shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 30 y/o PS-ers, what is in your jewelry collection atm?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Why the age specification/discrimination? Seems so obsolete...

Simple. OP already stated above why they are curious. The OP is curious as to what others collections look like for people around the same age. No discrimination at all. It’s a interesting thread and I am appreciative for it.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Why the age specification/discrimination? Seems so obsolete...

I don’t think she’s discriminating at all. I think OP is just genuinely curious about what people in her age range actually own. As a younger person myself, I am curious. It’s so easy to fall into the comparison hole when you’re in forums like this. I know it’s not always the case, but people here that have had a lot more time to build their collections, have more resources, etc. of course has more desirable pieces. It’s nice to know what people “starting out” have and what their plans are for the future.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When i was 30 i had spent my money traveling but i did have 2 nice 18k dressy grown up rings - a diamond and a saphire one - i still have the saphire
I had two nice dyed fresh water pearl silver wired necklases (it was the turn on the 21st Century) and a silver choker i still love and a pearl ring
I had lots of fashion earings and a few finner pairs in silver
Then i didnt buy anything for years because bills got in the way but at about 40 i did start wearing statement type necklass and earings but only fun faux fashion quality from the accessory shops down the mall
Its only in the last few years ive had more grown up jewlery

Enjoy being 30
It doesn't last forever

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just turned 30! I just started building my collection in the last 2 years!

I currently have:

- OEC diamond 3-stone engagement ring, 0.25/1.3/0.25 carats
- Platinum wedding band
- Antique moonstone and diamond platinum cluster ring
- 14k palladium WG huggie hoops
- ~0.5 carat (0.25 each) OEC diamond studs
- 1 pair of gem quality white 7.5 Akoya pearl studs
- 1 pair of silvery blue 8.5 Akoya pearl studs
- 1 pair of baroque blue Akoya dangles and matching pendant
- 1 “harvest” Tahitian pearl bracelet and matching pendant
- Chrysoprase 14k gold pendant
- 2 18k YG chains
- Engraved 14k WG signet ring
- Engraved 14k YG pendant
- lower color, poorly cut 2 carat diamond I plan to recut one day for a pendant…
- 9 small OECs (ranging from 0.10-0.5 carats) from an heirloom necklace I plan to set in a bracelet
- 5 unset gemstones
- A few inexpensive items, YG diamond hoops with crappy quality stones, antique pearls, class rings, gemstone earrings and silver rings

2 major projects in the works:

- 2.5 carat blue sapphire and platinum right hand ring for my first anniversary
- plan to reset my e-ring and get a French cut diamond band to match!

- Also saving for a Cartier Trinity band

okthen

Rough_Rock
Forgot to add mine!

I am 28 y/o, single and I own 16 pieces, of which only five I bought myself. (But all future purchases will be self funded!).

So far I have:

3 bangles: 22k and from local jeweler that I never take off!!
All three were education/career milestone gifts from my parents and v good investments :)

14C4AD57-99B1-4922-B49A-DD9847563148.jpeg

7 pairs of earrings: all 22k to 24k and only one pair with "diamond" dust (that's 14k)

1 necklace: 22k snake chain about 16inches, that I also never take off.

It has a CZ pendant for which I have matching earrings. The pendant-earring set is about 20 years old but look so profesh.

3B98EBDB-5D64-4DAF-9B3E-1304B4E5199B.jpeg

2 rings: one Tiffany Victoria cluster that was my first actual purchase!

And a CZ in 22k gold ring that I've worn non-stop for 10 years but now am retiring because...diamonds.

92FBEBEB-123F-4C20-975B-611A9B500C2E.jpeg

1 Seiko SUP250 watch: If you like Longines Dolce Vita and have teeny tiny wrists, this is a great AUD $250 version and solar, so no battery trouble! (It's on its way rn!)

1 practice necklace: MOP clover in 14k gold that I bought for $100 to see if I want VCA sweet alhambra. Happy with my fan cleef (fake-Van Cleef hehe), won't buy the real deal.

1 Fan Cleef 20-motif in white mop: $100, from Esty and in silver as gold-plating is too yellow compared to actual gold (also on its way rn.)

