shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's mine! Center is H, SI2/I1, 0.75 carat. There are 18 small stones across both bands, each 0.0125 carat, so the set is just under 1 carat total. Size 4.75.

The stones are all from my husband's grandmother's engagement ring, but he had them reset in this wedding set that he designed :) IMG_0387.JPG

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 0.75 carat heart cut diamond solitaire, F colour, IF clarity, seen here on a 2.75 ring size finger.
The ring design is inspired by the love for music and nature: the scrolls seen in the side profile resemble "f" sound holes in string instruments, while the prongs and basket are petal-shaped. In memory of my grandmother, I have repurposed mêlée diamonds from her old jewelry for the side profile of my ring.

20161001_183127_2_.jpg
20170201_162931_2_.jpg 20161005_165357_2_.jpg
20161001_231255.jpg
Your stone is stunning and the setting is incredible. The entire ring is perfection.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
A few of my rings under 1ct...
5.gif

.43ct, D, VS2, Ideal cut:

.42, H, VS2, Ideal Cut:

.90, E, VVS2:

marquise%20outside.jpg

marquise%20on%20hand%20in%20sun.jpg

marquise%20outside%203.jpg

.49ct, H, Si1:

Here are more pictures:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-babies.21252/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-got-it-my-new-ring.22955/=

I have another RB that's .96, but i cannot get a decent photo of it, so it has never been posted...
7.gif
These rings are just fabulous. I wish I could have at least one of that for my wife off course.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Helped my best friend's son buy a ring for his brand new fiancee. .85ct I SI1 round brilliant with ideal cut specs from James Allen in one of their soli settings. Here it is on a 6.5 size finger; I actually love these proportions.

17887009_10155113428088954_2064022523_o.jpg

Xamanicos

Rough_Rock
I just got this 0.91ct K Si2. The diamond is James Allen, but I got it set locally since JA didn't have any halos with a plain shank that I liked.

I'm going to give it to her in two weeks. I can't wait for her to see it! I really hope she likes it.

8Idghcl.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this 0.91ct K Si2. The diamond is James Allen, but I got it set locally since JA didn't have any halos with a plain shank that I liked.

I'm going to give it to her in two weeks. I can't wait for her to see it! I really hope she likes it.

8Idghcl.png

Oh this is so pretty! I think you did a great job, I love it!

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is phenomenal.. it looks enormous. What are the dimensions of your marquis? Really pretty and unique and I love that. :wavey:

Thought I would post my new ring here since I think it's a great example of how fancy shapes can be a way to get size on a budget. Of course, I realize fancies aren't everyone's cup of tea, and I can't deny the beauty of a classic round. But something for consideration!

Ring is a .58ct marquise, size 5 on a size 4.5 ring (I like to size up since my fingers swell):
img_2189.jpg
img_2186.jpg

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! The dimensions of the marquise are 9.51mm x 4.29mm x 2.65mm. :)

This is phenomenal.. it looks enormous. What are the dimensions of your marquis? Really pretty and unique and I love that. :wavey:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8Idghcl.png

How could she NOT love this - it is exquisite!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the variety of shapes and sizes in this thread!

I initially came to PS seeking information about gets rings re-set/redesigned, but I ended up finding new things to love. Whoops!!

For the last 10 years I've had this set. The stone (.74 ct, G, VS1) will likely stay, but the setting will be replaced. It's a long story, but its too clunky feeling for the stone I think and the head makes it virtually impossible to clean. Was great for a while but I am so excited to choose something I love!! It will be something with an Art Deco feel to go with my step cut :)

_dsc6806.jpg
I love the variety of shapes and sizes in this thread!

I initially came to PS seeking information about gets rings re-set/redesigned, but I ended up finding new things to love. Whoops!!

