carat
color
clarity

Unheated 0.47 carat Burmese ruby?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Screenshot_20200807-184204.jpg

Don't think that link lasts very long.

I haven't asked for hand shots yet because although the material looks nice and he says it's precision cut (my preference), my shape preference would be round and I'm not sure what I think of this modified cushion step cut. However I also know the crystals grow in this elongated shape and I'm fed up of seeing windows everywhere so maybe that's the compromise I need to make. It's a tiny stone but I'm only after a tiny stone.

It's strongly fluorescent and I'm told vivid, my understanding is that this is a typical Burmese colour but I could be wrong.

It's £923 plus import etc from America.
The post is £45. Returns accepted but a hassle.

Opinions? Thanks! :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
From the photo you shared here, it looks so much like a rubellite (red tourmaline) that honestly I'm not very excited after seeing the one picture. I believe it's the right price and hope it looks better than the pictures. Does look glowy.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to see from the picture, but the clarity of the stone doesn't look very good. It also looks to be quite pink rather than the true red most people want in a Burmese ruby. If you like this color, I would recommend looking at unheated pink sapphires, which would be much less expensive, and you could probably find one in a round shape.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
To me it looks more like a hot pink sapphire. Beautiful saturated color, but if it is a true color of the stone, you will probably have a hard time to explain to anyone who asks that this is actually ruby, not sapphire.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys, that's really helpful. I see a lot of stones that GIA call purplish red ruby that I would have said were a hot pink sapphire beforehand. It is the same for this one as well. However when I look at hot pink sapphires they're not the right colour. I really like this particular colour and I also like reds that are very vivid but with a hint of purple in. I definitely want fluorescence as well. Can you get all that in a sapphire? I don't really mind if this isn't a ruby but a sapphire but I wouldn't want to pay ruby prices for sapphire, if that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its got tons of pink to me as well,but if its report says ruby then there you go, a hot pink ruby! I'm sure there's a cutoff but may be how the image is taken by the seller which brings out its more 'pink' side. btw I went back and looked at the report and was like :shock: their image might be purple red but the image the seller used isn't....

Does the seller have a return window? if so you may need to see this one in hand.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the article!

When I look at:

It's interesting because I would say that the stone is about the same colour as this stone above, which is said to be on the border of ruby and sapphire - if such a thing can be quantified. The GIA picture makes it look a touch more red than that. Maybe that's why it's been called ruby. I still think it's more hot pink as well rather than red but I do like the colour a lot a lot. However if I could get a non windowed round of the same colour I would prefer it... So probably I should hold out. The return window is within seven days after receipt but will be such a hassle so I would like to be sure before buying. I don't however want to miss out on a good opportunity but I think I should have hearts coming out of my eyes and I'm not sure I do.

Thanks guys.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you decide against this ruby, I would be very interested in it ... I don't know who the vendor is, but perhaps you wouldn't mind contacting me via LT to send the link if you choose not to move forward with the purchase? https://loupetroop.com/users/marymm

If you do buy the stone, I look forward to your IRL pics and your comments on the ruby!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@marymm, I'm going to sleep on it because the shape grows on me and I love the colour and the video. Overall even if it's considered sapphire it doesn't look that much too expensive for sapphire... But I promise if I decide to not go for it I'll message you the information and then likely be insanely jealous! Your interest in it is reassuring to me....

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ well, you know I think it is worth checking out (although I don't know the price and that is always a factor lol) ... if it is a fair price, go for it!!! I really like the cut and the bit of glow even if the color is more pink than may be preferable in a ruby =)2

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It's £923 plus import etc from America.
The post is £45. Returns accepted within seven days.
Not sure what it comes up as when being sold as dollars.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a ruby or a pink sapphire?
the $64,000 question!
If you love the colour/tone/hue buy the gemstone not the label, though a “ruby” label adds extra $$$ to the price.
so sellers say “ruby” buyers hope for “sapphire” and a better price.
I call my set gemstone a vivid pink sapphire and when alongside a ruby it looks more pink. But away from the ruby it starts looking more ruby like.
hmmmm. 829FC465-80B4-4697-AC0F-68E42B2FACC1.jpeg AA6429A0-B184-4830-BD1D-E43C5D3DA3D5.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Is it a ruby or a pink sapphire?
the $64,000 question!
If you love the colour/tone/hue buy the gemstone not the label, though a “ruby” label adds extra $$$ to the price.
so sellers say “ruby” buyers hope for “sapphire” and a better price.
I call my set gemstone a vivid pink sapphire and when alongside a ruby it looks more pink. But away from the ruby it starts looking more ruby like.
hmmmm. 829FC465-80B4-4697-AC0F-68E42B2FACC1.jpeg AA6429A0-B184-4830-BD1D-E43C5D3DA3D5.jpeg

It's so fascinating, your hot pink sapphire totally looks more like a ruby until you put it next to a ruby, then it looks like a hot pink sapphire! Does it have a report and if so what does the report say it is?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I asked for some hand shots and inside shots but sadly the stone sold before he could provide me with them (not helped I'm sure by the time difference).

I've apologised to @marymm already because maybe me being unsure stopped her from being able to get it. :(

Poodles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results