In all, I am so fortunate to come from a culture that values good quality jewelry, and a bg that enabled my parents to give me a lil bit. Atm I am satiated with clothes, shoes, bags so am turning my attention to jewelry.

My rules for jewelry purchases:
1. Don't buy anything I won't wear everyday. Like what do I need 7 earrings for! Same for diamond chandelier earrings that'll get worn once a year if at all.
2. Prioritise local jewelers over brand names
3. If buying brand names -- buy close to raw material value (so I can sell as scrap metal if not on reseller markets) or aim for at least CPI return over the time in which I think I'll get tired of them.
4. Don't buy multiples -- one chain is enough, three bangles are enough.
5. Don't buy brand-name silver jewelry -- as I am lazy and won't look after it.
6. Don't buy diamond "dust" aka stones so small you can't tell if its CZ or diamond.
7. Don't dip into savings or spend tax refund on it.
8. Acknowledge to myself that I will probably not own the bigger ticket items for a few more years, this includes eternity rings, big diamonds etc. And not pine over them, but enjoy what I have -- because big jewels will come one day!

How I am saving for it:
1. Put aside 10% of all monthly after-tax, after-retirement-savings income. All purchases relating to external beauty come out of this (hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, jewelry). But travel budget is separate as that is more important than accumulating beautiful items.
2. Buy only once a quarter -- so as to focus on bigger purchases rather than trinket-y stuff.
3. Liquidate anything that's not getting wear (apart from jewelry I was handed down).

On my wishlist right now:
1. A long necklace: like the Ippolita ones (but will wait for a deal!)
2. Tiffany Victoria stud lookalikes in 0.80 tcw from a local jeweler
3. Tiffany Victoria inspired half-band
4. (Actual) Tiffany key -- as no one does them better than Tiffany.

Thanks for reading, and sharing your collections!

Attachments

• 14C4AD57-99B1-4922-B49A-DD9847563148.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

EEM

Rough_Rock
Forgot to add mine!

I am 28 y/o, single and I own 16 pieces, of which only five I bought myself. (But all future purchases will be self funded!).

So far I have:

All three were education/career milestone gifts from my parents and v good investments :)

7 pairs of earrings: all 22k to 24k and only one pair with "diamond" dust (that's 14k)

It has a CZ pendant for which I have matching earrings. The pendant-earring set is about 20 years old but look so profesh.

And a CZ in 22k gold ring that I've worn non-stop for 10 years but now am retiring because...diamonds.

1 Seiko SUP250 watch: If you like Longines Dolce Vita and have teeny tiny wrists, this is a great AUD $250 version and solar, so no battery trouble! (It's on its way rn!)

1 practice necklace: MOP clover in 14k gold that I bought for $100 to see if I want VCA sweet alhambra. Happy with my fan cleef (fake-Van Cleef hehe), won't buy the real deal.

1 Fan Cleef 20-motif in white mop: $100, from Esty and in silver as gold-plating is too yellow compared to actual gold (also on its way rn.)

In all, I am so fortunate to come from a culture that values good quality jewelry, and a bg that enabled my parents to give me a lil bit. Atm I am satiated with clothes, shoes, bags so am turning my attention to jewelry.

1. Don't buy anything I won't wear everyday. Like what do I need 7 earrings for! Same for diamond chandelier earrings that'll get worn once a year if at all.
3. If buying brand names -- buy close to raw material value (so I can sell as scrap metal if not on reseller markets) or aim for at least CPI return over the time in which I think I'll get tired of them.
6. Don't buy diamond "dust" aka stones so small you can't tell if its CZ or diamond.
8. Acknowledge to myself that I will probably not own the bigger ticket items for a few more years, this includes eternity rings, big diamonds etc. And not pine over them, but enjoy what I have -- because big jewels will come one day!

How I am saving for it:
1. Put aside 10% of all monthly after-tax, after-retirement-savings income. All purchases relating to external beauty come out of this (hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, jewelry). But travel budget is separate as that is more important than accumulating beautiful items.
2. Buy only once a quarter -- so as to focus on bigger purchases rather than trinket-y stuff.
3. Liquidate anything that's not getting wear (apart from jewelry I was handed down).

