shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 30 y/o PS-ers, what is in your jewelry collection atm?

purplemilkywayy

Rough_Rock
I turned 30 last year and didn't own any diamonds (or any other valuable gemstones) until I was 28 when I got my engagement ring. Now I have my engagement ring, wedding band, two pairs of small studs, a pair of diamond huggies, and two diamond pendants.

Buying jewelry can be addictive, and I'm looking forward to the slow and steady growth of my collection haha. As much as this forum is wonderful and informative, it is definitely not representative of the general population.

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
This is a very interesting topic - I’m glad you posted this!

As far as earrings, I have about 20 sets - most are just 14K gold, but a few pairs have diamond and sapphire accents.

Rings - .75ct oval diamond set in 14K white gold w/ pave & a 1ct oval diamond set in 14K Rose Gold w/ an Art Deco type halo.

I’m currently in the process of having a 1.25ct round diamond set in a rose gold prong set pendant, and have plans for many more things!

Edit - Forgot to mention, these are all pieces I’ve bought myself.

I’ve added to my collection since my previous comment!
New items are:
*.45ct E VS1 EX/EX/EX in a YG Pendant
*.26ct OMC (unset, but will likely end up as a bezel pendant or set in the head of a yellow gold snake pendant)
*Opal tennis bracelet
*Opal & Alexandrite Band
*Morganite ring (given to me as a gift)
*.58ct H SI2 Pear (on the way to me - unsure what I’ll use it for yet, but leaning towards E-W bezel ring)
*14K Gold hoop earrings (given to me as a gift)

Not sure what’s next on my list! Probably setting some of the stones I already have.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I just joined PS and am blown away by some member's pieces and knowledge!!

Which has led me to wonder what do PS-ers my age (under 30, just paid student debt though!!) own in jewelry, when we haven't had as long to accumulate assets and have too many other ways to spend it both good (down payment on a house, investing) and bad (bags, travel, going out, art).

Photos are great!

So are your thoughts on how you are going about building your jewelry wardrobe.

Thanks

I’m really happy with my jewelry collection right now. I have a lot of pieces from catbird and really focus on items I will get a lot of wear so cost per wear makes the most sense. I also like following antique jewelers on Instagram and even bought my first antique emerald ring. I figure with jewelry, I can always sell it if I need to but that cost per wear also helps me rationalize my purchases a lot. I would like to upgrade my engagement ring and I am sort of obsessed with the Cartier just en clou ring right now too.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread!
I’m 26 and I love jewellery, saying that I would rather collect slowly and get things I really love! My collection currently consists of:

Bracelets
Rose gold Cartier love bracelet with 4 diamonds
Yellow gold Cartier love bracelet (plain no diamonds)

Rings
3ct round with .50 pear sidestones (ER)
Cartier pave rose gold love ring (wedding band)
Rose gold Cartier just en clou
Rose gold Tiffany T ring

Necklaces
Tiffany rose gold key pendent with diamonds on the top section.
Rose gold Arabic lettering necklace I bought in Dubai.

I have been wanting the just en clou ring forever. Do you like yours?

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to share my collection as I just took photos of most of it

IMG-8042.jpg
IMG-8047.jpg

IMG-8059.jpg

I wear these everyday

IMG-8062.jpg

Two stones to be set

IMG-8037.jpg

The goal is to build out a little colorful wardrobe with lots pastel shades and a few stacking bands, bracelets, necklaces and studs to rotate

My next steps:
  • Set my lavender / pink spinel (bottom loose stone in the last photo) in a pendant
  • Buy a Cartier trinity ring
I set aside money for larger projects, and give myself a little monthly budget for impulse purchases so they don't impede my bigger goals.

I love all your pearls! I need to take pics of my collection.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! Can’t contribute because I’m 6 years past it but please keep up the good work ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results