shape
carat
color
clarity

Um, anyone else see something wrong with this pic?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree that with some toddlers, you can''t MAKE them wear a jacket. At least it''s not a battle worth picking. But I agree with the poster who said I would still dress the child weather appropriate.

Who knows what actually happened in this case. Could be that Katie and Suri struck a deal...she could wear that outfit as long as she wore a coat. And then when they got out, Suri reneged on the deal and Katie was left out in the cold (no pun intended).

Lynn, apparently those are Suri''s dance shoes...I''m sure they are custom made and comfortable to a degree (I can''t see a child sacrificing pain for fashion), but I just personally think it looks kind of stupid. Totally agree on the teaching moments though, should they present themselves. I''m all about letting a kid "starve" if s/he chooses not to eat at mealtime. No food until the next scheduled meal. (I don''t do this now, but I think it works well when kids are older.)

lili

Ideal_Rock
that's probably how J would dress if she got her ways -- she's just a hot-bodied girl and refuses all sweaters

always1174

Rough_Rock
On top of it all, check out the Starbucks cup in hand. Looks like she''s staying warm with her own cup of joe.....

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2010 4:48:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal

I agree that with some toddlers, you can''t MAKE them wear a jacket. At least it''s not a battle worth picking. But I agree with the poster who said I would still dress the child weather appropriate.

LOL! Either of my parents would have wrestled me to the ground and I''d have been wearing that coat if it was coat weather. I can''t fathom these people in northern climates who don''t go out dressed to exposure. Me, I go out prepared. And I travel prepared. Coat, boots, flashlight, blankets, etc. Short hop or long hop, I''ve had it drummed into me that you always prepare as if you will be out in that weather.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2010 9:53:05 AM
Author: AllieLuv83
When I was in college we had a few guys (we called them the ''shorts guys'') that wore shorts year round. It got cold in Western Massachusetts. They would wear a coat and a hat, but shorts on the bottom. Their explanation was that you lose most body heat from the head, so that was what they would cover up.
DH and I once went to a comedy show where a comedian did an entire 15 minute piece on all the fools in Chicago who run around in shorts year around. He''s absolutely right. We like to call them "Chicago tough."

I have a bigger problem with the heels. She''s going to have gait issues.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
The folks that are bundled in the picture likely are resident foot commuters - or security people that spend a lot of time standing around outside. I highly doubt Suri/Katie walk any distance outside - likely a quick jaunt into Sbux and back to the cozy limo...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results