Curious about your bangles as I am looking. Can you post more info and link to jeweler!! They are beautiful!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I’m working on a basics collection. I have:
1. 6 ct tennis bracelet (it’s too small, I might need to buy a second next year or the year after if bonuses are good).
2. A Hawaiian heirloom bangle I’ve had since I was small. Gifted to me by my father and it has my first name in raised letters on it.
3. Another, slightly thicker Hawaiian heirloom bangle I just purchased and am waiting to be completed. It’ll have my Hawaiian/ middle name in enamel.
4. A Hawaiian heirloom style barrel pendant with the letter “C” on it (my husband’s first initial) on it to go on a chain I bought from a PS-er.
5. Pearl earrings from the lovely SpringDay.
6. I’m in the process of wiring money to WF for my new ACA. My bank is the slowest when it comes to wiring money. And I’m out of state so this is going to be even slower. I need to figure out a setting for it.
7. 3mm YG plain band.
8. 3.5mm 3/4 eternity band.

Forgot to add that I’m 28. I plan to throw all my money into sizing up the ACA and a second tennis bracelet by 30. I may get a third Hawaiian bangle if we have a daughter but otherwise I’m prob done with really adding to the collection/ switching things up. I’m finally settling down (kind of).

Pictures, pictures, please.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my collection of rings. Missing 2 bands that are somewhere around the house 30A7A43A-8F2B-4432-9F8C-EAEE36F581A2.jpeg

Love your presentation boxes for your pieces

okthen

Rough_Rock
The latest 2 rings arrived today!!! Super happy to see them in person, finally!!! 82A17E53-F887-4B26-B528-39CC66581867.jpeg DBB62C17-F7E3-41A2-AC5C-162C8C9089C3.jpeg 218B81FF-50F6-43D7-B69B-5E6D33A65475.jpeg 60F7ACF7-10D8-47C5-B1D5-B9CBF3740340.jpeg 5CE5EA6E-02A7-4A36-859F-7283627B9944.jpeg B6AF2E51-BE20-4387-9A1A-E638A40695DD.jpeg FBB5AD3A-E926-4863-97B7-7BE5881704F2.jpeg 03E84802-D0A1-4217-BA02-AF94B6C48539.jpeg BD5A10D1-9ED7-4023-8B9F-91BBC1B99C31.jpeg A4EC6688-958D-4190-9176-A88E3D35E885.jpeg DE4AB589-6C04-49F0-B78B-3C3CDAF6F5EE.jpeg B58D2B9B-D805-41CA-BC03-FCF75EC3994C.jpeg

Love this! Is it a pearl in the middle or a gold orb?

okthen

Rough_Rock
Curious about your bangles as I am looking. Can you post more info and link to jeweler!! They are beautiful!

Hi EEM, I just had them made at the family jeweler who doesnt do out of city orders. I was kinda interested in Cartier Love bangles but the markup was laughable. So I told him to make a plain bangle, 22k, with sharp (not rounded edges) and a little bit of thickness. I recommend running this by any local jeweler.

The art deco one is something he had and I picked out, the silver part is rhodium plating which has not worn off in 3 years of constant wear. From memory, they were not much as I paid close to gold prices (which were so low then compared to now!) and making charges were minimal due to the very simple design.

Would love to see what you get!

EEM

Rough_Rock
Hi EEM, I just had them made at the family jeweler who doesnt do out of city orders. I was kinda interested in Cartier Love bangles but the markup was laughable. So I told him to make a plain bangle, 22k, with sharp (not rounded edges) and a little bit of thickness. I recommend running this by any local jeweler.

The art deco one is something he had and I picked out, the silver part is rhodium plating which has not worn off in 3 years of constant wear. From memory, they were not much as I paid close to gold prices (which were so low then compared to now!) and making charges were minimal due to the very simple design.