For the last 10 years I've had this set. The stone (.74 ct, G, VS1) will likely stay, but the setting will be replaced. It's a long story, but its too clunky feeling for the stone I think and the head makes it virtually impossible to clean. Was great for a while but I am so excited to choose something I love!! It will be something with an Art Deco feel to go with my step cut :)

_dsc6806.jpg

Love your EC!!! An Art Deco Setting will look gorgeous!!! I love my EC!!! I love Step Cuts, in general!! Hope you will start a thread, once you reset!!! I can't wait to see what you choose!!! I posted photos & specs of my rings in the "Show me your 1-2ct Diamonds" thread! Feel free to browse, if you like!
:love:
CRM

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are heirloom pieces, handed down from my Grandmother, my Great-Aunts & my Great-Grandmother.
I don't have certs; if there ever were certs, they are long gone.
I plan to have all of them appraised. I know the majority of the rings were purchased at Kenyon Jewelers in the neighborhood where I was raised...right down the street.
My Great-Grandmother would have worn her first engagement ring (my great-grandfather gave her a larger stone, later; I do not have it) before the turn of the 20th Century (1890's-1900), and my Grandmother & Great-Aunts would have worn their rings after the turn of the 20th Century; probably between 1925-1935.
All of the diamonds are round, but without certs or appraisal, I can't say with 100% certainty if they are OEC's, or a different round cut, such as hearts & arrows.
There is a ring with a very small diamond chip in it. Both of my Great-Grandfathers were Dentists by profession, and my grandfather's father made my mother a ring from yellow dental Gold, and inserted a small diamond chip in the center for sparkle, when she was a teenager.
All of these rings, however, fall into this category (under 1ct), as the photos will show. I took photos of each of them positioned next to my 1.07ct EC diamond.
My Grandmother's wedding set is Art Deco, WG, size 4 (they fit my pinkie finger). I wore them the day of my wedding on my Right hand for good luck.
My Great-Grandmother's first ER is YG, size 6. It is the yellow gold solitaire with the smaller round center diamond.
My Great-Aunt Nancy's ring is a YG solitaire with a larger round center stone. It was resized to fit over my mother's arthritic knuckles; size 8, I believe.
My Great-Aunt Katie's RHR is WG fillagree and Art Deco with leaf & flower details for that vintage appeal. It has 3 Vertical round stones in the center. This ring was the inspiration for my wedding set. It is also a size 6. I wear it as a RHR, often.
I wish I had more info, but I hope you enjoy!!
As soon as I get appraisals, I'll start a thread about Heirloom jewelry. :))

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

IMG_5195.JPG

Last edited:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine that I just had reset. Center stone is .92 E VS2
Setting is 18K 1/2 ctw
IMG_8099.JPG

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
View media item 122191
I've enjoyed this community for years and finally decided to join it. I've enjoyed lurking!

My original engagement ring was made from a diamond that has been in my husband's family for a few generations. It's a 1.65 carat OEC O/P color. I love the setting my husband and I picked (traditional with a baguette on each side), bu it's too large for my taste - and I am not a fan of the color of the diamond. I rarely wear it. After ten years, I got what I wanted - something smaller and vintage. This one is .45, E color, VVS2, from the 1930s, and suits my size 4 hand well, I think. I'm not a diamond expert by any means but love the way it looks. The wedding band stones are single cut and look much better in person. I love seeing all of these smaller stones!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
View media item 122191
I've enjoyed this community for years and finally decided to join it. I've enjoyed lurking!

My original engagement ring was made from a diamond that has been in my husband's family for a few generations. It's a 1.65 carat OEC O/P color. I love the setting my husband and I picked (traditional with a baguette on each side), bu it's too large for my taste - and I am not a fan of the color of the diamond. I rarely wear it. After ten years, I got what I wanted - something smaller and vintage. This one is .45, E color, VVS2, from the 1930s, and suits my size 4 hand well, I think. I'm not a diamond expert by any means but love the way it looks. The wedding band stones are single cut and look much better in person. I love seeing all of these smaller stones!
Stunning & beautiful!! It fits your finger so perfectly!! Wear it in good health!! Congrats on your new ring!! :))

