
So I found this on Craigslist under the heading: Most Unique &Stunning Ring-18k w/3.67ctwDiamonds&Jewels-Don''t Miss Out - $1300

Well it certainly is unique

unique&stunningcraigslist1.png

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like a little reliquary! It''s funny, stuff on this thread tends to fall into one of two categories for me: Shriek of Terror territory for the poorly-made, poorly-designed, poor overall quality stuff, and a sotto vocce "imightmaybewearthatifihadendlessfunds" for a lot of the rest of it. Bring on the spiders and the reliquaries!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 10:50:15 PM
Author: Circe
It looks like a little reliquary! It''s funny, stuff on this thread tends to fall into one of two categories for me: Shriek of Terror territory for the poorly-made, poorly-designed, poor overall quality stuff, and a sotto vocce ''imightmaybewearthatifihadendlessfunds'' for a lot of the rest of it. Bring on the spiders and the reliquaries!

circe, you''re hilarious. i''m doubled over in laughter!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you! Seriously, if it wasn't over a grand, I would happily wear that and call it my, "In Case of Emergency Design Inspiration, Break Glass" ring. That, or I'd have to figure out who the patron saint of sparkly things is ... and dedicate it in hyr name ....

ETA: St. Eligius, maybe?

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Saint Eligius sounds suspiciously similar to Saint Ugliest. You see? More parallels than we had imagined! Another good idea is to save it for retirement. It would make a handy little pillbox, no?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hee! You make a compelling point ... though, poor St. Eligius loves alllll his children! Yea, from the creations of Leon Mege down to the lowly detritus of eBay, St. Eligius bestows his blessings upon the creations of the goldsmith''s art ....

... admittedly, even he has to be shaking his head at the "table of 4" special above.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
2.31 total carat weight (tcw) diamond bird ring, Munnu, price upon request.

munnu_birdbig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results