Would love to see what you get!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! They are so pretty on you! Enjoy!

arabellan

Rough_Rock
I love this thread!
I’m 26 and I love jewellery, saying that I would rather collect slowly and get things I really love! My collection currently consists of:

Bracelets
Rose gold Cartier love bracelet with 4 diamonds
Yellow gold Cartier love bracelet (plain no diamonds)

Rings
3ct round with .50 pear sidestones (ER)
Cartier pave rose gold love ring (wedding band)
Rose gold Cartier just en clou
Rose gold Tiffany T ring

Necklaces
Tiffany rose gold key pendent with diamonds on the top section.
Rose gold Arabic lettering necklace I bought in Dubai.

Nevish

Rough_Rock
I just turned 30 in March so I just missed your deadline ;)2 I gifted myself one lovely piece for my birthday (it's my profile picture) and acquired necklaces since then. But I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a family portrait! I started my collection about 4 years ago but I think I acquired about half in the last year (we had lowered personal expenses and a small windfall this year so we had more disposable income even after fulfilling our savings obligations and supporting my parents through the pandemic).

On my ring finger is a 2ct lab diamond in a Daniel M setting, below that is my 30th bday ring (a .40ct transitional in a wonderfully ornate vintage white gold setting), below that my lovely teeny vintage engagement ring, and my white gold wedding band. On the middle finger is a rose gold ring that my MIL made in the 90s--she gave it to me a couple of years ago because she never wears rose gold, and on the pointer finger is my MIL wedding band (I wear it on my right hand every day) and below it an adorable stick pin conversion ring with another teeny little OEC.

IMG_20210722_103450_857.jpg

I have a small collection of costume necklaces (I work with kids so I love fun necklaces), but only three that are fine jewelry. Shortest necklace is a vintage tiffany necklace (the Elsa Perretti Faceted Diamond necklace in the 5ct size), the second is a wonderful locket my husband gave me after our dog passed, with our dog's initial, and the longest is a carnelian heart I bought from TRR on a Catbird necklace.

IMG_20210722_103446_909.jpg

On my wrist I have a simple bracelet from Catbird that is soldered on. I also have a Sweet Nothing bracelet from them but I never wear it.

IMG_20210722_103438_201.jpg

I started my collection searching for a daily diamond ring with a little more presence that my engagement ring. That couples with my MIL's generous gifts make my ring collection the most "complete" out of all. I absolutely love engagement rings though, so I have my eye on a teeny Tiffany engagement ring (.30 or so), and a bigger .75ct OEC solitaire. Maybe in 10 years a 1.5 CT OEC :) At this point I feel like I'm running out of fingers though! I hate having rings just sit in my box, but I am also feeling the itch to branch out into colored stones!

But right now I'm a bit more focused on my necklace collection. I love my Tiffany necklace, and it's a recent acquisition so I'm pretty sated for now, but i would love a teeny bezel diamond necklace for dainter days. I have my eye on the Cartier diamants leger SM necklace, but I hate myself for being a sucker for brand names :lol:
My plan is a few pieces (totalling $1-2k) a year, mostly preowned and vintage. Our income fluctuates quarterly, so my plan is after two good quarters I can spend $1k on one or two pieces. My next purchases will probably be a necklace or earrings. Right now I just wear small CZ studs (3 in each ear) because I tend to fidget with my earrings and I lose one about every 6 months. I might invest in some screwback studs or hoops soon though.

We don't spend a lot on travel--we live in CA so we love road trips to our wonderful national parks--my husband loves to cook so we don't spend any money on takeout and rarely go out to eat, and in the Before Times our most expensive outings were concerts and theater events which we do maybe 6 times a year. I love love hunting for vintage bags on ebay, and we've lived in a tiny one-bedroom apartment in an "up and coming neighborhood" (:roll2:) for three years with no rent increases.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m an oldie..but I just had to say how impressed I am with all of you. I love the way you are planning your collections. I was very disorganized when I was your age..collecting without a lot of thought.

Alexandra Nova

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am 26 and I have been building my collection slowly over time. I try to stick to “essential” pieces that will go with any outfit as of now, then add more fun pieces later (brooches, pins, etc.)