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are heirloom pieces, handed down from my Grandmother, my Great-Aunts & my Great-Grandmother.
I don't have certs; if there ever were certs, they are long gone.
I plan to have all of them appraised. I know the majority of the rings were purchased at Kenyon Jewelers in the neighborhood where I was raised...right down the street.
My Great-Grandmother would have worn her first engagement ring (my great-grandfather gave her a larger stone, later; I do not have it) before the turn of the 20th Century (1890's-1900), and my Grandmother & Great-Aunts would have worn their rings after the turn of the 20th Century; probably between 1925-1935.
All of the diamonds are round, but without certs or appraisal, I can't say with 100% certainty if they are OEC's, or a different round cut, such as hearts & arrows.
There is a ring with a very small diamond chip in it. Both of my Great-Grandfathers were Dentists by profession, and my grandfather's father made my mother a ring from yellow dental Gold, and inserted a small diamond chip in the center for sparkle, when she was a teenager.
All of these rings, however, fall into this category (under 1ct), as the photos will show. I took photos of each of them positioned next to my 1.07ct EC diamond.
My Grandmother's wedding set is Art Deco, WG, size 4 (they fit my pinkie finger). I wore them the day of my wedding on my Right hand for good luck.
My Great-Grandmother's first ER is YG, size 6. It is the yellow gold solitaire with the smaller round center diamond.
My Great-Aunt Nancy's ring is a YG solitaire with a larger round center stone. It was resized to fit over my mother's arthritic knuckles; size 8, I believe.
My Great-Aunt Katie's RHR is WG fillagree and Art Deco with leaf & flower details for that vintage appeal. It has 3 Vertical round stones in the center. This ring was the inspiration for my wedding set. It is also a size 6. I wear it as a RHR, often.
I wish I had more info, but I hope you enjoy!!
As soon as I get appraisals, I'll start a thread about Heirloom jewelry. :))

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

IMG_5195.JPG

WOW!!!! Your grandmother, great grandmother and great aunt had EXQUISITE taste!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!! Your grandmother, great grandmother and great aunt had EXQUISITE taste!
Soxfan,
Thank you! I agree, and consider myself fortunate to inherit such beautiful pieces. All of them were amazing, and sophisticated women, in their own right. I was named after my great-grandmother, and the stories my mother has told me about her make me proud to carry her name.
:D

Mrs PB

Rough_Rock
Greetings from rainy Manchester (UK) This is very modest (around 0.50ct) in comparison to some of the beauties posted on here, but I absolutely love it! It's going to be replaced with a diamond wedding band later this year :)) 20170606_134826.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful heirlooms! I love love love them all. The 3 stone ring is to die for!
Thank you, plpinkinsa!!!
The three stone ring was my Great-Aunt Katie's. She & my Uncle Tom never had children; I was the closest thing she had to a grand daughter. Before she passed, she gave that ring to my mother & asked her to keep it for me, when I was older; she wanted me to have it. It's one of my most precious pieces, and I think of her every time I wear it. She was lovely, and had quite a sense of humor. :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews1127 -

Your great-grandmother's yellow gold, small e-ring is my new obsession. Everything I love about vintage and petite e-rings in one perfect little package. I love it!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews1127 -

Your great-grandmother's yellow gold, small e-ring is my new obsession. Everything I love about vintage and petite e-rings in one perfect little package. I love it!!
Mrs-b,
Thank you! I need to get it appraised to know the specifics, but it was her favorite...it sparkles like a disco ball...so many facets! It was my first e-ring for my first engagement (my mom gave it to him to give to me).
As soon as I get the details, I'll post them!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b,
Thank you! I need to get it appraised to know the specifics, but it was her favorite...it sparkles like a disco ball...so many facets! It was my first e-ring for my first engagement (my mom gave it to him to give to me).
As soon as I get the details, I'll post them!!!

I'll look forward to it. :)

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Just got this lovely yesterday! The center stone is a .52/E/SI1 in a delicate 14K white gold setting made by Ivy & Rose. My sorry iPhone photo does not do this beauty justice, but I'm at work and to excited to share the photos.
ring4.jpg ring5.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results