-My e-ring, a double halo radiant (which I honestly don’t love as much now that I discovered old cuts)
-I have a dbty necklace and bracelet, both WG and 1ct as far as I remember.
-Tiffany Victoria style stud earrings 8mm and .60ct I believe.
-WG fresh water pearl dangle earrings
-1.8mm plain WG band
-3mm diamond half eternity (will give to my mom)
-1930s OEC 1.22ct 5 stone band in platinum
-WG Vintage single cut band that just sold
-2.2ct French cut band (For sale)
-Loose oec and sapphire that I’m planning to make into a 3 stone hopefully very soon!

In the near future I’d love to have an antique ruby and/or emerald ring as well.

Sounds beautiful! I follow this estate jeweler on insta, @jackweirandsons and say they are having a deal on an antique ruby and diamond cluster ring.

I personally love emeralds, and they have so many charming estate pieces.

Reactions: ean

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds beautiful! I follow this estate jeweler on insta, @jackweirandsons and say they are having a deal on an antique ruby and diamond cluster ring.

I personally love emeralds, and they have so many charming estate pieces.

Thank you! Thanks for the recommendation! They do have amazing pieces. I just recently acquired a deco lab ruby ring with what was described as having oec halo, but it appears as though it has transitional cuts in there as well. Maybe in the future I can save for a natural one to replace this center. E20A8D73-8222-45E4-84EC-F1F624E8A604.jpeg

My Sapphire and OEC 3 stone is currently being set (awaiting CADs) so that’s very exciting. Here’s the inspiration although mine is going to be just a baby version of this. 4A9C5542-3200-4CC6-869B-B8A01B69FEB7.jpeg

An emerald cluster is definitely going to be next, but definitely not anytime soon. I just purchased OEC cluster studs to convert into dangle earrings, like so. B8A0B2D5-B0B3-4BB2-88D5-5DB7663B8CF2.jpeg E87FF2CA-09FE-46F6-8B64-0CE8C064FC67.jpeg

okthen

Rough_Rock
I just turned 30 in March so I just missed your deadline ;)2 I gifted myself one lovely piece for my birthday (it's my profile picture) and acquired necklaces since then. But I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a family portrait! I started my collection about 4 years ago but I think I acquired about half in the last year (we had lowered personal expenses and a small windfall this year so we had more disposable income even after fulfilling our savings obligations and supporting my parents through the pandemic).

On my ring finger is a 2ct lab diamond in a Daniel M setting, below that is my 30th bday ring (a .40ct transitional in a wonderfully ornate vintage white gold setting), below that my lovely teeny vintage engagement ring, and my white gold wedding band. On the middle finger is a rose gold ring that my MIL made in the 90s--she gave it to me a couple of years ago because she never wears rose gold, and on the pointer finger is my MIL wedding band (I wear it on my right hand every day) and below it an adorable stick pin conversion ring with another teeny little OEC.

IMG_20210722_103450_857.jpg

I have a small collection of costume necklaces (I work with kids so I love fun necklaces), but only three that are fine jewelry. Shortest necklace is a vintage tiffany necklace (the Elsa Perretti Faceted Diamond necklace in the 5ct size), the second is a wonderful locket my husband gave me after our dog passed, with our dog's initial, and the longest is a carnelian heart I bought from TRR on a Catbird necklace.

IMG_20210722_103446_909.jpg

On my wrist I have a simple bracelet from Catbird that is soldered on. I also have a Sweet Nothing bracelet from them but I never wear it.

IMG_20210722_103438_201.jpg

I started my collection searching for a daily diamond ring with a little more presence that my engagement ring. That couples with my MIL's generous gifts make my ring collection the most "complete" out of all. I absolutely love engagement rings though, so I have my eye on a teeny Tiffany engagement ring (.30 or so), and a bigger .75ct OEC solitaire. Maybe in 10 years a 1.5 CT OEC :) At this point I feel like I'm running out of fingers though! I hate having rings just sit in my box, but I am also feeling the itch to branch out into colored stones!

But right now I'm a bit more focused on my necklace collection. I love my Tiffany necklace, and it's a recent acquisition so I'm pretty sated for now, but i would love a teeny bezel diamond necklace for dainter days. I have my eye on the Cartier diamants leger SM necklace, but I hate myself for being a sucker for brand names :lol:
My plan is a few pieces (totalling $1-2k) a year, mostly preowned and vintage. Our income fluctuates quarterly, so my plan is after two good quarters I can spend $1k on one or two pieces. My next purchases will probably be a necklace or earrings. Right now I just wear small CZ studs (3 in each ear) because I tend to fidget with my earrings and I lose one about every 6 months. I might invest in some screwback studs or hoops soon though.

We don't spend a lot on travel--we live in CA so we love road trips to our wonderful national parks--my husband loves to cook so we don't spend any money on takeout and rarely go out to eat, and in the Before Times our most expensive outings were concerts and theater events which we do maybe 6 times a year. I love love hunting for vintage bags on ebay, and we've lived in a tiny one-bedroom apartment in an "up and coming neighborhood" (:roll2:) for three years with no rent increases.

Thanks for your sharing your collection and how you are saving for it! I was touched by your memory pendant for your dog...got something in my eye.

okthen

Rough_Rock
I love this thread!
I’m 26 and I love jewellery, saying that I would rather collect slowly and get things I really love! My collection currently consists of:

Bracelets
Rose gold Cartier love bracelet with 4 diamonds
Yellow gold Cartier love bracelet (plain no diamonds)

Rings
3ct round with .50 pear sidestones (ER)
Cartier pave rose gold love ring (wedding band)
Rose gold Cartier just en clou
Rose gold Tiffany T ring

Necklaces
Tiffany rose gold key pendent with diamonds on the top section.
Rose gold Arabic lettering necklace I bought in Dubai.

Beautiful :) Sounds like you've had good discipline in purchases. Would love to see pics esp the Tiffany key!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to share my collection as I just took photos of most of it

IMG-8042.jpg
IMG-8047.jpg

IMG-8059.jpg

I wear these everyday

IMG-8062.jpg

Two stones to be set

IMG-8037.jpg

The goal is to build out a little colorful wardrobe with lots pastel shades and a few stacking bands, bracelets, necklaces and studs to rotate

My next steps:
  • Set my lavender / pink spinel (bottom loose stone in the last photo) in a pendant
  • Buy a Cartier trinity ring
I set aside money for larger projects, and give myself a little monthly budget for impulse purchases so they don't impede my bigger goals.

Last edited:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@ean your collection is totally drool-worthy! I love your sapphire and ruby rings!

Reactions: ean

ean

Brilliant_Rock

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
I've got a year to 30 during which I hope to add more. Always liked gems but they were out of my reach until I started working 6 years ago.

I spent most of my fun money on bags and other stuff, but dipped my toes in with pearls. Whilst I don't have the eye that other experienced members have, pearls are the only gemstone that I trust myself to figure out a fair price if I get to see them in person.

Pearl:
- 11mm WSSP button studs (currently being set)
- 7.0-7.5mm Hanadama set
- Large WSSP pendant
- 9.0-9.5mm Akoya studs
- 8.8-8.9mm Kamoka mismatched tahitian studs

Pretty happy with this collection and it's been edited multiple times.

I would love a candy coloured Tahitian strand with diamond rondelles and to upgrade my hanadama strand, but am very reluctant to purchase online.

Also hoping to find a doubly mismatched pair of WSSP & Tahitian drops like Icyjade's. Then I think I'm done here

Non pearl is a complete mess:
- Muzo Emerald Earrings from George of Muzo Emeralds
- Small dancing diamond pendant (0.7 tcw, centre diamond 0.2 tcw)

I probably only wear these 2 + the pearls, but can't sell the others below for sentimental reasons / respect to the giver

- Diamond tennis bracelet (gifted, weight unknown but unlikely to be more than 1tcw)
- Solid gold hinged bangle (gifted)
- Tiffany infinity knot bracelet (gifted)
- Tiffany key pendant (gifted)
- White-Green Jade centrestone ring (gifted)
- Carved Jade pendant (gifted)
- Tiny pair of blue sapphire & white sapphire halo earrings (gifted)
- Loose 3tcw emerald pair, 2ct pink sapphire

Going to sell:
- Small heart diamond ring (0.5 tcw)
- Sapphire and gold vintage looking earrings
- 0.4 tcw diamond bar bracelet (this was my first secondhand diamond purchase and I got scammed so bad. This was before I even knew of NGL and didn't think any jeweler would test it for me)

Not counting any silver jewelry because I don't wear them anymore. Body chemistry oxidizes all sterling silver...

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to add mine!

So far I have:

How I am saving for it:

Loved this and agree that saving for bigger items is way more satisfying than buying trinket-y stuff. Good sound financial mgmt advice too & love that you go for local jewelers vs brand names (same here).

Bookmarked this as I have plans to have a 22k cuff made and your bangles are splendid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kya

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
This is a very interesting topic - I’m glad you posted this!

As far as earrings, I have about 20 sets - most are just 14K gold, but a few pairs have diamond and sapphire accents.

Rings - .75ct oval diamond set in 14K white gold w/ pave & a 1ct oval diamond set in 14K Rose Gold w/ an Art Deco type halo.

I’m currently in the process of having a 1.25ct round diamond set in a rose gold prong set pendant, and have plans for many more things!

Edit - Forgot to mention, these are all pieces I’ve bought myself.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Interesting thread! Am 28 this year, so I guess I qualify. These are all pieces I purchased myself, so those that are not are kinda outside this equation. In general, I actually like a variety of things, and so I do tend to go for smaller items than one big item at once, hence the multitude of silver rings (I am a ring girl). it also helps that I have small hands, so things tend to look bigger on hand (pardon the pun) ;-)

Pearls
- Tahitian tin-cup from PP
- A string of blue pearls from Cees

Silver Rings
- Silver ring with blue-violet spinel from Yvonne Raley
- Silver ring with small paribas from Wexford, gems purchased from Yvonne Raley
- Color-change garnet stacker
- Statement ring with shell carved in the shape of a plum blossom

Next Steps
- Set some of the stones that I have collected over the years into stackers so I can wear them.
- Save up and purchase some bigger ticket items (a diamond ring for my 30th, for example). I'm not in a big hurry to purchase more things, so am willing to wait for the right item, but I will pull the trigger if I feel something is a good deal.

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
Silver Rings
- Silver ring with blue-violet spinel from Yvonne Raley
- Silver ring with small paribas from Wexford, gems purchased from Yvonne Raley
- Color-change garnet stacker
- Statement ring with shell carved in the shape of a plum blossom

These sound fab - they need pictures!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I’m 30 and have been avidly collecting since I was 25. I started out with smaller antique pieces that I’d find at antique shops and pawn shops but now I’ve really fallen in love with old cuts and diamonds in general. I’ll have to post my collection when I have a chance. To be completely honest I have two children ages 4 years and 3 months and I’ve found that my love for jewelry gives me a bit of a mental escape from the everyday chaos. It gives me something to be excited about when I’m spending hours on the couch breastfeeding- literally . I love to hunt for new pieces. Off the top of my head:

- 5 or 6 antique onyx rings (some with diamonds)
- 4? Cameo rings
-2 peal cluster rings
- blue pearl necklace (push present)
- small sapphire ring
- sterling tiffany bow ring
- .5 ct tw diamond earrings
.25 ctw diamond earrings (inherited)
14k gold necklace (inherited
-1 ctw moissanite earrings
- 4 antique bands
- grey moissanite and diamond baguette ring
- wedding set - 1.25 ct center halo rose gold
- 2 ct old cut solitaire 18k
- .65 ct euro in Ruby target ring
- 1.21 ct lab diamond in 14k ring
- 3 loose stones - .49 ct transitional, .61 ct brown lab diamond, 1.27 ct emerald lab diamond
- 2 Pearl rings

Ok - I’m going to stop now but perhaps add a few pics tomorrow

Would love to see the onyx!
Forgot to add mine!

So far I have:

How I am saving for it:

I love your rules!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results